Still rockin my Q10 these days. In fact I just purchased a second new Q10 after the announcement from BlackBerry that they will farm out handset manufacturing from now on. I've also had iphones and Samsung Note series Androids, but for typing text, nothing beats a physical keyboard.

I just purchased a new Priv last month, and my shift to it from my Samsung Note was pain free since I've been using Android as well since 2012. If only the apps I need were available on BB10, I'd prefer the BlackBerry OS.

I don't think Android is rubbish. Just so happens I find BB10 more efficient and elegant. With the current discounts on BlackBerry handsets, I may cave in and get myself the Passport SE.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-16 09:40 AM
    I'd be more worried about Skynet coming online than some authoritarian regime that knows all.
    It's not the "government" that worries me, it's that one person who over steps their authority, same for law enforcement, because there will be no recourse for the damage that they might have caused to a specific person or group. Abuses happen now and few are ever held to account. Same for all this ridiculous cloud business. It's the era of entrust all of your information and data to a third party whom you have no means to vet and pray that no one else ever gets access to it or that the data is lost.

You can deny app permissions in Android MM... but just like with BB10 if that permission is a requirement for the app to function, it won't work.
    Ah, my tablet has Lollipop on it so I am out of luck there. Nice that they finally woke up and put that in.
    11-01-16 06:10 PM
    Android on the Priv is too good.
    11-02-16 09:21 AM
    Is Android bad? Yes it is in the context of being a Blackberry.

So the usage is quite okay. Only thing I miss it still can't multitask. When streaming a sportsgame a BBM of an also watching friend comes in, answering it will stop the stream. Just annoying, as you could multitask on OS10.

However by definition you are driven into the hands of data collector google. Really, BB updates only via playstore, no BB World option. Bye bye Privacy. I can't comment on Android security and vulnerability vs OS10.

The other thing that sets me off on Android is the way the programs are toyed together. It is like buying a car with 3 wheel and the cylinders of the engine missing. I mean things like a text program, internet browser, file browser should be native programs. Not so on Android. Pick from a zillion suppliers, textra vs yaata vs whatever, habit vs naked vs polarity vs ff vs chrome all great choices. All great to end up with still no seamless operating hub eg. Apart from the fact you are "paying" extra for basics either with more personal data or money for stuff that should be in on the first place.

Tuning a car with spoilers and bullbars is fine. So no complains wa, fb and other non essential stuff is to be added by yourself.

So to me Android is bad. In the Blackberry context even more.

Is it better than OP referred iOS? Probably. At least with some effort involved you can change things in Android to your liking. If Blackberry would offer its updates via a Blackberry native channel at least Privacy can be regained which make the usage quite acceptable again.

My 2 cents.
    you do realize that Google is not forcing you to use google services. so if you do not want google to collect your info than do not use google maps, Gmail etc.
    TgeekB likes this.
    11-02-16 10:07 AM
    The other thing that sets me off on Android is the way the programs are toyed together. It is like buying a car with 3 wheel and the cylinders of the engine missing. I mean things like a text program, internet browser, file browser should be native programs. Not so on Android. Pick from a zillion suppliers, textra vs yaata vs whatever, habit vs naked vs polarity vs ff vs chrome all great choices. All great to end up with still no seamless operating hub eg. Apart from the fact you are "paying" extra for basics either with more personal data or money for stuff that should be in on the first place.
    Dont know which android phone you used, but my god you are so wrong on so many things.
    No SMS app - Nexus phones are using messenger app (other android oems are supplying their own solutions).
    Browser- Chrome is installed by default on every google certified android phone
    Except Nexus every android phone is equiped with some kind of file manager (many surpass beloved bb10 file manager)

No multitasking? 5 apps running simultaneously, Browser, youtube in the background, file manager, upload to mega cloud in the background and torrent download in the backgroung. If thats not multitasking then i do not understand the definition of multitasking.
    Attached Thumbnails Why do so many on CrackBerry think Android is a bad OS?-screenshot_20161102-181829.jpg  
    Last edited by telepbs; 11-02-16 at 12:24 PM.
    Bbnivende and ck2nb like this.
    11-02-16 12:01 PM
    Dont know which android phone you used, but my god you are so wrong on so many things.
    No SMS app - Nexus phones are using messenger app (other android oems are supplying their own solutions).
    Except Nexus every android phone is equiped with some kind of file manager (many surpass beloved bb10 file manager)

No multitasking? 5 apps running simultaneously, Browser, youtube in the background, file manager, upload to mega cloud in the background and torrent download in the backgroung. If thats not multitasking then i do not understand the definition of multitasking.
    There are various types or levels of multitasking, ranging from basic round robin schedulers to complex event driven pre-emptive systems, plus a huge variety of architectures and host operating systems.

��� вℓα�квєяяу ραѕѕρσят ѕιℓνєя є∂ιтιση ���
    11-02-16 01:19 PM
    So, android is capable of multitasking.
    DrBoomBotz and JeepBB like this.
    11-02-16 01:48 PM
    So, android is capable of multitasking.
    Android N even has a multi-window multitasking mode Multi-Window in Android Nougat is amazing on the Pixel C | Android Central
    TgeekB and JeepBB like this.
    11-02-16 02:18 PM
    Yep, its pretty good
    Attached Thumbnails Why do so many on CrackBerry think Android is a bad OS?-screenshot_20161102-203222.jpg  
    TgeekB and JeepBB like this.
    11-02-16 02:33 PM
    you do realize that Google is not forcing you to use google services. so if you do not want google to collect your info than do not use google maps, Gmail etc.
    Unfortunately, (almost) every site now is riddled with Google trackers, cookies, scripts, ajax.googleapis, etc.

Some sites don't even work without anything Google anymore. So there is no real "choice" anymore... :-(

�   "BB10 dead?" - "Let's dance the Danse MacaBBRY! ... or is it..?" ;-D   �
    johnsliderbb likes this.
    11-02-16 03:45 PM
    Unfortunately, (almost) every site now is riddled with Google trackers, cookies, scripts, ajax.googleapis, etc.

Some sites don't even work without anything Google anymore. So there is no real "choice" anymore... :-(

�   "BB10 dead?" - "Let's dance the Danse MacaBBRY! ... or is it..?" ;-D   �
    Unfortunately, it's the price of a cheap internet. Then again, I guess we don't have to use our phones on the internet.
    11-02-16 06:00 PM
    Why should I show sympathy to an Android user? They've made their beds and now have to lie down in it.

��� вℓα�квєяяу ραѕѕρσят ѕιℓνєя є∂ιтιση ���
    Lol @ the over dramatics.

These are just phones.
    JeepBB and TgeekB like this.
    11-02-16 08:36 PM

All Android phones including Nexus have a file manager built in, Android 6.0.1 and up.

Settings > Storage > Explore
    11-03-16 12:50 AM
    I know but its useless.
    11-03-16 03:24 AM
    1) People like to justify their choices by berating the alternatives that they didn't choose. 2) some refute change.

All OS have pluses and minuses. As much as I love BB10, there are times that it frustrates me and I look forward to making the switch. Overall it is a good OS but as many have said here, it is falling behind the competition. I'm not referring to Apps because I'm not big into that (as yet).

Android and iOS have constantly evolved, whether by innovation or borrowing of ideas. BB10 hasn't evolved for well over a year and that is clear sign in the tech world.
    Ecm, MikeX74, blackmass and 1 others like this.
    11-03-16 01:26 PM
    Well guys my q10 finally gave up the ghost today, and had to get an emergency replacement a Sony z2 at such short notice, but managed to try out the BlackBerry features on it. Well at least I still have a hub and my beloved tasks!!!! Struggling with crackberry on here though!! So I will now find out what android is really like!!!!!
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    11-03-16 05:53 PM
    1) People like to justify their choices by berating the alternatives that they didn't choose. 2) some refute change.

All OS have pluses and minuses. As much as I love BB10, there are times that it frustrates me and I look forward to making the switch. Overall it is a good OS but as many have said here, it is falling behind the competition. I'm not referring to Apps because I'm not big into that (as yet).

Android and iOS have constantly evolved, whether by innovation or borrowing of ideas. BB10 hasn't evolved for well over a year and that is clear sign in the tech world.
    I don't know, I've used iOS, Android, and BB10 over the past 6 months. I'd rank BB10 over both of them any day.

Posted via CB10
    stlabrat and silversmith75 like this.
    11-03-16 11:21 PM
    Well guys my q10 finally gave up the ghost today, and had to get an emergency replacement a Sony z2 at such short notice, but managed to try out the BlackBerry features on it. Well at least I still have a hub and my beloved tasks!!!! Struggling with crackberry on here though!! So I will now find out what android is really like!!!!!
    The Xperia Z2 is a good phone even today, enjoy it, it will be a decent introduction to Android for you.
    11-04-16 03:19 AM
    I swore I would never go to Android or ios. Here I am using a priv and couldn't be happier. Are there things I miss? Sure but there are things I don't miss too. It did take some time to get used to it but no regrets.
    11-04-16 04:15 AM
    I don't know, I've used iOS, Android, and BB10 over the past 6 months. I'd rank BB10 over both of them any day.

Posted via CB10
    Don't get me wrong, I get frustrated whenever I use android and I find iOS tedious. I kinda feel like BB10 spoiled me. I would have been happy to stick with BB10, but their is no successor for the Z30 and no compelling reason to stay with an OS that won't be further developed. What we see now with BB10 is what it will be forever more. Nothing new will come to it.

I am not a big fan of Android at all, but I see the advantages to using it. Besides, if my dad that has zero digital tech skills can operate a Galaxy S6, I shouldn't have much issue taking the plunge.
    11-04-16 08:17 AM
    Don't get me wrong, I get frustrated whenever I use android and I find iOS tedious. I kinda feel like BB10 spoiled me. I would have been happy to stick with BB10, but their is no successor for the Z30 and no compelling reason to stay with an OS that won't be further developed. What we see now with BB10 is what it will be forever more. Nothing new will come to it.

I am not a big fan of Android at all, but I see the advantages to using it. Besides, if my dad that has zero digital tech skills can operate a Galaxy S6, I shouldn't have much issue taking the plunge.
    Managing notifications, emails, files...even photos. It's all so much easier and more fluid on BB10. I'm enjoying parts of my time with the Priv, and the form factor is great, but it feels like a car with a body glued to it, a spoiler pasted on, nothing feels as though it was designed with a cohesive plan in mind, just adding things as it grows. BB10 feels very deliberate, and that's why it's the best OS.

Posted via CB10
    ALToronto likes this.
    11-08-16 07:51 AM
    The problem with bbry and android and basically how they came to market with bb10 in my opinion is this.....it was half baked. For example, when bb10 first came out it was not complete and later on with the updates the system was more hole and a really good OS. For me on my passport with the last update of 10.3.2, it was a fantastic OS. Had all the features you wanted, was extremely fast, you could multitask like it was going out of style, it was just a fantastic build. This is the build they should have released bb10 with when it first came out.

When I switched to the android system and the PRIV it was the same thing. They came out with the bbry features and they were half baked. Hub was not fully complete as well as calendar and task apps. Now with the latest updates it really is a fantastic phone. From the hub to the camera all the other apps they have. This is how they should have released the PRIV as.

What I'm trying to get at is if they actually released their products "fully complete" I believe more people will have enjoyed the products. People that I have showed the PRIV too at fist were not entirely impressed but now with the new updates they can't believe how well rounded the device is. I just hope, the Dtek70 or whatever they call it will come as a full package because that will be the phone all bbry fans will love and will attract people that like a physical keyboard.
    11-08-16 08:47 AM
    The problem with bbry and android and basically how they came to market with bb10 in my opinion is this.....it was half baked. For example, when bb10 first came out it was not complete and later on with the updates the system was more hole and a really good OS. For me on my passport with the last update of 10.3.2, it was a fantastic OS. Had all the features you wanted, was extremely fast, you could multitask like it was going out of style, it was just a fantastic build. This is the build they should have released bb10 with when it first came out.

When I switched to the android system and the PRIV it was the same thing. They came out with the bbry features and they were half baked. Hub was not fully complete as well as calendar and task apps. Now with the latest updates it really is a fantastic phone. From the hub to the camera all the other apps they have. This is how they should have released the PRIV as.

What I'm trying to get at is if they actually released their products "fully complete" I believe more people will have enjoyed the products. People that I have showed the PRIV too at fist were not entirely impressed but now with the new updates they can't believe how well rounded the device is. I just hope, the Dtek70 or whatever they call it will come as a full package because that will be the phone all bbry fans will love and will attract people that like a physical keyboard.
    I agree with this. This is common with releasing new software. Happens to Microsoft with various Windows releases, Google with Android, and many other companies. However BlackBerry is not in a position where they can afford to mess up a launch. Their products need be complete and impressive from day one.
    11-08-16 09:57 AM
    Managing notifications, emails, files...even photos. It's all so much easier and more fluid on BB10. I'm enjoying parts of my time with the Priv, and the form factor is great, but it feels like a car with a body glued to it, a spoiler pasted on, nothing feels as though it was designed with a cohesive plan in mind, just adding things as it grows. BB10 feels very deliberate, and that's why it's the best OS.

Posted via CB10
    I can't argue that. BB10 was well thought out at the initial stages. The execution was rough at the beginning, but it was a great platform to build on. Unfortunately the market doesn't see what we see (or just doesn't care) .
    11-08-16 10:00 AM

A Priv, what else. And a Xiaomi is laying around as well.

Now go watch youtube or whatever videostream in Chrome, and try to send an BBM while the stream keeps running.

Don't think so.

If you manage to do it I'm happy to learn how you did it.
    12-12-16 02:15 AM
360 ... 56789 ...