I have a Blackberry cuz I'm pretty much addicted to email, internet and text messaging. heh.

I had the HTC DASH and didn't like that my emails had to be 'downloaded'.

I'm addicted to this bloody device. I LOVE IT!!!
    Same reasoning as quoted, except different phone
    07-07-08 03:23 PM
    E-mail and texting = the best on Blackberry's.

My iPhone email was getting on my flucking nerves.
    07-07-08 03:43 PM
    I got mine because I work overseas, and I got tired of carrying two phones. I did not want to switch from Verizon, so I traded in my Treo and LG phones for the BB, and I love it. I've had no problems (here or abroad), and I really like having everything at my fingertips.
    07-08-08 11:38 AM
    Well, i was looking to upgrade from a Razor to something that i could do everything on. I originally thought the blackberry curve was too small but nothing else seem to have all that i wanted for personal use and business use so i got it and i love it! it fits just fine and does more than i thought i would ever need. the sky is the limit for uses and fun.
    I joined for the knowledge & friendship.I hope to make many new friends on CB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by jerry12; 07-08-08 at 11:47 AM.
    07-08-08 11:44 AM
    I changed carriers from Verizon to AT&T. I needed a new phone to replace my aging Treo650. Almost went with the iPhone, but after playing with the curve for just a few minutes, I was hooked. E-mail integration is great, which is also important for my job, and it's so small and lightweight compared to my bulky old Treo. I'll never have another non-RIM phone.
    07-08-08 11:48 AM
    I got mine for the keyboard, emails, interenet and because my cousin had one and it looked so good in his hands lol.
    07-11-08 08:17 AM
    1. I like new toys
    2. I wanted a phone I could access the internet, check personal email, and use different apps/features (GPS, Google search, check scores)
    3. I wanted something with a full keyboard
    4. BIS was included in my Sprint plan
    07-11-08 08:32 AM
    I got it, because out of all the phones laying around my house (my Dad can't seem to stay with any one smartphone for more than a year), the one blackberry was still in perfect condition, even after about 6 months of use (he didn't like SureType). Since I wanted a full QWERTY keyboard and WiFi (no BIS yet ), I went with the Curve. Coming from a Treo, I was looking forward to another well-built phone that would last. It remains to be seen if the Curve will stand up to the test, but it seems like it will.
    07-11-08 09:26 AM
    I got it to help me keep up with tons of appointments and meetings. As well as my daughters busy social calendar. Never really tought I wanted to be so connected (i.e. the internet) but now that I am I love it.
    07-11-08 09:32 AM
    I was never into smartphones at first, but then I eventually started supporting Blackberries at work and that's when the love affair started.
    That and I needed a reason to leave Verizon .
    07-11-08 10:24 AM
    i have one because I have convinced myself that I need one for my personal life and business...even though my only appointments are the same every single week aside from a birthday or docs appt lol....can't wait for my bold to get here
    11-28-08 01:37 AM
    I have one because it's just flat out COOL. It looks cool, it works great, and there are so many things you can do on a BB... It's way better than a normal phone.

11-28-08 01:51 AM
    Why I use PDAs and smartphones in general: busy work and personal life, don't want to get bogged down with having to remember things, smaller and more convenient than a diary/filofax/address book, looks professional, handles email, internet, etc. On the go (I hate feeling I'm missing out on info)

Why Blackberry: I've tried palm and winmo, both ok but with huge holes in capability. Blackberry (bold) is miles ahead of winmo + a hardware keyboard is fantastic - would never use a device without one again. Blackberry has it all, pulls it all together and makes it work better than any other device out there. Iphone is prettier in some ways, and has a better browser, but there's a lot more to a smartphone than surfing the web and looking pretty.

Convergence devices are the way forward - I rarely take my camera with me anymore, my voice recorder is left in the drawer, my original ipod and other mp3 player are rotting in another drawer, I use my home PC once or twice a week. I do most emails and letters on the bold, keep on top of the news, use it as a radio or youtube feed whilst working. Gps gets me there for work and lesiure use. Texts, phone calls, finding a restaurant, hopping on wikipedia... There's not much it can't do.

All this let's me get more done in less time, so I have a better social life and get more done at work. Everyone should have one!

11-28-08 02:11 AM
    I received my first BlackBerry last year about this time. My mother went to a doctor Phil show ( I know, I know) but I have to say with all the gifts she got I would have gone to. Among one of the many gifts was a BlackBerry Curve 8310. I wanted it so bad but she wanted to try it out. She used it for about a week and then said the buttons were too small for her and asked if I would use it. I very promptly said YES!I was hooked from then on. Coming from a Motorola RAZR I was in heaven using y Curve. Ever since then I have been addicted absolutely addicted. Now I'm the proud owner of a Bold and my Dad loves my old Blackberry. It is just such a great clean machine.
    11-28-08 02:19 AM
    Firstly welcome to CB! Because I wanted a good stable platform for mobile internet, E-Mail an SMS. I rarely ever actually take or make calls on my BB but send upwards of about 120 SMS per day and probably about 30-50 e-mails.
    11-28-08 07:34 AM
    I never thought about owning a blackberry until my husband destroyed his razr. The sales rep recommended the pearl 8130. I kept that for about 3 months until I upgraded to my curve 8330. I love the key board and the wider screen.

11-28-08 08:37 AM
    Comming from the Nokia FanBoY club (TM), the Curve was a new toy and I wanted to know what the hype was- the Crackberry addiction...

I'm glad I switched! I mainly use it for email and catching up on Viigo. I just hope At&T will release 4.5 for the 8310 soon! The Bold is beginning to look nice on my Christmas shopping list! **...**...**....
    11-28-08 03:23 PM
    I bought my wife one a year ago, my 14 year old has one and I have one as well. My entire family is on crack and it get the jobs done.
    11-28-08 03:31 PM
    My first BB was the 8130 and I loved it. I originally got it because I liked the size and it wasn't a flip phone. Boy was I in for a shock. After the pearl I got the curve. The main reason now for me owning a BB is organization and fun!

11-28-08 03:35 PM
    I just got mine last month from work. I've never been a big cell phone user, I have a basic phone for personal use with no real "smartphone" capabilities. Let's just say I have a 400 minute plan and I generally roll over at least 200 minutes, usually more. I'm not a texter either, maybe 2 or 3 a month max.

So when I got the crackberry, I didn't think I'd be all that impressed, but let me tell you, going back to the bare bones Nokia is TOUGH. I was texting my girlfriend with the Nokia this morning while I was shopping and I kept getting upset with it because my thumb is so used to the little pearl on the crackberry that I was having a hard time remembering to click the arrows to move left and right. I keep it because I don't want to rack up too many personal calls on a company issues cell phone, but what a POS by comparison.

What a nifty toy though. I now understand why so many people are addicted. I'm slowly becoming one of them.
    11-28-08 03:39 PM
    My blackberry is my life. I have every password for everything, I am on the internet all the time either at my house on my comp or on my phone checking up on the forums. I also love the fact I can do every thing on a computer as I could with my phone.

11-28-08 05:12 PM
    I use mine for business and personal use. I could not live without it since getting one a little over a year ago.

11-28-08 05:27 PM
    Email addict here. I like being able to check email all the time.

Have a Pearl now which is great but have a Storm coming... Some day.
    11-28-08 05:39 PM
    Getting emails for sales on ebay, internet anywhere, but most importantly, having a bb shows that you don't mess around and that you get down to business.

Good first impressions for the ladies too

11-28-08 05:42 PM
    I probably echo what everyone else has said. It is amazing to have a mobile PC that goes with me everywhere I do. For me, having something chime to remind me of appts, the ability to communicate easily with friends & family, and the "pass the time with a cool toy" factor really helps with the Metro waits and other times when I would just be bored. Updating my blog, checking emails, sending and receiving pics and info with my sister whose in NY, its all great! I could go on and on....
    11-28-08 05:43 PM
182 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD