Android 6.0 has direct sharing now.
    Android has always had it.
    10-29-16 11:34 AM
    Okay, but my point is that in cascades, this is consistent, on android, it's found in a different place in every app, if at all.

But what about the rest of what I wrote? Address that? It's more important.

Posted via CB10
    berrydroid likes this.
    10-29-16 11:39 AM
    Okay, but my point is that in cascades, this is consistent, on android, it's found in a different place in every app, if at all.

But what about the rest of what I wrote? Address that? It's more important.

Posted via CB10
    Android has it's own version of Cascades, it's called Material Design (the name has changed across various implementations, but at the moment I don't recall what the previous iterations were called). Which isn't much more than a library of UI elements and guidelines for app developers to use and follow to keep the UI across apps consistent. The problem is whether an app developer chooses to follow the guidelines or use the provided libraries. Typically though, most app developers do.

As for the rest of what you wrote, I edited my response within my earlier reply because you had added it while I was replying to what you initially wrote.
    Ronindan and stlabrat like this.
    10-29-16 11:48 AM
    Notifications are just fine on Android and iOS. I have BB10 as well. Once you get proficient with an OS you can do things quickly. Look at BBOS. After years of experience, constant use and memorization of short cuts, one can get very fast.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-16 11:50 AM
    Sharing from Dropbox to a text message is easy. Just choose Export instead of Share, then choose the app you're looking to send it to.

Sharing IS built into Android. The hassle is with the way Dropbox designed their app for Android. Instead of utilizing the built in share function to share the file itself (like every other app developer does), they specifically chose to use the built in share function to only share the link to the location. Why? I dunno, maybe because Dropbox wants to generate traffic to their service. But that's on Dropbox, not Android.

In Android all you need do is drag down from the top of the screen, instantly see what kind of notification it is and who it's from, then drag it back up, all in one motion without lifting your finger/thumb.
    True. You can also share from Google Drive to SMS. Select the files from in Drive , then choose 'send a copy', select the app you want.

Google Drive is also integrated into Gmail app. You can choose 'insert file from Drive' when composing an email.

It takes no effort to share from cloud on Android.
    TgeekB likes this.
    10-29-16 05:38 PM
    Having used both, and even been tortured by a couple android tablets, BB10 wins by a landslide, no need to look back. Depends on what people do with their phones, I guess.
    berrydroid likes this.
    10-29-16 05:51 PM
    If Android users gave BB10 a try for long enough to get comfortable, they'd hate Android too.

Sharing is not built into the OS. Do you know what a hassle it is to share a photo from Dropbox to a text message? It's a major hassle. These inconveniences are everywhere.

Honestly, imo, it's not Hub that is BB10's greatest asset, it's Cascades, and the systemwide integration of basic functions and file system.

That and the speed of navigating the operating system. I'm able to do anything very quickly and simply. The ability for me to notice I have a notification while typing this, check what kind it is with a half swipe up, oh it's an email, then swipe right while still holding to see who it's from, oh not important this second, and without lifting my finger, return to CB10 without ever having closed the app or switched apps, and finishing this sentence, all within less than a few seconds...well that's the true power of BB10. Nothing is ever interrupted, but I have whatever information I want immediately.

It's amazing, truly amazing. I wish more people could see that.

Posted via CB10
    Try changing things. I have Dropbox integrated into my file manager with the share button available in a toolbar as well as long press; and as far as incoming notifications I can view sender/type and decide whether to act without leaving an app just by swiping down the notification shade. There's also toast notifications but those can get downright annoying. With BB10 it's swipe up and right to view, Android it's swipe down. A major difference is Android includes some basic options and shortcuts within the shade so users can act without leaving apps.

Why do so many on CrackBerry think Android is a bad OS?-screenshot_2016-10-29-20-17-10.jpg
    10-29-16 08:21 PM
    This is really a notable point. Somehow, I agree with your point.
    10-29-16 09:30 PM
    Android is best in general! And most used OS, no doubt about that! Only a few people, probably iPhone Fans hate Android! That doesn't matter! :-)
    you confuse the quantity with the quality. most used does not equal to best.
    driod was free and user configurable... that suit to the some needs, but not optimized for many application.. it was wide west google experiment worked.. but need many treak to get it better - that is possibly why google start to make their own handset.. (wouldn't be surprise to see a close system down to the road for better scurity and performance...once the handset sort of worked).
    Last edited by stlabrat; 10-31-16 at 07:42 AM.
    10-30-16 01:07 PM
    If Android users gave BB10 a try for long enough to get comfortable, they'd hate Android too.

Sharing is not built into the OS. Do you know what a hassle it is to share a photo from Dropbox to a text message? It's a major hassle. These inconveniences are everywhere.

Honestly, imo, it's not Hub that is BB10's greatest asset, it's Cascades, and the systemwide integration of basic functions and file system.

That and the speed of navigating the operating system. I'm able to do anything very quickly and simply. The ability for me to notice I have a notification while typing this, check what kind it is with a half swipe up, oh it's an email, then swipe right while still holding to see who it's from, oh not important this second, and without lifting my finger, return to CB10 without ever having closed the app or switched apps, and finishing this sentence, all within less than a few seconds...well that's the true power of BB10. Nothing is ever interrupted, but I have whatever information I want immediately.

It's amazing, truly amazing. I wish more people could see that.

Posted via CB10
    You seemed to have never used an Android phone because you have no idea on what you can and can't do with Android. I always find it hilarious that BB10 users think they are the only ones that can do something with their phones when Android and iOS can do the exact same thing.

What you wrote is like saying "BBM is the best messaging service because it's the only one that's secure" (which is being said because you've most likely never used another service). Which, is false, and unless you're paying for BBM protected you are getting less security than far more popular messaging services.
    Last edited by donnation; 10-30-16 at 05:31 PM.
    Ronindan, Bbnivende and werkregen like this.
    10-30-16 03:36 PM
    because they never tried it...
    10-30-16 04:53 PM
    Not if it's disabled. The change is now "on by default" for new accounts, existing accounts need to check here and decide if they want it active; if it's not enabled no worries, if it is just make sure it's disabled (paused).

Not the greatest move in my opinion but at least it's an option we can still control. If that changes, then it may be time to assess a new non-Google device.
    I'm with you on that one... ^
    Just shows the general direction they wanna take it... :-(

�   "BB10 dead?" - "Let's dance the Danse MacaBBRY! ... or is it..?" ;-D   �
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    10-30-16 07:35 PM
    What's odd is that many in here that proclaim they don't like it and won't budge from BB10 are the same people that are astonished that those who love Android won't give BB10 a shot.
    10-30-16 08:04 PM
    What is your choice?
    I understand that you will need to pick a new OS sooner than later.
    True. I figure that I have another year left with my Z30. What will I choose? Likely iOS or Windows (yeah, snigger at that, I do). Android / Blandroid is a non-option for me as I really dislike that OS. I like the direction MS is trying to take but I won't jump on a Win phone until I see the long term commitment. Otherwise, iOS will be the compromise I need to make. But to my point, iOS is a compromise I am willing to make, Android is not. For others Android is their compromise and iOS is not. The bottom line is that one has to be able to find something to feel good about a purchase, especially one so expensive as a phone.
    TgeekB likes this.
    10-31-16 08:27 AM
    You seemed to have never used an Android phone because you have no idea on what you can and can't do with Android. I always find it hilarious that BB10 users think they are the only ones that can do something with their phones when Android and iOS can do the exact same thing.
    So how is it done? I have an Android and I don't know how to do everything that was written with two slides of my finger without lifting it. Teach me.
    10-31-16 08:32 AM
    What's odd is that many in here that proclaim they don't like it and won't budge from BB10 are the same people that are astonished that those who love Android won't give BB10 a shot.
    That reads like a whinge. Android is not for everyone.

��� вℓα�квєяяу ραѕѕρσят ѕιℓνєя є∂ιтιση ���
    10-31-16 08:42 AM

••• вℓα�квєяяу ραѕѕρσят ѕιℓνєя є∂ιтιση •••
    Try reading it as an observation. When people complain nobody wants to move to BB10 and can't understand why, yet can't bring themselves to move a different OS, it gets noticed. It's the surprised reactions and/or lack of sympathy and understanding that's being referred to, not an actual switch.
    JeepBB, TgeekB and johnny_bravo72 like this.
    10-31-16 08:58 AM
    Try reading it as an observation. When people complain nobody wants to move to BB10 and can't understand why, yet can't bring themselves to move a different OS, it gets noticed. It's the surprised reactions and/or lack of sympathy and understanding that's being referred to, not an actual switch.
    Why should I show sympathy to an Android user? They've made their beds and now have to lie down in it.

��� вℓα�квєяяу ραѕѕρσят ѕιℓνєя є∂ιтιση ���
    10-31-16 09:40 AM
    Why should I show sympathy to an Android user? They've made their beds and now have to lie down in it.

What were the two words following "sympathy"?
    10-31-16 09:46 AM
    True. I figure that I have another year left with my Z30. What will I choose? Likely iOS or Windows (yeah, snigger at that, I do). Android / Blandroid is a non-option for me as I really dislike that OS. I like the direction MS is trying to take but I won't jump on a Win phone until I see the long term commitment. Otherwise, iOS will be the compromise I need to make. But to my point, iOS is a compromise I am willing to make, Android is not. For others Android is their compromise and iOS is not. The bottom line is that one has to be able to find something to feel good about a purchase, especially one so expensive as a phone.
    The duopoly is a fact. Don't fight it. MS WP is a waste of time, delaying the inevitable. Maybe something will change with next generation of Surface phones but current offerings would be like moving to BBOS7 six months before the BB10 rollout. Either IOS or Android is fine with me. I use both for mobile devices. I don't have the money, time or patience to waste on an inefficient ecosystem. I resisted using Apps until my clients demanded the ability to use them with or without my support. I have to pay for the basics, like food, shelter and my kids' school. When my cash flow was impacted, my preferences had to be adjusted. IOS makes a lot of sense for a lot of people... I had to give up BB10 when the Android ports wouldn't load properly and give error messages because of higher level ART.
    10-31-16 09:54 AM

I'm not saying its for everyone, and how you took that out of what I said is puzzling. Many BB10 users like yourself seem to think that Android users are miserable using their choice of OS. News flash, many Android users love the OS and have no desire to move to BB10, the same way you have no desire to move to Android. Why that's so hard for some like you to grasp is what's odd.
    10-31-16 10:45 AM
    The duopoly is a fact. Don't fight it. MS WP is a waste of time, delaying the inevitable. Maybe something will change with next generation of Surface phones but current offerings would be like moving to BBOS7 six months before the BB10 rollout.
    I agree with this however, if I am able to wait long enough to see if their long term commitment is true - similar to how they launched the XBOX, stuck with years of losses until they got it right and began to claim market share). I like the idea of one OS for everything and the potential for easy links between all Win10 devices. That being said, I can only wait so long and iOS might be the way to go. Time will tell.
    10-31-16 09:41 PM
    Is Android bad? Yes it is in the context of being a Blackberry.

So the usage is quite okay. Only thing I miss it still can't multitask. When streaming a sportsgame a BBM of an also watching friend comes in, answering it will stop the stream. Just annoying, as you could multitask on OS10.

However by definition you are driven into the hands of data collector google. Really, BB updates only via playstore, no BB World option. Bye bye Privacy. I can't comment on Android security and vulnerability vs OS10.

The other thing that sets me off on Android is the way the programs are toyed together. It is like buying a car with 3 wheel and the cylinders of the engine missing. I mean things like a text program, internet browser, file browser should be native programs. Not so on Android. Pick from a zillion suppliers, textra vs yaata vs whatever, habit vs naked vs polarity vs ff vs chrome all great choices. All great to end up with still no seamless operating hub eg. Apart from the fact you are "paying" extra for basics either with more personal data or money for stuff that should be in on the first place.

Tuning a car with spoilers and bullbars is fine. So no complains wa, fb and other non essential stuff is to be added by yourself.

So to me Android is bad. In the Blackberry context even more.

Is it better than OP referred iOS? Probably. At least with some effort involved you can change things in Android to your liking. If Blackberry would offer its updates via a Blackberry native channel at least Privacy can be regained which make the usage quite acceptable again.

My 2 cents.
    berrydroid likes this.
    11-01-16 04:14 AM
    Is Android bad? Yes it is in the context of being a Blackberry.

So the usage is quite okay. Only thing I miss it still can't multitask. When streaming a sportsgame a BBM of an also watching friend comes in, answering it will stop the stream. Just annoying, as you could multitask on OS10.

However by definition you are driven into the hands of data collector google. Really, BB updates only via playstore, no BB World option. Bye bye Privacy. I can't comment on Android security and vulnerability vs OS10.
    One thing I will sorely miss in moving away from BB10 native apps is the control over app permissions. It's a great security feature to be able to deny an app access to my location, or contacts, or BBM, etc, when those permissions have nothing to do with the functionality of the app itself. With the other OS options out there there is no option for the user to deny an app a particular permission (to my knowledge anyway). Mobile phones are now massive data collectors for everyone from law enforcement down to the lonely flashlight app coder and that is a shame. For those that haven't, go read George Orwell's novel 1984. Every year we move closer to that scary vision and we do it so willingly.
    11-01-16 07:41 AM
    One thing I will sorely miss in moving away from BB10 native apps is the control over app permissions. It's a great security feature to be able to deny an app access to my location, or contacts, or BBM, etc, when those permissions have nothing to do with the functionality of the app itself. With the other OS options out there there is no option for the user to deny an app a particular permission (to my knowledge anyway). Mobile phones are now massive data collectors for everyone from law enforcement down to the lonely flashlight app coder and that is a shame. For those that haven't, go read George Orwell's novel 1984. Every year we move closer to that scary vision and we do it so willingly.
    You can deny app permissions in Android MM... but just like with BB10 if that permission is a requirement for the app to function, it won't work.

I'd be more worried about Skynet coming online than some authoritarian regime that knows all.
    11-01-16 08:15 AM
360 ... 45678 ...