Why does the BES plan cost 45 while the BIS cost 30? i want to run my own BES server so i can do all OTA syncing, etc but wont wanna eat the extra cost...
    03-01-09 02:07 PM
    Yeah, it sucks. I was thinking about doing the same. But I'd rather keep my $15 bucks.
    03-01-09 02:19 PM
    my thoughts were the same.. i dont have a lot of changes to much except my email, so while my co may be getting a BES, it is not worth me paying the extra cash.
    03-01-09 02:30 PM
    what i dont really get is that in BES you are using your own server to access the internet and get email, etc, so why would you pay more if you use less resources of vzw?
    03-01-09 02:54 PM
    That's not Verizon making the prices... technically they're not even the people selling and providing either the BIS or BES service. They're selling it on behalf of RIM. They're just the checkout counter, whereas RIM is the store.
    03-01-09 03:00 PM
    Since BES is for corporate use, I imagine the data plan for it is more expensive because of the assumption that data usage for emails, attachments to emails, other wireless sync activities, and web browsing will be higher.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-09 05:22 PM
    more than likely a differnt level of customer service too. It is like ISP's that charge different rates for service for buisness customers than they do for the avaerage consumer.
    03-02-09 02:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD