It's not a bad OS at all.

It's the way Google run their 'open' alliance (as a monopoly, i.e. the direct opposite of 'open') that is bad. Imagine if Microsoft said you can only install stuff on your computer if it gets vetted through the Microsoft app store first. Would you still use your PC?
    12-12-16 02:18 AM
    A Priv, what else. And a Xiaomi is laying around as well.

Now go watch youtube or whatever videostream in Chrome, and try to send an BBM while the stream keeps running.

Don't think so.

If you manage to do it I'm happy to learn how you did it.
    I'll do you one better.

I'll reply to you, in the CrackBerry App, and WATCH a YouTube video at the same time. Not just a background audio stream. Why do so many on CrackBerry think Android is a bad OS?-32038.jpg
    DrBoomBotz and grover5 like this.
    12-12-16 02:27 AM
    I know but its useless.
    and all Google data gathering. Open a Word file, first thing it does is convert to Google docs format (and put it into a cloud).
    12-12-16 02:30 AM
    I'll do you one better.

I'll reply to you, in the CrackBerry App, and WATCH a YouTube video at the same time. Not just a background audio stream. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	32038.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	36.4 KB 
ID:	414073
    Stream running

Answering CB, stream stops

Need to restart the stream

Still Marshmellow here
    Attached Thumbnails Why do so many on CrackBerry think Android is a bad OS?-1481531650810.jpg  
    12-12-16 02:35 AM
    same sequence when watching youtube

12-12-16 02:40 AM
    So please tell me which setting to change so the streams don't stop.
    12-12-16 02:42 AM

Now go watch youtube or whatever videostream in Chrome, and try to send an BBM while the stream keeps running.

Don't think so.

YouTube Red allows YouTube to play in the background. You're welcome.

Also, why would anyone need their video to continue playing in the background? It's a video, they're meant to be watched, that's why it pauses when minimized. On that note, if someone could please explain Crackberry's fascination with having YouTube playing in the background as the pinnacle of multitasking that would be very helpful. I've never understood why anyone would claim that they need a business tool that needs to be able to have a video playing in the background.
    DrBoomBotz and TgeekB like this.
    12-12-16 03:01 AM
    Android and iOS are great for the app experience but the OS' itself are not all that great, on each platform try and think away the whole app situation and look at how the OS functions as a whole and you'll see that OS' like Blackberry, webOS and Windows 10 (8 was better though) are superior.

Nowadays platform success rate is measured by the app situation and neither Blackberry nor Windows can recover from that and are therefore doomed to fail, however unfortunate that may be.

I'm personally not fussed about apps, so Blackberry suits me fine

Posted via CB10
    johnsliderbb likes this.
    12-12-16 03:04 AM

Don't think so.

Think so. I am using firefox so its very easy just press home button and magic happens. Problem here is that people think that android is technically incapable of playing youtube in background, but thats not the case. Its just that google wants you to be in youtube app.
    12-12-16 03:34 AM

Also, why would anyone need their video to continue playing in the background? It's a video, they're meant to be watched, that's why it pauses when minimized. On that note, if someone could please explain Crackberry's fascination with having YouTube playing in the background as the pinnacle of multitasking that would be very helpful. I've never understood why anyone would claim that they need a business tool that needs to be able to have a video playing in the background.
    Nope.

Android 7.0 supports multi window mode stock.

Unfortunately, the self proclaimed 'most secure (and best) Android experience' offered by BlackBerry has none of this.
    12-12-16 04:27 AM
    Think so. I am using firefox so its very easy just press home button and magic happens. Problem here is that people think that android is technically incapable of playing youtube in background, but thats not the case. Its just that google wants you to be in youtube app.
    I wasn't talking about playing YouTube in the background.

I was playing YouTube in the foreground, while replying to a post here.
    12-12-16 04:29 AM
    Unfortunately, (almost) every site now is riddled with Google trackers, cookies, scripts, ajax.googleapis, etc.

Some sites don't even work without anything Google anymore. So there is no real "choice" anymore... :-(
    Well well :-P
    There you got the answer why Android is no good and why some BlackBerry hardcore user denying any cooperation to use it and they telling people why Android is a so bad idea to be used in the 1st place.

But hey:
    The trouble was that he was talking in philosophy, but they were listening in gibberish.

Posted either via -Passport -Classic / OS-10.3.++ is all you need
    12-12-16 04:32 AM
    Nope.

Unfortunately, the self proclaimed 'most secure (and best) Android experience' offered by BlackBerry has none of this.
    Yep. This is on Android 6.0 MM, LG G3.

Why do so many on CrackBerry think Android is a bad OS?-screenshot_2016-12-12-08-30-12.jpg
    12-12-16 08:32 AM
    I wasn't talking about playing YouTube in the background.

I was playing YouTube in the foreground, while replying to a post here.
    Android is perfectly capable of doing this, if the app can't that's the developer's problem.

Why do so many on CrackBerry think Android is a bad OS?-img_20161212_084157_282.jpg
    12-12-16 08:44 AM
    Nope.

Me happily running YouTube and Microsoft OneNote in Android 6.0.1 on my S7 Edge
    12-12-16 08:59 AM
    Android is perfectly capable of doing this, if the app can't that's the developer's problem.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20161212_084157_282.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	414087

how many apps multitasking here including Firefox? All developers problem? Or Android problem?!?

Why people think youtube is the only source of video by the way? Why people think its logic to be stuck with youtube red? Really?

Anyway all browsers showing here at most hybernate, not multitask. They all stop playing which just is pathetic as this thing isn't a Commodore 64 or some other archaic computer. Idiotic you cant reply a BBM or Whatsapp without stopping a live stream.

FF keeps running only when in desktop mode AND the stream being non flash. Which is not the case with my national TV channels and above Skysport example and actually almost all non youtube streams.

Some say 'it is to protect against unknown data consumption'. Maybe. Others note this way you are forced to watch google adverts and to use google apps. Take your pick.

Anyway, Looking forward to Nougat. Priv doesn't have it yet, which is a pity. As long year BB client and former OS10 user I still miss the nice multitasking capabilities of OS10. Even if I get the impression some people would like see it forbidden to mark up the weak things of Android it seems.

Now actually for all things I dont like about Android I found some work around and therefor are quite a happy Priv user.

This video thing is the only thing impossible yet to work around.
    Last edited by johnsliderbb; 12-12-16 at 10:05 AM.
    12-12-16 09:06 AM
    My daughter switched to Android and really misses BB10. My wife has the Priv and anytime I have to use it, it frustrates me...not as much as Apple though.

I'm looking into a Sailfish phone next.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-16 09:17 AM
    Bcoz it's less secured and other lots of reasons

Posted via CB10
    12-12-16 09:53 AM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...a92cc552b3.jpg
    how many apps multitasking here including Firefox? All developers problem? Or Android problem?!?

Why people think youtube is the only source of video by the way? Why people think its logic to be stuck with youtube red? Really?

Anyway all browsers showing here at most hybernate, not multitask. They all stop playing which just is pathetic as this thing isn't a Commodore 64 or some other archaic computer. Idiotic you cant reply a BBM or Whatsapp without stopping a live stream.

FF keeps running only when in desktop mode AND the stream being non flash. Which is not the case with my national TV channels and above Skysport example and actually almost all non youtube streams.
    Replying to WA without stopping video.
    Attached Thumbnails Why do so many on CrackBerry think Android is a bad OS?-sketch-1481560162908.jpg   Why do so many on CrackBerry think Android is a bad OS?-sketch-1481560683710.jpg  
    Last edited by telepbs; 12-12-16 at 10:40 AM.
    12-12-16 10:28 AM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...a92cc552b3.jpg

Some say 'it is to protect against unknown data consumption'. Maybe. Others note this way you are forced to watch google adverts and to use google apps. Take your pick.

Anyway, Looking forward to Nougat. Priv doesn't have it yet, which is a pity. As long year BB client and former OS10 user I still miss the nice multitasking capabilities of OS10. Even if I get the impression some people would like see it forbidden to mark up the weak things of Android it seems.

Now actually for all things I dont like about Android I found some work around and therefor are quite a happy Priv user.

This video thing is the only thing impossible yet to work around.
    Again - it is up to the developer to include the ability to quick reply if that's what you want. The moment you have to leave the app playing video the system correctly assumes you've stopped watching (because you have) and pauses playback. Video will resume once it's returned to the foreground where it can be watched again.

I get this is a feature you'd like to have but that's different from offering it as an example of multitasking or lack of - there's plenty of examples showing its perfectly capable of doing so.

If you'd like a good example of multitasking, cast your video to your TV and keep watching while you do other things.
    Laura Knotek and cribble2k like this.
    12-12-16 10:39 AM

I think some users just don't want to pay subscription fees to an online music service. So they play in the YouTube in background so that they can stream music for free.
    12-12-16 11:08 AM
    I think some users just don't want to pay subscription fees to an online music service. So they play in the YouTube in background so that they can stream music for free.
    Yes but I think that's the problem. YouTube is a video streaming service and not a music streaming one. Even youtube music is there to cater music videos. If you want music streaming with background play you shouldn't be using youtube. YouTube is free though with some streaming services not being free
    12-12-16 12:27 PM
    Install OGYouTube. Allows for background play and downloading.

http://www.underclassblog.com/search?q=ogyoutube&m=1
    12-12-16 12:34 PM
    That makes zero sense... Youtube removes all videos that use copyrighted/proprietary music performed by the artist. At best... you might be able to stream a video from a "Tribute Band". With the exception of a very very small amount of music artists that give the thumbs up. But all in all, streaming Youtube for music is just an exercise in futility. Any user is better off using Google Play Music (free version), Pandora (again free version), Slacker, Spotify, iHeartRadio, etc... all of which the free versions offer exactly what they're asking for. And all of which play in the background (GASP! Multitasking working!).

The point is... somehow on CB it's been ingrained into CB fan's heads that multitasking doesn't work on any OS other than BBOS, Which is just a load of crap. Using Youtube app as an example is non-sequitor. The app was designed to intentionally not work in the background unless you subscribe to YoutubeRed. Plain and simple. And honestly... anybody using Youtube as a source of music streaming is just... for lack of a better term... lazy or stupid... too many other options already available.
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    12-12-16 04:16 PM
    The long standing argument about playing YouTube in the background never gets old. 😁
    12-12-16 05:40 PM
360 ... 678910 ...