My contract was up and I had no idea what my next would be so I thought the little pink pearl was cute & went for it--I'm officially in love with blackberriessss
    06-23-09 07:33 AM
    Originally got it because it was a good financial deal compared to regular phones, thought it would be a nice trick to be able to cruise the web away from my laptop and just generally try to catch up to "the times"...it has grown into a part of almost everything I do.
    06-23-09 01:47 PM
    Use mine for personal and light business use. Not on BES though.

I'm not much for getting on the computer unless I am at work and a BlackBerry makes any kind of web communication for me possible.
    Have a great set up at home but barely have time to sit in front of it and on the weekends the last thing I want to do is be in front of a computer.
    Ever sicne I got a BlackBerry I am much more in the loop with friends and family.
    Reliable phone / SMS & MMS / Email / Instant msging. It's great.
    I've used other smart phones before and as far as straight up communication is concerned I couldn't ask for a better, more reliable and secure choice.
    There are definitely sme really nice other smart phones out there and on thier way but pretty sure I'll be on a Black Berry for a long time to come.
    06-23-09 04:04 PM
    Originally, when I bought my first 8100 four years ago I knew nothing about BBs. I was just looking for something with expandable memory. My BB has made me happier than a regular phone ever could.
    10-05-09 02:28 AM
    Because according to several of the other threads in the forums "Guys with BlackBerrys are HOT!"

Only reason.
    10-05-09 06:04 AM
    I got a BB for push email and IM. How else can I keep in touch with family, friends and colleagues around the world with unlimited access and browse the internet, on the go, for $20/mth.
    10-05-09 06:45 AM
    I had an LG Fusic, love music, take it where ever i go, never been a fan of ipods. I dont like a lot of stuff in my pockets. i asked the sprint guy which one he recomends, he asked what do you want in a phone. i said, music, email internet, full keyboard, oh yeah and no win-mo, the next thing that came out of his mouth changed my lilfe forever, he said, blackberry curve. the rest is like a love story.
    10-05-09 08:09 AM
    I got a BB mainly to have access to the web,text alerts, and just text messages the emails are a bonus .I don't use mine for business at all its all for personal use . Also provides more then one way to get in contact with me if needed, not to forgot also the blackberry messenger is yet another way for me to be contacted , plus reliable and so far has been much more so then what I had
    10-05-09 08:16 AM
    The real question is why not?
    Email and Internet are big plus the full qwerty kicks @ss
    10-05-09 08:17 AM
    I don't know. I'm always looking at other phones but with my 8900, I'm almost certain I've found the prefect device (until the next great BB) . As eye catching as some of these other new phones coming out are, I suspect I could be disappointed in the end. NOBODY does e-mail like a Blackberry and the 8900 has yet to show me any chinks in its armor. It's small and lightweight and very easy to slide in and out of a pocket. It takes great pictures (for a cell phone) and even the video worked great. Even more surprising is how good they come out when you e-mail them. I was very pleasantly surprised. The more I think of it, the more I'm convinced that all the other phones out there (including iphone), just can't be as steady and reliable as the Blackberry. I think I am now just going to set my sites on the new 9700 coming out with T-Mo. It's the only phone that stands a fighting chance against my 8900.
    10-05-09 10:22 AM
    I got mine basically for email...not having to come into work in the morning to a pile of stuff I may have missed overnight is wonderful. In the short time I've had my BB, I've closed many a deal from the comfort of my own home. Not to mention I am a moderator on a very large vBulletin board and with my 1.5 hour commute in each direction, it helps to be able to address issues while not in front of another computer. I love feeling connected and having the ability to access information anywhere, anytime...and having Windows Messenger has been wonderful as well. Not real impressed with the Media Player, but since my 4 year old has taken over possession of my Touch, I've put about a thousand songs on my BB and its made driving a lot more pleasant. And discovered a lot of new music I love through Pandora, too. I cannot imagine life without such a nice little personal assistant : )
    10-05-09 04:49 PM
    Work, and play!

Ive had my Tour for a week, and will never go without a BB!
    10-05-09 05:15 PM
    I am a business consultant, and needed a phone that worked and had e-mail. I used to have a Windows 6.1 phone (xv6800), and hated it. It did not sync well with my Mac, did not work half the time.

Hubby and I switched to BB over a month ago, and love them.
    10-05-09 06:53 PM
    Connectivity - plain and simple. My BB keeps me so much more connected to friends, family, news, sports, everything! I use my BB for everything! I just have 1 device now for music, phone, camera, video, web and everything in between. My phone is always by my side and in my hands. Don't go anywhere without it.
    10-05-09 07:11 PM
    Email on the move
    Full QWERTY keyboard
    Doesn't have WM on it (Had problems with windows mobile in the past)
    10-05-09 07:14 PM
    I wanted to upgrade from my previous N95-2 and realised that I spend more time texting and emailing than talking on my phone (and email on the Nokia was plain not nice.)

A simple Java OS (which most people seem to think is woefully out of date and inadequate) that doesn't come bogged down with a load of crap that doesn't actually improve the phones functionality a great deal (widgets, anyone?) and a simple, intuitive UI were bonuses, but the battery life, screen, keyboard and push email were what sealed the deal. There are no doubt better phones out there, but the largely touchscreen nature of the smartphone market at the moment means I was drawn towards the phone which my thumbs/fingers fitted best.
    10-06-09 08:05 AM
    MTS9wireless provider) ****ed me over with my dataplan on my Motorola Q. Said they'd give me a better deal if I got a blackberry. So I got a curve.
    10-06-09 10:17 AM
    1. Speed
    2. Reliability
    3. Multiple Applications
    4. Web browsing
    5. Email apps
    10-06-09 10:43 AM
    Cause they ROCK! DUH!
    10-12-09 01:04 PM
    I always liked the BlackBerry from the first time my carrier offered them many years ago. I never got one back then because one thing was missing A CAMERA! I could not see paying that price then paying extra for data and not having a camera. But they came around and the 8130 pearl was the first one offered with a camera by my carrier. I waited to see what others would come out then one day I found a Pearl on eBay that was only used for 3 weeks then deactivated. It looked brand new so I bought it before anyone else could. I had it activated then added data a couple of weeks later.
    Now I have the 8230 Pearl Flip and love it.

I use many functions on my Berry. All personal. I do wish some features and software would be added, but it no huge deal.

Important....let's see.....the fact that berries can take a fall, that would most likely be too. I am rough on phones anyway so a tough phone that live over 4 months in my hands is a very tough device!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-09 01:35 PM
    I got mine for personal use . My last device was a sidekick lx 07 . My brother convinced me to get the 8900. I was originally gonna get an iphone . But I realized that I'm not into touchscreen that much . So I bought the 8900 and fell inlove with the key oard and the crispy screen. It feels so good in my hand. And I love the built in memory . The trackball doesn't bother me at all .
    10-12-09 07:35 PM
    I like to get my email fast.
    AbuYazeedUK likes this.
    10-12-09 07:43 PM
    Well to revive this thread - I got my Blackberry simply from the amazing ad campaign that showed the power of Blackberry and the usefulness of bbm. Couldn't resist.

06-17-11 09:43 AM
    I got one because I couldn't stand the touchscreen Samsung Instinct I had. With BlackBerry I got so much more than a fantastic, physical, QWERTY keyboard:

� unmatched world-class device-level security (unbreakable AES encryption)
    � the best push email service available (BIS)
    � the ability to set email filters using BIS
    � BlackBerry's highly customizable Profiles native application.

06-17-11 10:33 AM
    I realized that texting was not enough back in 2007 when my daughter's volleyball and basketball coaches were sending emails to inform parents of last minute changes - all the time! I started researching what BlackBerries could do, maps and emailing in particular and I was sold. Plus the the fact that I love the looks of the BlackBerry and I'm continually impressed with everything it does for me.
    06-17-11 11:54 AM
182 ... 5678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD