I really tried the BB as an alternative to my previous iPhone (hoping I would have less dropped calls). Once I got used to all the messengers, it was hard to give up
    12-10-08 01:01 PM
    Well right now I'm on a boat in the middle of a river for three weeks at a time. It really helps me keep in touch miles from home
    Couldn't live out here without my berry
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-08 01:58 PM
    I got mine at work and use it for work purposes a lot of the time but I also use it a lot for personal stuff too. I have a bunch of email addresses coming in via BIS plus I am always downloading new apps to see what they can do. I love my BB and (like many others) get withdrawals if I am without it for any length of time!
    12-10-08 03:49 PM
    Well I've had mobiles since they first started out and for the last 10 years have nearly always stuck with nokia apart from the odd visit over to windows mobile. My last wander was to the htc diamond which I felt was truly a diamond piece of c..p.

Sitting looking at the pages of phones feeling sorry formself and fancying a change from my e71 I thought the only thing I aint tried is a bb. Thinking they had always been very complicated and fearing they would not measure up I again passed by then a week or two later the bold jumped out and attracted my attention.

Got on to orange and managed to get a bb data pack for �2.50 per month then ordered away.

To answer the question why do I have a blackberry because I couldn't find anything else intresting enough to try.

Why do I keep my bb? Cause its about the best laid out fully featured well built piece of kit I have ever used. Its a real intresting phone every day I read something else it can do that I didn't know about. Just love the damn thing have a problem putting it down.

Just need to make myself a few more bb messenger contacts and I'm sorted (pin in profile ) just add me if you fancy a chat.

12-10-08 04:05 PM
    I have a BB cause of my wife. Turns out its the best thing ever. I have multiple email accounts, from personal to work and my volunteering. I work in EMS, and when I have a question about a drug or a medical condition its right there. Since I work in public safety, I have to work multiple jobs and the calendar keeps that in line very will. Lesson for me, Blackberry makes the world go round.
    12-10-08 09:33 PM
    I love having a QWERTY keyboard, I like the look/style (I hate phones with moving parts! Flips, swivels, sliders, whatever), the "personal" touch that you can add with a wide array of themes and wallpapers.

Orrrr...i'm an internet addict. Yeah, that might be it.
    12-11-08 06:55 AM
    I'm one month into my bb addiction. I run an organization with over 100 staff. The curve allows me to keep up with what is going on when I'm not there. Love the always on email and the keyboard to text my family. One of my fellow directors is constantly checking his bb and up to now I never understood the attraction until I got one for myself. I like being connected all of the time. Although I might not like it so much when golf season rolls around!! By then I will be too addicted to leave it.
    12-11-08 07:08 AM
    (1) BlackBerry has the best way of handling e-mails on a PDA. I have the confidence that I will get any e-mail sent to me as fast if I were before the screen of my laptop. Often the BlackBerry will get the e-mail first.

(2) PIN messages, which are exclusive to BlackBerry, provide a fast and relatively secure means of communication. There are some who may not reply to e-mails but reply to PIN messages.

(3) "Blackberries" are high-quality devices that are well-supported.

(4) Very secure. When connected to a Enterprise Server, an IT Manager can remotely block or wipe your device in case it is lost of stolen thereby preventing unauthorized access to confidential information.

Hello to all,

I am new to this forum, but have been reading along and poking my head in here and there for a couple of week now. I've found this forum to be quite friendly (for the most part) and very informative, so I've decided to join:

1. to make new friends
    2. better communicate with other blackberry users
    3. to further educate myself of, from what I've read to be, amazing machines that fit in the palm of one's hand

I don't currently own a Blackberry, and never owned a smartphone to begin with. I am however highly anticipating the Bold's release and looking to get my hands on one. I've considered other phones such as the iphone, and have read the very entertaining article "10 reasons why the iphone is still no Blackberry," and have come to the conclusion that Blackberry is way I want to go. I've read many great stories and interesting positions and aspects supporting Blackberry.

So I'd like to pick at your brains for a sec and understand why all of you have and own a Blackberry?
    What purpose does is serve for you? (Personal? Business? or both!)
    What makes it so essential and important to you and why?

p.s. sorry for the long post (such a noob thing to do!)
    12-11-08 07:16 AM
    I have a blackberry because it helps keep me organized! I am a student and needed time management and organizationals skills, the format and interface of the berry is so fun and easy to use that I knew after using a demo that this was the device for me. I can now keep up with all of my school work as well as my social scene in one place.I hesitated to purchase a berry over the years cause they were not the "cool" phones, but now I can truly say I will never own any other "smart" phone again! Long live RIM

12-11-08 10:52 AM
    I originally got mine for work; I'm an ASL interpreter so a lot of my communication happens throught text or email. However, I'm finding the BB working its way into mixed (personal and business) useage.

The last couple vacations I took I left my laptop at home, because I could check email from my BB. Also, I now have less electronics to carry because my BB has become my mp3 and movie player as well. Its just so handy =)

12-11-08 02:44 PM
    I've been asked that a thousands times. And I really don't have a decent answer. I don't have a business, and not many freinds/family members to talk to. If I had to pick it would be because I got tired of double pressing keys to send a text.
    12-11-08 03:09 PM
    Well I was a Rogers dealer, and never having owned a BB, I saw in early May the paper launch of BB Bold, and then a few weeks later, I live in Guelph ontario, neighbor to Waterloo and I had a guy come in who needed a few things for his home (HP, internet, cable) and I noticed his BB. I asked him what model it was as it was in the holster and looked different then any model I have seen before. He pulls it out and says this is the new BB Bold.

It turns out, he is a software tester for RIM. He tells me when he is done with it, he showed me how nice it was and showed me screen and all the fun stuff, and then he said if I wanted it, he would sell it to me for $100 and make sure the PIN is not locked.

Unfortunatly I left Rogers for a better job, and lost contact with the guy. I did have his email, but I misplaced it and by the time I found it again, I emailed him only to find out his friend bought it from him.

From that point on, I was hooked on it. And I drove my wife nuts for it. Finally time for an upgrade on Rogers, and was able to get it for $99 and I have been in love it ever since it arrived in my hands 3 weeks ago.

I work in sales, and even though its my own personal phone, not a company phone, I have a really decent plan with voice and right now UL email, so if I am ever out of the office, my clients can call me when Im out of the office, or email me on my personal email, and now im using the organizer. RIM is really showing me that a BB can be useful
    Last edited by QuIcKsIlV3r; 12-11-08 at 03:16 PM.
    12-11-08 03:13 PM
    I had an early Palm III and I was so unsatisfied with the stylus input. And I decided I will never buy another electronic personal information manager (address book, calendar, notes, todo).

Then I discovered the BlackBerry and I don't want to ever give it away. The way to enter text is the main reason for me - and yes, I have tried other Palm, Samsung, Windows Mobile devices but none of them is as good.

Oh, and Brad Pitt owns one too :-)

12-11-08 03:23 PM
    My principal at school sends out her email to teachers from her BB, and I really can't let her out do me in the technology dept.

It's also easier than carrying the old Motorola flip phone and a Palm pda.
    12-11-08 07:38 PM
    Well I just got my BB within the last few weeks. I had a PPC before and it started doing stupid things- like not answering the phone!!

The second day I had my BB I was sitting around my parents talking about potential dogs as pets and came across some breeds I didn't know. I grabbed my BB and almost instantly was able to google the breed find pic etc. It would have taken me a lot longer with my old PPC.

I like being in touch, I am a bit of a news freak so with BB I can keep up with that. I like the apps- my new fav is berrytunes. It is sleek, feels great in my hand and is user friendly. An it beats lugging a laptop around when traveling. I haven't tested the maps app, but it seems to have potential!
    12-12-08 07:32 PM
    Reliablity reliability reliability. anyone that used the WINMO phones know how much a pain of contantly reseting for it to work. Plus the push email is unmatched. I have used Treos and HTC phones and this is by far my favorite smart phone.
    12-21-08 04:39 PM
    Mine is for Personal use. I wanted a device that had style and functionality for an on-the-go lifestyle. I researched tons of devices before finally deciding that the Curve (8320) was for me. I've had it for about seven months and absolutely love it.

I use my device for everything, from e-mail, to IM, to texting, to money management, to navigation, to... well... everything

Also, I have never had a problem with my Curve since I've had it. Dependability is very important to me in a PDA, since it practically manages my life
    01-24-09 10:17 PM
    Mine totally keeps me organized! I don't know how I managed before it. When I think of something to do, I put it in my calender right away. I have an airline work schedule to keep up with, along with my own property rental business.

My berry keeps me on top of things big time! It's an electronic assistant and personal manager....what can I say..I'm hooked!
    01-24-09 11:05 PM
    UMM because it's the cool thing to do? No seriously I use it for work, school, and of course personal use. The day would be tough without it thas for sure.
    01-24-09 11:11 PM
    For me personally it was the push email.

I've been a Nokia user for years and years and although I do still use my old Nokia N95 my Curve 8900 is simple gorgeous!

I do wish the Curve 8900 had an internet calls/SIP option though.

I've had my BB for just over 2 weeks now and I really do not know how I managed so long without one.
    01-25-09 03:24 AM
    FOR ME
    I like to stay connected to the people i know, hop on forums when i like, listen to music, and have that instant push notification
    01-25-09 06:42 AM
    I actually was incredibly sick of carrying my phone, my Palm, and my iPod all the time. Combining all of them into one device was a huge motivating factor. Plus I always love new gadgets and have to have the "newest thing" so it was a really good excuse.

I use my BB for everything, but mostly personal. It is essential for messaging and attempting to keep track of my appointments and tasks. Something I am working on getting better at, but I guess it takes time and commitment. I use the mp3 player and the camera all the time too. Not to mention the browser and Twitterberry.
    01-25-09 07:19 AM
    i choose BB cause of its power and use also it gets the job done. I have own a PPC and also i own the iphone. the PPC just dont get contacts sync right over active sync never used it via enterprize with BB connect which i also have on that phone as well ive used PPC for 3 yrs and i can tell you theres no way the OS is as solid as BB. As for the iphone it works it gets the job done via enterprize but lacks true push which only seem to works with a yahoo account im assuming apple will take some years to get that right as they always to do get more people to waste there money, as for the apple OS is pretty and the apps are a plus but the lack of a real keyboard is not so robust. anyone whos serious about email and enterprize can tell you they prefer keyboard cause its solid, the iphone works but for power users it need some more matureing done. yeah and radios theres no phone in this world that has as many radios as the BB this gives the phone the power to be used anywhere in the world without restriction meaning that it can work on the moon as well its that powerfull. I have had a blackberry since the middle of last year which i never used much since i was waiting on the storm only to find out it just didnt have the bells im aiming for, so the bold became my better grabs one less radio but solid. it keeps me connected 24/7 with no problems, no freezes, no lags and slow downs or resets like WM does. you can have the same pleasure on WM on your BB give and take the touch screen on the more sweetier devices but not all that glitter is gold. i still use my ppc as a pda only for sertin desktop apps and to save contacts for my office applications. thats the only use i use it for. but my berrry is always by my side and hasent fail me yet.
    happy to share that with this forum.
    03-01-09 02:13 AM
    BBM and keyboard
    03-01-09 05:00 AM
    I'm pretty much attached to my email, but lately I've been away from the laptop so much that I can't keep up with it, hence the drive towards a Blackberry

Besides, the way I figure it, cell phones are going to go the way of beer up here in Ontario; either high end (smartphone) or low end (bare bones phone). Think I'll get more use out of a high end phone than a low end one.
    03-01-09 07:10 AM
182 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD