I got a blackberry because I thought it was time to get a smartphone. I was done with the motorola flip phones. I looked at the Moto Q first but that thing is fugly and then I saw the Curve and HAD to have it. I love going online with it, instantly getting my emails, and having a full QWERTY keyboard. I'm always looking for new wallpaper or a new theme to try out.

I'm so glad I got my BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-08 04:42 PM
    Well my razr was due for some upgrading and my aunt has a blackberry. I was looking at her's one day and decided it would be extremely awesome to have one myself. I love the ability to browse the internet at all times, since I'm addicted to it. I also loved the email feature and just the overall look, feel, and interface of the phone.

07-06-08 05:25 PM
    Why? Because it simply looks cool! LOL

07-06-08 05:30 PM
    I'm on my third blackberry! For me having a BB makes my life ten times easier. I run a business full time and there are emails and appointments I need at all times. With a regular boring phone I can't do that. Having the blackberry especially helps me with the appointment part. I also bought my BB for pure personal pleasure. Its a great phone to be able to have when you just want to stay connected at all times. Hope I could help

07-06-08 05:34 PM
    I have a Blackberry cuz I'm pretty much addicted to email, internet and text messaging. heh.

I had the HTC Mogul and didn't like that my emails had to be 'downloaded'.

I'm addicted to this bloody device. I LOVE IT!!!
    07-06-08 05:40 PM
    I went with a BB because for a few features. Email, music, videos, video capture and appointments.
    07-06-08 05:48 PM
    Great question!
    I personally use my bb for its fantastic communication capabilities: texting, email, and phone. I love that I can immediately know when my professors send out an email, etc.
    07-06-08 07:10 PM
    Well now, after reading everyone's responses, I feel that it is not only manditory for me to get my hands on one, but also to preach my story as soon as i get one, to the next noob!
    07-07-08 04:49 AM
    Like others have said... I love having email, internet and so much more with me in one awesome device!

07-07-08 05:30 AM
    I was upgrading from my blackjack and had my heart set on a Voyager. When I went into the Verizon store the sales Rep told me to try out the Curve. I've always had a smart phone and found that BB's are so much better than window mobile devices. Anyways, the reasons I have a BB is because it is always connected. I have friends all over the world because I was in the Navy and I have different ways of contacting them all. With my BB I can be always be available via, yahoo, Gtalk, email, BB Messenger, facebook, text, etc. It also comes in handy for work. I also love the battery life.
    07-07-08 06:01 AM
    Keeping my life, both personal and professional, organized is critical and my BB helps me do that. I moved from a Pocket PC to the BB last year and now I wish I had made the move earlier. I've also found recently that communications about my children's activities use e-mail to communicate rather than phone calls. In those situations my BB is extremely valuable for real time e-mail info. Real time access to the web to check the news or look up an item, GPS... The list goes on. I love my BB!!

07-07-08 06:18 AM
    they have been the only devices that can keep up with me

they are always connected
    have great battery life
    and are so durable

i have had a lot of phones, but my faves are always berrys
    ive had a
    how do you get great battery life?
    07-07-08 11:11 AM
    i needed a device that had everything in 1. i'm always on the go, and i have a tendency to forget things unless i jot them down. so i got a BB. loved it so much that i spent all of my money buying the latest BB's that came out. i started with the 7520, bought the 7100i while i was with nextel, and at the same time i was also with att(yes i had 2 phones), bought a 8700. i love BB's so much. that's all i spent my money on, aside from my car. the 8700 was my fav, out of all BB's. so than i bought the 8300 when it first came out, sold that, bought an 8800, got a 7290 for free, and now i have an 8310. i can't wait for the Bold to come out.
    07-07-08 12:04 PM
    i love the push email for persnal and bussiness use
    07-07-08 12:20 PM
    I just switched from a Treo 700w to a BB 8330. There is no comparison in performance between the two. I don't know how I survived without my BB 8330.
    07-07-08 12:32 PM
    True story...

My first BB was the 7105t.
    I got it because it was on Oprah's Favorite Things.

I always thought BB was for Business users only.

Now I have a BB Curve 8320, and I'm like a child on a treasure hunt discovering news things I can do on my BB!
    07-07-08 12:36 PM
    I'm opening my own law firm and started looking into ways to keep connected and always be available, even when out of the office.

For me, the BlackBerry fit the criteria I needed:

Instant e-mails
    Web browsing capabilities
    calendaring function (I use google sync and can share my calendar with coworkers and my wife)
    Reliable platform (heard too many bad stories about WinMo issues - running slow, etc)
    Reliable carrier - I'm on Verizon, so I'm getting the best of both worlds - good phone coverage and good internet speeds

It's 90% business, but that other 10% is good, too. I religiously read RSS feeds on Viigo (I guess that crosses over to the business side as well, since I subscribe to legal feeds as well as fun ones).
    Games for the true down times
    I always have a movie or three on mine in case I get stuck somewhere.
    Camera - always great to have one handy and I can upload/email to my parents' digital frames instantly - got to keep the grandparents happy with current photos, don't you know?

In short - I found in a blackberry a device that can do everything I need.
    07-07-08 12:48 PM
    I got mine mainly to replace a regular phone and my old palm m130. I just wanted a calendar. Boy did I find out I had so much more in my hand. I love being able to keep track of my kids calendars, my husband's and mine, not to mention all of the to do lists I have, the tasks, contacts with all information including addresses. I can keep track of all of my email accounts without signing on to each one on the PC. I have found mobipocket so now I read so many more books because I always have one with me. Not to mention a few games. I will never go back to a regular phone again, RIM all the way.
    07-07-08 01:13 PM
    My wife runs her small business out of our home and needed a way to stay connected with her email when out of the office. She got a curve and it has been a great solution. I just got a Pearl as a replacement for my razr and i love it. I don't use the email or internet functions, but it is a great phone, PDA/organizer (replaces my Palm Pilot), and mini entertainment center (games, music, videos).
    07-07-08 01:52 PM
    I got my BB because I love having access to my emails, sms... etc. plus BB's have so much productivity apps and look sleek and very reliable.
    07-07-08 02:06 PM
    i got it because of the keyboard and the internet. i had all the sidekicks but did not like how they were locked down and could not add custom ring down or other programs with out paying for them. i don't like using credit cards or buy over the net. i lover CB for all the help i get and they free wallpapers and ring tone people share. now after i found out what all this little thing can do i will not go with out it
    07-07-08 02:12 PM
    full keyboard is just the best for texting and emails,the internet browser is nice and the large screen
    07-07-08 02:17 PM
    I was first attracted to the BB Pearl b/c it was cute (honestly). I was sick of flip phones (I loved my LG's, hated the razr, but was just ready for something else). I started researching all the things BB could do and once I got my Pearl I loved it's capabilities (although I traded it in w/in 3 wks for the Curve b/c of the constant erasing).

I absolutely love my Curve. It is with me every hour of every day (except when I sleep), it sits on my desk at work and I check it constantly. I love having e-mail sent to me directly, especially as a law student and I hate my schools email system so this makes me never have to log on. One of the best things, for me personally, is being able to find out anything and everything you need if you're out somewhere and have no access to a computer or anything.

They are so addicting. My sister got a Pearl and now my mother got a Curve yesterday (this for a woman who it took almost two years to learn T9). Now my father, who has always told his work he didn't want one, is thinking he wants one since we are so addicted to them. If only I could get the bf off the stupid (and annoying) touchscreen Glyde, I'd be set. I doubt if I will ever own another non BB phone again.
    07-07-08 02:23 PM
    I won mine in an online contest by T-Mobile
    07-07-08 02:57 PM
    because i like shiny things..... and my treo 700wx (in retrospect) sucked.

i always wanted push email and i always wanted to hook into my corporate email which my treo couldn't really do (at least not gracefully). and only a select few are given corporate BBs here.

once the data plans became reasonable and the BBs less ugly, i switched.

and it's nice having all the functionality of a BES device are far as my work email/calendar etc. without being restricted by IT.
    07-07-08 03:12 PM
182 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD