12-26-16 11:04 AM
360 ... 131415
tools
    I find it genuinely useful to hear about what different people value and prefer. I am very,very attached to the way I use my phone (BB10), because it streamlines my typical heavy volume work flow better than iOS or Android (both of which i've used extensively). But it's also helpful to hear from others who see and experience things differently. We're all limited by our experiences, so it's important to hear other perspectives.

It's an unfortunate reality of forums like this that people sometimes "talk past" each other, but that shouldn't prevent us from learning from each other.

Posted via CB10
    I agree. There is a big difference between passing along useful information to each other and taking it personal though. There really is no need to prove one is better than the other because there are so many variables and preferences to consider. It seems natural that BB10 does some things very well, Android does some things very well, iOS....Etc. They are different after all and, as far as i can tell, there has yet to be a perfect device manufactured.
    I just always see the defensiveness comments creep up and never really understood.
    Uzi likes this.
    12-25-16 05:57 PM
    If BB10 is so powerful, how come it can't run two apps in the foreground (multi-window) at the same time?

Why is it only capable of running 8 apps (active frames) at once? I could never go back to a OS that just starts randomly closing things just because I start a new app.

Also, I've only experienced 'app refreshing' when the phone is restarted, or if I close and reopen the app.
    part of the reason is 4 year old hardware limitation when bb10 was intended to. The RAM normally is 2Gb, and on board memory is limited (with SD as external, good enough for data with limitation, some version of handset only design for accept 32 Gb, but you DO NOT store app on external). Tell me droid equivalent spec handset what they can do today? open more than 8 app and with 2 app running in the foreground? I also would like to know when you guy a equivalent spec handset of both BB10 today (10.3.3 with Hub and security, which Driod would missing) and Driod today with equivalent spec of 2Gb RAM and what ever the on board memory (fresh out of box without carrier bload ware), how much on board memory you have for such handset (not much left? surprice? that is why you need super spec for droid, it need skin over plus other customization). now add carrier bload ware, can you kindly tell me how much memory you left to on board? this is only one of the reason, I am sure CB software guys can shin the light on others or correct me if I am wrong. IMHO. I am waiting for answers please.
    12-26-16 07:19 AM
    part of the reason is 4 year old hardware limitation when bb10 was intended to. The RAM normally is 2Gb, and on board memory is limited (with SD as external, good enough for data with limitation, some version of handset only design for accept 32 Gb, but you DO NOT store app on external). Tell me droid equivalent spec handset what they can do today? open more than 8 app and with 2 app running in the foreground? I also would like to know when you guy a equivalent spec handset of both BB10 today (10.3.3 with Hub and security, which Driod would missing) and Driod today with equivalent spec of 2Gb RAM and what ever the on board memory (fresh out of box without carrier bload ware), how much on board memory you have for such handset (not much left? surprice? that is why you need super spec for droid, it need skin over plus other customization). now add carrier bload ware, can you kindly tell me how much memory you left to on board? this is only one of the reason, I am sure CB software guys can shin the light on others or correct me if I am wrong. IMHO. I am waiting for answers please.
    An equivalent spec droid can do it. Below is a Samsung Galaxy S2 with 1GB of RAM and a 1.2GHz CPU running three apps in foreground and probably more in the background.

12-26-16 07:43 AM
    I see. Thanks. are they designed in 2012 or early (OS)? the current BB10, even for 10.3.3 is not intend for anything that is designed later say 2013... any how, I stay to be corrected. thanks.... 1Gb RAM is equivalent of 1st gen Z10. someone must be strip down something some where... interesting. Just wondering what is it...
    12-26-16 08:04 AM
    I see. Thanks. are they designed in 2012 or early (OS)? the current BB10, even for 10.3.3 is not intend for anything that is designed later say 2013... any how, I stay to be corrected. thanks.... 1Gb RAM is equivalent of 1st gen Z10. someone must be strip down something some where... interesting. Just wondering what is it... "triple buffer?"
    Smoother user interface:
    Vsync timing across all drawing and animation done by the Android framework, including application rendering, touch events, screen composition and display refresh
    Triple buffering in the graphics pipeline
    CPU input boost
    Synchronizing touch to vsync timing
    Enhanced accessibility
    Bi-directional text and other language support
    User-installable keyboard maps
    Expandable notifications
    Ability to turn off notifications on an application-specific basis
    Shortcuts and widgets can automatically be re-arranged or re-sized to allow new items to fit on home screens
    Bluetooth data transfer for Android Beam
    Tablets with smaller screens now use an expanded version of the interface layout and home screen used by phones.[96]
    Improved camera application
    Multichannel audio[94]
    The Fraunhofer FDK AAC codec becomes standard in Android, adding AAC 5.1 channel encoding/decoding
    USB audio (for external sound DACs)[94]
    Audio chaining (also known as gapless playback)[94][97][98]
    Ability for other launchers to add widgets from the application drawer without requiring root access" from wiki
    12-26-16 08:14 AM
    Imo android is good for playing games. But that's it.

I don't like how Google makes money off user data (BlackBerry doesn't), battery life on many devices seem not up to par to BB10 devices and overall doesn't seem intuitive to me to get around and do stuff.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-16 08:17 AM
    I see. Thanks. are they designed in 2012 or early (OS)? the current BB10, even for 10.3.3 is not intend for anything that is designed later say 2013... any how, I stay to be corrected. thanks.... 1Gb RAM is equivalent of 1st gen Z10. someone must be strip down something some where... interesting. Just wondering what is it...
    The S2 was released in 2011. Mind you I doubt it's very smooth for very long with those specs. It does work though.
    12-26-16 08:35 AM
    That makes zero sense... Youtube removes all videos that use copyrighted/proprietary music performed by the artist. At best... you might be able to stream a video from a "Tribute Band". With the exception of a very very small amount of music artists that give the thumbs up. But all in all, streaming Youtube for music is just an exercise in futility.
    I don't know what YouTube you're using but the one I use is full of songs by the original art!ist. I know many people that use YouTube as a streaming music service. That's their choice. What your not seeing here is that for many parts of the world, the streaming apps you mention are not available.

So it makes Zero Sense to the Westerner but to a lot of the world it's a simple and easy solution.

He Hates These Cans! - Sent from my awesome BlackBerry Passport
    12-26-16 08:41 AM

Posted via CB10
    You're being completely ridiculous. Stop it.

88% of the world do more than just play games.

Try running Microsoft Office, Slack, SalesForce, QuickBooks, SquareRegister, or AirWatch on your BB10 device and get back to us.
    12-26-16 09:05 AM

Posted via CB10
    LOL!!! I have officially read it all.

Yep, that is all we do, we play games....which is rather awkward as I don't have any games installed on my S7 Edge.
    TgeekB likes this.
    12-26-16 11:04 AM
360 ... 131415