near bb10 experience? you know Nougat is made by someone else... not BB... how could you made that experience it depend how good is the Nougat to start with... BB can only modified it to tailor to the security and UI, but can't change any droid bone structure. it is like a violin you were given by someone else, although you can make some good music of it if you are very skilled, but not going to be Stradivari... In addition, droid is intend to be modified (open source), the trade off would be leave some area allow to be customized, that means, you do not use some hardware look up table to speed up the stuff for example... you have to have some code that allow the user = 3rd party like BB or samsung, or sony to be insert their own customized UI or tasks - (more memory and slower for example), basically, you lost your choice of type of violin you want to use for specific music (note: few master of violin player got multiple violins for that reason)... you were given A violin, not customized for BB, but for majority of the droid 3rd party customer, including samsung, sony, etc. it tailored to largest user - mobile base, possibly, add some future IoT for google in the future, possibly, ad optimized... BB will give you what ever their best shot of using such a platform, but can not change what the platform provide (don't know if they have any input for google to change something prior to OS released. possibly not much based on the market share... the only meaningful change can be made is prior to release... for open source, once it is released, the cat is out of the bag... you work with what ever you get - like the violin you were given... hopefully, it is near Stradivari - don't think so since it is open source ).
    Well I meant, BlackBerry to implement things like active frames on Nougat, and a complete integration with Hub just like BlackBerry 10, I know that you can't turn a pig into a princess or a princess into a pig (before everyone here starts telling that I am a BlackBerry Fanboy) but you can take the good things of the princess and put them on the pig or viceversa

Posted via CB10
    12-16-16 04:58 PM
    Even more so when I can play it in a small window while in another app.

Indeed, only true tools and not toys can do that.
    Download Firefox on Android and play YouTube through it. You can minimize the browner and the music will still play on. The android YouTube app is also capable of this but the functionality is disabled by Google. If you want that feature you need to pay for a youtube red account.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-16 06:47 PM
    Well I meant, BlackBerry to implement things like active frames on Nougat, and a complete integration with Hub just like BlackBerry 10, I know that you can't turn a pig into a princess or a princess into a pig (before everyone here starts telling that I am a BlackBerry Fanboy) but you can take the good things of the princess and put them on the pig or viceversa

Posted via CB10
    Sarah Palin, “You Can Put Lipstick On A Pig, It's Still A Pig”.? haha
    12-16-16 06:59 PM
    Sarah Palin, �You Can Put Lipstick On A Pig, It's Still A Pig�.? haha
    The first one here to get My references, take a kudo or however its called here

Posted via CB10
    12-16-16 07:19 PM
    So let's say that all the banks use GPS to find locations of branches and cash machines. That's fine. But I'm happy to use the app just to check my transactions and do payments. Why therefore deny me all use of the app whatsoever just because you can't hook into Google's GPS, which is a feature I can live without anyway?

Offer the APK on your website just like the Mozilla foundation does, with all the caveats.
    You obviously have issues with Google Play services, but do you have issues with BlackBerry Services on Android?

Why is it someone on Android, who wants to use BlackBerry apps, has to also agree to use the Hub+ services?

These services, from BlackBerry, a champion of privacy, requires users to give access to all permissions, just to use something like the hub. Why doesn't BlackBerry offer the apk for the hub, with no BlackBerry Services integration?

Or does BlackBerry get a free pass here?
    12-16-16 07:58 PM
    You obviously have issues with Google Play services, but do you have issues with BlackBerry Services on Android?

Why is it someone on Android, who wants to use BlackBerry apps, has to also agree to use the Hub+ services?

These services, from BlackBerry, a champion of privacy, requires users to give access to all permissions, just to use something like the hub. Why doesn't BlackBerry offer the apk for the hub, with no BlackBerry Services integration?

I don't understand people complaining about app permissions. If I don't like the requirements of an app, I don't install it. No problems. And if a business (or friend) demands I use a particular app I don't like, I politely refuse. If they won't take no for an answer it's time to choose a different business (or friend).

If a business can't build a decent mobile friendly Web site with the functionality I need, I just move on.
    Posted via CB10
    12-16-16 08:40 PM

HUB+ Services contains all of the libraries and core functionalities for the entire app suite. The HUB can't function without it.
    stlabrat and TgeekB like this.
    12-16-16 08:50 PM
    Every time I hear this "background youtube" argument (and i've heard it here on CB more times than I can count) a little part of me dies.It has been explained times and times again by me and other users that Android has absolutely no issues playing youtube in the background, it was a (good) design decision not to do so with the official youtube app.

BB10 being a RTOS has NOTHING to do with it.
    Yes it does. It's seamless on BB10. Not so on Android in my experience.

Playing YouTube videos in the background via a browser works in Android, but it skips for a second when leaving the app, and the audio quality is reduced.

I said this in my other comment. Read.

Posted via CB10
    berrydroid likes this.
    12-16-16 11:08 PM
    I have never understood why people are obsessed with playing YouTube in the background on here. Is it because you don't have enough memory or no option to install a SD card? I think it's really silly, if I want to listen to something in the background like a podcast. I download am offline version and use MX Player's background mode and use that. Maybe people are lazy and can't find a work arounds. It seem childish to cry about a small thing like this in my opinion
    12-16-16 11:26 PM
    Download Firefox on Android and play YouTube through it. You can minimize the browner and the music will still play on. The android YouTube app is also capable of this but the functionality is disabled by Google. If you want that feature you need to pay for a youtube red account.

Posted via CB10
    You're preaching to the choir, bud.

I have never understood why people are obsessed with playing YouTube in the background on here. Is it because you don't have enough memory or no option to install a SD card? I think it's really silly, if I want to listen to something in the background like a podcast. I download am offline version and use MX Player's background mode and use that. Maybe people are lazy and can't find a work arounds. It seem childish to cry about a small thing like this in my opinion
    It's the last straw the Android Haters believe they can cling on, thats why, but as has been proven time and time again, it can be down IN VARIOUS WAYS, so it's a weak and invalid argument.

Take note of how each time it is explained on how to play YT in the background on Android, they tend to try ignore it.

Pity.
    12-17-16 01:12 PM
    Yes it does. It's seamless on BB10. Not so on Android in my experience.

Playing YouTube videos in the background via a browser works in Android, but it skips for a second when leaving the app, and the audio quality is reduced.

I said this in my other comment. Read.

Posted via CB10
    Quality is same when in app and when playing in the background, and audio does not skip.
    12-17-16 03:02 PM
    you do realize that Google is not forcing you to use google services. so if you do not want google to collect your info than do not use google maps, Gmail etc.
    You do realize that if you don't, your device would be a paper weight.

Android BlackBerry
    12-18-16 08:14 AM
    You do realize that if you don't your device would be a paper weight.

Android BlackBerry
    Youdo realise that Google does NOT collect info from other apps other than their own. So if you don't use Google maps they won't have your location history, you can use another browser, another email client etc.The only thing you have to use is Google Play store.

It's just that their services and apps are very good that most people don't bother to change them.
    12-18-16 08:18 AM
    Youdo realise that Google does NOT collect info from other apps other than their own. So if you don't use Google maps they won't have your location history, you can use another browser, another email client etc.The only thing you have to use is Google Play store.

It's just that their services and apps are very good that most people don't bother to change them.
    You do realize even with locations off, the stock browser still is able to do target advertising to you, even if you have cleared the cache and browser. Mm I wonder why? The "other email service " still requires Google Services to function. If not you deny permission it doesn't allow the app to function.

Android BlackBerry
    Last edited by berrydroid; 12-18-16 at 12:51 PM.
    12-18-16 08:23 AM
    You do realize even with locations off, the stock browser still is able to do target advertising to you, even if you have cleared the cache and browser. Mom I wonder why? The "other email service " still requires Google Services to function. If not you deny permission it doesn't allow the app to function.

Android BlackBerry
    Target advertising in browser has very little to do with Android as an OS, but with the google ad plugins that are embedded in the most websites. I get very different kind of ads on my Android phone when I use firefox than when I use Chrome.
    12-18-16 08:30 AM
    You do realize that if you don't, your device would be a paper weight.

Android BlackBerry
    Biggest load of rubbish I have read here!
    Why do you continue to post about things you know little about???

There are plenty of people running Rooted Androids with Google Services disabled and using other App Stores.
    12-18-16 10:46 AM

There are plenty of people running Rooted Androids with Google Services disabled and using other App Stores.
    Woulden't work with a BlackBerry Droid device either... LoL
    No rooting possible...

Posted either via -Passport -Classic / OS-10.3.++ is all you need
    berrydroid likes this.
    12-18-16 11:59 AM
    You do realize even with locations off, the stock browser still is able to do target advertising to you, even if you have cleared the cache and browser. Mom I wonder why? The "other email service " still requires Google Services to function. If not you deny permission it doesn't allow the app to function.

Android BlackBerry
    Did you fix your router?
    12-18-16 12:31 PM
    Did you fix your router?
    Dear Thurask it isn't the router it was checked and VERIFIED by service provider I SAID the issue is on going OVER the devices Data. IF I use a VPN it's mitigated. THANK YOU.

Android BlackBerry
    12-18-16 12:37 PM

Who is talking about rooted devices. Thanks Best Wishes to You, Good luck

Android BlackBerry
    12-18-16 12:42 PM
    Who is talking about rooted devices. Thanks Best Wishes to You, Good luck

Android BlackBerry
    As an example of Androids running without Google services.

Should I elaborate more? Seems there's a major lack of understanding.
    12-18-16 01:56 PM
    As an example of Androids running without Google services.

Should I elaborate more? Seems there's a major lack of understanding.
    Seems so.

Android BlackBerry
    12-18-16 01:57 PM
    It's not a small thing when it's representative of the RTOS.

Like if I press back out of my Reddit app, it will reset the app and I'm at the front page again.

When I pop back into my browser, all of my tabs need to reload (if I haven't used it in a little while).

Hub losing a typed email when I take a call. Wasnt saved as a draft, but that's a Hub bug I bet. But the fact that I'd ever lose my place in the middle of an writing field is obnoxious.

Android just isn't as good as BB10. It really behaves more like iOS, and I notice this every day that I use it. In little ways, all over the operating system, and it gets tiring.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-16 09:05 AM
    For many typical users, smartphones need to work well without lots of tweaks or work-arounds. Even many people who are tech-savvy don't want to make a hobby of their cell phones.

If you care about apps, but don't like to fool with your phone settings and tweak things, iOS is an easy, adequate solution.

If you don't care about apps, but need high volume communications, calendar, tasks, etc., BB10 may be perfect.

If you care about apps and don't mind tweaking things a lot, Android can be optimized to come reasonably close to the BB10 functionality, though it will never be quite as smooth and efficient, due to the reliance on so many third party apps with varying degrees of interoperability. But for what you sacrifice in fluidity, you get the benefit of app availability.

Posted via CB10
    stlabrat likes this.
    12-19-16 09:16 AM
    dont fill secure with android?
    But I like android due to highly customized os with bootloader. And of app for free.
    12-19-16 09:30 AM
360 ... 1011121314 ...