I utilize the Ignore feature, a young lady on this board finally made me pull the trigger, and once it happened, I realized I should have done it long ago.

That said the ignore feature is flawed as the person you have ignored is still able to comment, and quote your posts/threads, and in doing so can attempt to challenge you without the ability to defend yourself, which has happened, IF ignore actually removed the ability for you and your ignored to interact with eachother it would be a much more useful tool.

so I can very much see why some who are even more argumentative than I, and surprisingly there are a few would not want to put people on ignore
    The ignore feature may not be perfect, but it better than not having it as an option. And if someone takes these or any forums that serious where they feel the need to confront someone back and forth constantly, especially of that someone is a known troll or troublemaker, it may be time to take a break.

If I ever go back and forth it's because I am really bored and killing time at work. And even then, after 3 exchanges or so I'm done with it. It was fun while it lasted.

But to actually sit at home an get so angry(not you specifically) that you have the desire to follow someone from thread to thread, post to post, makes you both look silly. And 11 years old.

It's the Internet, not the playground.

War Is All We Know
    12-29-11 02:04 AM
    With so many iPhone apps and iPhone users there must be a ton of boards and comunities for them to visit.
    iphone users are a cult and they won't be happy until everyone has one.

I have an iphone but only bought it to see what all the fuss was about. I was also sick and tired of my friends telling m how great they are and how I should get one. I haven't used it in months. I am not a fan of Apple and itunes.
    12-29-11 04:44 AM
    To laugh hysterically
    Maybe like being at a car wreck, really disgusting but you can't look away.
    And THESE types of responses are what cause all the problems.

This has nothing to do with having owned a BB before and wanting to stay in touch. This type of response has to do with wanting to provoke.

Notice how quickly this happened. I would never do likewise at the iPhone forum, I left that forum when I found that the iP3GS was woefully inappropriate for my use.
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 12-29-11 at 05:53 AM.
    12-29-11 05:47 AM
    I love BlackBerry!..I mean its that simple..You like what you like and that's it..smh.
    12-29-11 06:51 AM
    Believe it or not, a lot of us like RIM and want to see them pull themselves back up. In the mean time we're labelled Trolls because of our opinions. The funny part is that most of these switchers have perfectly valid opinions. I think its great the iPhone users have threads created about them on crackberry where people can vent their frustrations. I also think its great that crackberry has an Apple section on their forum where people are free to criticize Apple and their products and guess what? they don't get attacked or labelled!!! Strange!!!
    12-29-11 07:29 AM
    Believe it or not, a lot of us like RIM and want to see them pull themselves back up. In the mean time we're labelled Trolls because of our opinions. The funny part is that most of these switchers have perfectly valid opinions. I think its great the iPhone users have threads created about them on crackberry where people can vent their frustrations. I also think its great that crackberry has an Apple section on their forum where people are free to criticize Apple and their products and guess what? they don't get attacked or labelled!!! Strange!!!
    People are not labelled Trolls simply because of their opinions. They are labelled trolls because of their behaviour. It's one thing to have an opinion. It's quite another to put it across in a way designed to provoke or with disregard to actual Blackberry enthusiast forum users. There are many other platform posters on the forum who participate in a meaningful way. There are also several who do not and who consistently exhibit disruptive troll behaviour.
    12-29-11 08:25 AM
    And THESE types of responses are what cause all the problems.

This has nothing to do with having owned a BB before and wanting to stay in touch. This type of response has to do with wanting to provoke.

Notice how quickly this happened. I would never do likewise at the iPhone forum, I left that forum when I found that the iP3GS was woefully inappropriate for my use.
    Lighten up, give me a break. That comment was clearly a joke. Since when do these forums have to be so damn serious. I had a BB from the start and just bought the latest 9900. I use my 4S and think its 10 times better at this stage. Does that mean BB cant recover? Who knows. I like what I like, bottom line. To each his own. I keep coming to this site because Ive been a memeber for years. I like it, I have recieved so much useful information here and have conversed with many helpful members. Just because now I think the BB is old and needs to be revamped is my thoughts and yes this forum is the place for those thoughts.

Dont like, dont read it. I try and never attack anyone on these forums, key word is try. But give me a break my comment was clearly a joke and if you cant see that maybe you should spend less time on this forum or watch comedy central more offten, breath some fresh air, take a walk, laugh lady for god sake laugh!
    12-29-11 08:34 AM
    Lighten up, give me a break. That comment was clearly a joke. Since when do these forums have to be so damn serious. I had a BB from the start and just bought the latest 9900. I use my 4S and think its 10 times better at this stage. Does that mean BB cant recover? Who knows. I like what I like, bottom line. To each his own. I keep coming to this site because Ive been a memeber for years. I like it, I have recieved so much useful information here and have conversed with many helpful members. Just because now I think the BB is old and needs to be revamped is my thoughts and yes this forum is the place for those thoughts.

Dont like, dont read it. I try and never attack anyone on these forums, key word is try. But give me a break my comment was clearly a joke and if you cant see that maybe you should spend less time on this forum or watch comedy central more offten, breath some fresh air, take a walk, laugh lady for god sake laugh!

I am on Lil's side,
    That post in a different context would have been a joke, but in a thread that is questioning the reason why it is popular to not be a BlackBerry user on a BlackBerry site a post such as that is confrontational, Comedy has it's place very few jokes are universally funny if any, and your post as well as the other were in poor taste.
    12-29-11 09:05 AM

What you don't know about my ability to laugh is plenty.
    12-29-11 09:17 AM
    All I have to say to everyone in this post is " Why this Kolaveri?"

To know the meaning watch this and laugh your a$$es off:
    cool tune.
    12-29-11 09:36 AM
    All I have to say to everyone in this post is " Why this Kolaveri?"

To know the meaning watch this and laugh your a$$es off:
    Lol! So awesome! I thought for a moment that maybe it was the next character creation of Sasha Baron Cohen cause it was just too funny.
    12-29-11 09:50 AM
    iphone users are a cult and they won't be happy until everyone has one.
    Please do not mistake users with fanboys. I'm happy with what I have. I get no satisfaction from your device choice and really would not care if I was the only user in the world with an iPhone.

Not all of us consider Apple a religion. Some of us just USE the devices.
    moiselles likes this.
    12-29-11 09:58 AM
    I replaced my Bold 9650 with an iPhone 4s . Was waiting for my new every 2 upgrade with Verizon in Feb and when it became apparent the BB "super phones" were going from early to LATE 2012, decided based on the ebay pricing that I could check out the iPhone and still pretty much sell it later for what I bought it for.

Not in love with the iPhone (why does it not flick???), but it's is definitely better than my Bold 9650. The browser and FaceTime alone justify the investment (is it wrong to love Words with Friends?). It's what RIM wanted with the PB as far as video conferencing.....I tried to figure out video conf with my mom via Mikogo, she just does not get it. I'm sending her an iPad.

I come here because of the generosity and enthusiasm of the amazing dudes and dudettes that figure out how to make BB better. Totally heart you guys. After spending 5 hours "rooting" my PB and not getting anything to work, these cool peeps showed me where I was going astray. You guys rock and that's why this iPhone/Playbook 64 GB owner hangs here. Who wouldn't want to be associated with such brillance? BB would do themselves a favor allowing these programmers to advance the system.

Scared that Nokia gave up on years of programming with Symbian. Can BB do better than them in like 2 years? I wish them the best. In the meantime, you CB.com people are quality. Thanks for the smiles
    12-30-11 12:10 AM
    I suppose they are just doing this out of curiosity
    12-30-11 12:49 AM
    My first smartphone was a BlackBerry 8110.
    The first forum I ever joined was CrackBerry and I still have a soft spot for this place.
    I don't want to lose my @crackberry.com email LOL!!!

These are the main reasons I stick around here.

Now to the off topic weirdness going on here.
    I am not trolling when I express my opinion about a device. It's my opinion for my use or my experiences.
    I am not hating when I express my displeasure with RIM's slowness, apathy, or the "Beat Nokia" track that they seem to be stuck on (again, my opinion). I just want to have good reasons to keep buying BlackBerry's
    I'm not an elitist iSheep, hacking fandroid rebel, or Berry flavored koolaid drinker. I just want a phone that works well for me. And since I can't buy all of them to figure out which one will, I want to be able to read about other peoples experiences, and share my own. We used to be able to have reviews and comparisons between devices on here without personal attacks
    I remember when the Storm came out and blew up the forums here. It looked kinda like the "wars" that have been popping up now, except between two BlackBerry's! Eventually the Storm was split off to it's own forum, and I stayed out of that section for the same reason I don't post much around here anymore: the constant personal attacks over a phone I have no issues with whatever phone someone chooses to use, and I have no reason to defend what I choose to use (can't take it away from me through the net LOL!!!), but I do like to ask questions or post my experiences. I always appreciate arguing about devices as I find that I learn more about them in a good, passionate discussion. Once it drops into playground name calling though, the conversation is over.
    How do we help the manufacturers (RIM in this case) know what we like and dislike about their products?
    How is someone supposed to learn about the pros and cons of each device? Or learn about another device that might fit them better?
    With no conversation, no dissenting opinion, there is no sharing of helpful knowledge or experiences.

*steps off soapbox*

~Sent via Carrier Pigeon~
    sinskey3643 likes this.
    12-30-11 01:43 AM
    My first smartphone was a BlackBerry 8110.
    The first forum I ever joined was CrackBerry and I still have a soft spot for this place.
    I don't want to lose my @crackberry.com email LOL!!!

These are the main reasons I stick around here.

Now to the off topic weirdness going on here.
    I am not trolling when I express my opinion about a device. It's my opinion for my use or my experiences.
    I am not hating when I express my displeasure with RIM's slowness, apathy, or the "Beat Nokia" track that they seem to be stuck on (again, my opinion). I just want to have good reasons to keep buying BlackBerry's
    I'm not an elitist iSheep, hacking fandroid rebel, or Berry flavored koolaid drinker. I just want a phone that works well for me. And since I can't buy all of them to figure out which one will, I want to be able to read about other peoples experiences, and share my own. We used to be able to have reviews and comparisons between devices on here without personal attacks
    I remember when the Storm came out and blew up the forums here. It looked kinda like the "wars" that have been popping up now, except between two BlackBerry's! Eventually the Storm was split off to it's own forum, and I stayed out of that section for the same reason I don't post much around here anymore: the constant personal attacks over a phone I have no issues with whatever phone someone chooses to use, and I have no reason to defend what I choose to use (can't take it away from me through the net LOL!!!), but I do like to ask questions or post my experiences. I always appreciate arguing about devices as I find that I learn more about them in a good, passionate discussion. Once it drops into playground name calling though, the conversation is over.
    How do we help the manufacturers (RIM in this case) know what we like and dislike about their products?
    How is someone supposed to learn about the pros and cons of each device? Or learn about another device that might fit them better?
    With no conversation, no dissenting opinion, there is no sharing of helpful knowledge or experiences.

*steps off soapbox*

~Sent via Carrier Pigeon~
    Could not have put it any better. Had no idea how important phone selection was until I started reading the blogs a couple months back. It's a matter of life or death apparently. From what I read, I am not opinionated enough.....kinda like iPhone, kinda don't. Never used Android (is it really all grey and colorless green like the 2.0 PB shows?). Hated my LG Dare and ALWAYS typing the wrong letter when texting.....concluded physical key boards were the answer. Loved the BB Bold and not having to backspace to correct my typos. Recently took the plunge to iPhone.....OMG my typing on a virtual keyboard is so much better. Then put my glasses on and found that my typing still sux and iPhone is really good at correcting my mistakes. Does this matter? Kinda does in a way. Oh and I can RDP in to my Windows 2008 server with my iPad and iPhone. THIS is what I bought the PB for.....it was supposed to be the business persons' tablet. Am I missing the PB RDP client? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Then again, why does my home screen look like everyone elses? (You will fall in to place whether you like it or not: Steve Jobs from the grave) but it's better than my most recent BB phone. However, I can't flick.....why, why, why is the home button required to get anywhere? They (RIM) will win if they bring flicking to the masses. I don't think people realize how amazing things would be if RIM can transfer the PB experience to the phone. I love the PB. RIM is totally on the right track with QNX. I miss it with my iPad. An awesome CB.com-er showed me how to bring mail to my PB and made all those 5 hours of "rooting" unecessary. Email on a tablet.....so revolutionary.

We all need a kick alternative. I'm not a trolll.....got several Storms, Curves, Bolds, PB.....I want RIM to succeed. Stop overpromising and start overdelivering. These guys in charge are horrible.....I mean, come on already. Biz 101. Geez anybody knows that and I'm not that smart (spent $700 on a PB the week it came out.....take that Steve Jobs). Looking forward to turning my iPhone in for the next BB superphone. Current managment may not be there when it happens (hopefully), but they are on the right track in spite of themselves. RIM cannot help but win with the passion their followers show on this website. Another reason why people cannot help themselves from coming here (armed as they may be with iPhone or other non-BB devices).

Anyway, I am the definition of someone who has no disrespect for the "BB all the way people" who come here and are irritated with apple and android strayers. Taking many steps back, if you are here you have internet access, electricity and a functional ability to communicate in English. Therefore life is good and that's way more important than stressing about which phone is cooler. Really.
    12-30-11 03:44 AM
    There should be a section of this forum that you need to have a valid working bb pin to be able to access it. That way it would eliminate the trolls who do not have a bb from posting bull s$#*t messages.
    Is this at all possible?????
    12-30-11 01:55 PM
92 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD