I own a bb because I'm a stay at home dad & project manager at night.
    It keeps me connected with clients during the day easily to send updates and follow ups so I can do my real work at night.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-09 07:16 AM
    there great. get one
    03-01-09 08:07 AM
    Because it is "kewl" and all my friends have one. We also jump off bridges together.

Imho, it is the best smartphone on the market. I can do so many things with this one little device. I love it.

03-01-09 08:14 AM
    Because it is "kewl" and all my friends have one. We also jump off bridges together.
    CBK read my mind!
    03-01-09 08:42 AM
    I got started after noticing more and more around it was no longer just a business phone. I had my previous phone for over 2 yrs and verizon sent several fliers so I went to the store and tried pearl8130 an curve 8330 I chose the pearl I love my pearl but If I had known about the difference in memory I might have picked differently, sofar mine is no problem

03-01-09 08:47 AM
    I loved the one I had at work so much I got one for personal use.

03-01-09 08:49 AM
    CBK read my mind!
    That is what I am here for my friend.

03-01-09 09:10 AM
    Like some have stated here, my reason for a BlackBerry is communication plain and simple.

Nobody does that better than BlackBerry...nobody.

I have been back and forth between the iPhone and the BlackBerry so many times that my head hurts...and I always come down to what my priority is: excellent, fast & ultra-reliable communication. Is the BlackBerry as cool as the iPhone...no. But, the iPhone sucks at what the BlackBerry does with aplomb. Case closed...
    03-01-09 09:17 AM
    Haha, nice one CBK

And I have a bb for several purposes:
    - Personal communication (sms, IM, bbm w/ friends / family)
    - Instant communication for emails I receive regarding work (5 emails a day sorta thing, nothing too heavy)
    - Ability to have my entire life organized on one device

Why bb?
    - The keyboard. Full QWERTY, it's stunning
    - Fairly good battery life for a powerful smartphone
    - Well tested design to its time management software / emailing / phone features

Overall BBs are great, and I started the find the need for a smartphone, so it was a no brainer for me.
    03-01-09 09:20 AM
    it's the ultimate work and personal device! keeps me ahead of the rest!
    03-01-09 09:20 AM
    this is my first smart phone. i actually thought maybe it would be too much phone for me but i LOVE it. i work fulltime (but don't use my phone for work) im also a fulltime college student and i'm loving it for that. the calendar options are awesome for all my many deadlines... i can keep in touch with everyone i need to. the 8G card makes it so easy to store anything i'd like and the phone is just awesome. i'll never go back to a nonblackberry nonsmartphone life. and because of my BB i've met some absolutely amazing people on this site! just that alone is enough to make me LOVE my blackberry even more.
    03-01-09 09:54 AM
    Mine was a gift. My uncle randomly took me into an AT&T store and bought me my red 8310. It's not connected to phone service but I still love it. I'm going to try to make my dad get me BIS so I can use it. Stupid iPhone plan I have doesn't make any of the browsers work. Luckily BIS makes the iPhone work so I can have the best of both worlds.
    03-01-09 10:18 AM
    because
    i saw BB in magazines in plane,
    and He ask me
    do you want this phone? ' my Answer is yes..."

and, when we Going back to home,
    he took, me go to store, and bought" my firts Bold is Awesome
    06-12-09 09:36 AM
    My treo died and my contract was up, i had heard alot about blackberries and went into the store and tried em out. I was going to get the storm but i just didnt like that sure press screen and the curve was $5 after mail-in rebate and a new contract so i signed a one year and got the curve. I love this thing, all the apps, the calendar, the memo pad, to-do list with calendar integration. Full time college student so email and txt is a must, also work for the university as a computer tech and everything is communicated through email. Cant wait for the tour to come out since my 1 year contract is almost up
    06-12-09 10:56 AM
    I have a blackberry because I needed my email straight to my phone in real time (not 5hrs later like on my sidekick). I use it for both business and personal... emailing clients & friends, texting, bbm, twitter, etc.
    06-12-09 12:32 PM
    I love to have all the latest gadets. also my kids goto school and all pta stuff and school stuff is email schools are cutting down on paper this is there way to go green.
    06-12-09 01:41 PM
    My company provides my phone on a BES.

Best part is there are no restrictions.

Its a nice little situation.
    06-12-09 03:11 PM
    It keeps me connected all the time. From e-mails to checking out my fav sites, its great. And since I'm going back college next month, I know it'll be even more useful.

06-12-09 04:24 PM
    I had to get one, my friends and contacts are all rocking BB. Absolutely love it!!!!!
    06-12-09 04:32 PM
    I got one because I always wanted a BlackBerry and because it keeps me way more organized then I used to be.
    06-12-09 04:37 PM
    because i have to have the best of the best duh
    06-12-09 04:51 PM
    This was a must have for me. I got the storm originally for bragging rights lol. Now I can't get along without it. I'm better organized and efficient since I got my bb. I will upgrade but never give up my bb

06-12-09 06:06 PM
    cuz i found one in the ground >.>
    and i lost my old phone so.............yea
    for now still getting used to it
    06-22-09 07:42 PM
    To be completley honest Blackberry's are the ONLY phones I haven't got bored of yet. I've owned mobiles since the age of seven and in the last eleven years I've probably owned over 300 mobiles (and no I am not exaggerating!!).

I came across this forum before I owned a BB and this site was one of the reasons I actually went for it. I bought a second hand 8120 Pearl from ebay and was instantly hooked - even though I was due an upgrade two months after I bought it! I just couldn't wait. Anyway I didn't know much about Blackberry's so I didn't have BIS on my pearl.

Anyway, a month later and I notice the shiny new Blackberry Curve 8900 and I fill up with excitement, infact I was so excited I thought I was going to burst! I just couldn't wait another month for my upgrade, so I headed down to Orange that Sunday afternoon and got out a new contract, ended my old one and paid a month upfront to cancel. I left that shop that day a very, very happy girl. I played with it all afternoon ignoring my boyfriend, stopping at intervals to show off the Blackberry and all it's features - he wasn't very interested! (Still to this day trying to talk him into getting one, BBM would be so handy!)

Four months on and I am still not bored; I love my Blackberry. It does EVERYTHING but make me my coffee in the morning. I don't really have a need for push email but I use it anyway as I am job hunting and get job alerts through my email address. I use most of the features; the browser, the camera, emailing, apps (facebook, ubertwitter, google mobile, crackberry forum launcher - logo which I changed to pink!, and Windows Live Messenger). I travel for about an hour or so on the bus everyday to visit my boyfriend, friends, family so having the Curve is so handy - browsing the net or talking to friends on WLM makes the journey go so much quicker.

I ask myself everyday; How Did I Live Without My Blackberry Before?!

I am going away next week for ten days and have to leave it behind, it is going to kill me :\
    Last edited by FobBerry; 06-23-09 at 03:42 AM.
    06-23-09 03:34 AM
    It's a bit of a long story why, but I've become fairly mobile over the past year. I rely a lot on my personal email and calendar to keep in touch and stay connected, so being mobile pulls me away from my laptop frequently. I was trying to stay on top of things with my old phone, but it just wasn't a feasible plan (syncing the calendar was hard and email was near impossible). I knew I needed a "smart" phone in order to keep my life in order, given my lifestyle. The form factor of the BB was the selling point. My 8900 is small enough that it fits well in my hand(s). love the full keyboard, and find the features fully meet my needs.
    06-23-09 07:24 AM
182 ... 45678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD