Some fans are indeed living in denial if they can only digest the negative reads. I'm almost certain I addressed that in my previous posts. But, if we have to follow your idea of what counts as a legitimate post - BBOS and BB10 never stood a chance at making any headway into the masses, iOS is somewhat decent, Android isn't all that bad, and Windows has the best chance at being the top OS. Because some people had a less than stellar experience or they're nitpicking to prove their point. If it's not currently on the market or it has to be searched out in order to purchase, it's no longer a viable example. If you don't want to like Android, don't. But spreading misconceptions is something I take issue with, whether it be Android, BB10, iOS, Windows, Linux, or what have you.

I'm not saying there is no lag at all, ever, which is what you're inferring, I'm correcting your statement that all Android devices lag all the time. See the difference? Since my Android is zippy and lag free most of the time, I determine it to not be laggy. Android also doesn't suffer from a slowdown from age - you're only hearing from the people that actually have that problem. Android 5.0 having issues is just the same as the iPhone 4's antenna problem - it doesn't speak for the platform overall, only people trying to spread FUD would assume it does.
    I never said that BB10 was the right road for Blackberry. Despite not being fan of Android, I've always supported Blackberry going Android, because BB10, as good as it was, didn't have developer support, and people weren't buying. The passport was a great last "hurrah" for BB10, but it didn't sell enough

Blackberry is in the right path to be profitable, and as much as I don't like the new strategy as a old school Blackberry consumer, I know this outsource of software and hardware is the only way Blackberry can survive.

Android also doesn't suffer from a slowdown from age
    Every complex OS suffers slowdown from age. I'm not hearing from anybody, I'm experiencing it first hand in my priv. You could feel the OS getting older in BB10 too. Even iOS can become more sluggish with time
    10-22-16 02:57 PM
    i am not software engineer and far from it. the discussion is very interesting. Correct me if I am wrong please: based on my limited understanding of lag problem of "OS", it may also contributed due to hardware software integration. Java for example, as default, carrying sufficient overhead due to its design compare to other language (my info might be old, based on way back in the Sun's day), any script language carries extra overhead for memory or others, that will impact performance. Many tasks, especially, the common tasks (defined by user - self learning process for example by design), can be speed up by look up table. that will resolve some of the lag problem, but required initial setting to be correct for LUT, if you get into complex issue that is not covered with "exception", you could experience lag, or worse, hang. My understanding of swift (apple new language), did provide many pre-programed LUT like instruction, that optimize the performance (from what i heard, re-write the old program using swift would improve performance a lot - if not significant in terms of both speed/performance and memory storage, clean up the code great deal). That possibly help 3rd party app developer not fall into the speed trap-i could be wrong... UI issues as already discussed, set up priority based on the OS perference could be an impact. insufficient RAM, based on my understanding contributed a lot to the performance issues, BB10 included. 9982 out perform Z10 by a yard due to extra RAM I guess. low battery and background runing app that poorly defined default all contributed to the lag. (remember the warning keep pop up for insufficeint xyz every few second with flashy color usually drive user to to nuts and drain battery and impact performance a lot when you have low signal... especially, you are between few cell towers... the handset could go nuts try to determine which one to connect and taggot between them non-stop). - BB10 para antenna can help to minimize some of that...Memory leak (old, aging i guess what is like to call it) required "self cleaning", that when you deal with arm and leg lenth of software to the hardware group, you might end up finger pointing as who would be responsible for as we saw in the early droid days (my perception might be ancient... at least 4 years back... at least 3 generation older hardware)... OEM skin and carrier bloat ware always runing at background.. etc. etc.
    beef up hardware will mask the problem, but not resolve it at root cause - add more process power, more momery... flashy spec mask the insufficient utilization of the overall design - including software and hardware at handset level. as for backward compatibility, it would be a very difficult call. however, if you have control both hardware and software, as long as you provide sufficient set of key utility and app, (possibly wechat, but not pokemon), user might be accept the change. In addition, the willingness to pay for the high end of hardware in droid field - hate to say, are limited (% wise) compare to Apple. Majority of the users in the droid world are mid range. the performance expectation are the same for both driod and apple, but price differential of the high end and mid range would be more sensitive for the driod user group... check market survey of recent droid smart phone shipping history will tell you the story... in short, lag are there, more so in driod IMHO... the flashy spec will mask it to some extend. to solve that, may need more effort and integration. Hopefully, AD-pixel (look like pixel didn't got leap bound performance improvement based on the review..)address root cause... or next BB handset? (I know, wishful thinking, dilutional, etc.etc. hide under my desk now... stop shooting the darts).
    10-22-16 09:38 PM
    I never said that BB10 was the right road for Blackberry. Despite not being fan of Android, I've always supported Blackberry going Android, because BB10, as good as it was, didn't have developer support, and people weren't buying. The passport was a great last "hurrah" for BB10, but it didn't sell enough

Blackberry is in the right path to be profitable, and as much as I don't like the new strategy as a old school Blackberry consumer, I know this outsource of software and hardware is the only way Blackberry can survive.

Every complex OS suffers slowdown from age. I'm not hearing from anybody, I'm experiencing it first hand in my priv. You could feel the OS getting older in BB10 too. Even iOS can become more sluggish with time
    I'm not exactly thrilled about it either (I think you meant "Android" in that first sentence). BB10 is an excellent OS, has quite a few strengths, and yes, many weaknesses. When I talk about BB10 to other people that have preconceived notions of BlackBerry devices and don't truly know its good and bad points, I make a point to dispel those notions instead of letting them be reinforced, just as I've been trying to do here. I wasn't jumping at the chance to upgrade to an Android device because of BB10's strengths; however, with the Z30 being two years old at the time and no full screen option on Verizon choices had to be made. I kept an open mind though, and was pleased to find out almost all the scary things I'd read about, like being lag monsters, weren't actually true - I discovered Android had an answer for the weaknesses and not just the app gap. After a year and a half, things are still going great, and there hasn't been any slowdown most likely because being a crackberry addict at heart I'm not afraid of doing a bit of maintenance here and there - business as usual for the last eight years. I personally don't put much stock in anyone saying they've never had an issue ever who's also claiming they've never had to do anything (occasional reboots count as maintenance) other than use their device day in and day out - not possible with a complex OS, as you said.
    10-22-16 10:29 PM
    Now we have previously anonymized double-click cookies merged with our real Google related activities, such as Gmail, YouTube and G+...

Opt-out, yeah...

Thanks, Larry + Sergey, ... I guess you'll be doing fine! :-D

�   "BB10 dead?" - "Let's dance the Danse MacaBBRY! ... or is it..?" ;-D   �
    10-23-16 02:46 AM
    Now we have previously anonymized double-click cookies merged with our real Google related activities, such as Gmail, YouTube and G+...

Opt-out, yeah...

Thanks, Larry + Sergey, ... I guess you'll be doing fine! :-D

•   "BB10 dead?" - "Let's dance the Danse MacaBBRY! ... or is it..?" ;-D   •
    Not if it's disabled. The change is now "on by default" for new accounts, existing accounts need to check here and decide if they want it active; if it's not enabled no worries, if it is just make sure it's disabled (paused).

Not the greatest move in my opinion but at least it's an option we can still control. If that changes, then it may be time to assess a new non-Google device.
    TgeekB and DrBoomBotz like this.
    10-23-16 05:50 AM
    You might want to check your own facts. Her servers were never hacked (at least, there's zero evidence to prove contrary). The servers that got hacked were those used by the DNC members, not Hillary's. And the emails stolen weren't tied to Hillary's email chains, but instead were emails of those that worked with/for/around her.

Additionally, the 33k emails mentioned by ALToronto is mis-referenced as well. There weren't 33k emails stolen after a hack. The 33k number references those emails that were deleted, and nobody knows what they entailed as they haven't been recovered because the emails were scrubbed.
    I stand corrected - but this incident shows that the security of any one device isn't a guarantee of overall security. My personal information is in the hands of hackers because a business associate's Gmail account was hacked.

As for the 33K emails - I thought WikiLeaks had them?

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    10-23-16 07:43 AM
    Once you get proficient with a phone OS you tend to forget why you liked another OS. If find Android to be excellent. I do like the settings menu on BB10 and IOS better but this is not a big deal. I like the BlackBerry suite on Android . I dislike Safari for the tiny font but like the IOS camera app the best.
    10-23-16 08:16 AM
    I've only really know Lollipop and Marshmallow. Certainly the BB implementation of Marshmallow is ok. With the most recent BB apps it even feels a lot like BB10 except with some advertising thrown into some of the apps. I think a lot of people are a little grumpy about BB10 and BBOS being put on the side lines. I can't blame them, I wasn't too happy about having to learn a new OS when I bought a Priv.
    10-25-16 10:19 AM
    Once you get proficient with a phone OS you tend to forget why you liked another OS. If find Android to be excellent. I do like the settings menu on BB10 and IOS better but this is not a big deal. I like the BlackBerry suite on Android . I dislike Safari for the tiny font but like the IOS camera app the best.
    I've learned a lot about Android over the last six months... really like how much you can customize it, and apps like TASKER really put a lot of power at your fingertips. Too Moto has a number of really great features that automate my usage.

And I too have kinda forgotten some of what I think made BB10 "special".

That said I've used my Wife's phone a little as I helped her transition from iPhone 6 to iPhone 7 (at no extra cost - thanks Verizon). I don't see the customizations, the power tools. But what I see is a simple, easy to "get" and STABLE platform.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    10-25-16 10:31 AM
    I wouldn't go pixel, I would go samsung if you can get a model with Exynos processor. We all know how power hungry Android is, and Exynos are more powerfull, and use less energy.

I would wait for galaxy S8, the pixel is nothing to write about. Snapdragon 821 is just a overclock on 820, 10% extra performance. Has no SD-card slot, no waterproof, and the design is quite poor. Despite Google's claims that pixels has "the best camera", in the only comparison I've seen by SafTV, the camera of the pxiel is no better than S7, the S7 is quite superior in low light
    I'm looking over the DTEK60 specs now and it's looking good (3000 battery) and fairly priced at $500. Not sure I can wait for the S8. Thanks for your reply and suggestions!
    10-25-16 08:47 PM
    Because we are stuck in a time that we don't want to let go of. We bash everything new that comes out so we can make ourselves feel better, when in reality, we've fallen behind quite alot.
    thurask, TgeekB, MikeX74 and 1 others like this.
    10-26-16 09:45 AM
    Because we are stuck in a time that we don't want to let go of. We bash everything new that comes out so we can make ourselves feel better, when in reality, we've fallen behind quite alot.
    Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis
    10-26-16 09:50 AM
    Personally I dont like Android way of navigation.. I've tried to be with Android but I could not stand an Android device for more than 10 minutes because of its design, navigation.. etc.. But seems Android will lead the way. BB10 is great but everyone can see that is almost 'dead', nothing new is coming for the OS, no/late updates, no new 3rd party softwares, no updates for 3rd party softwares... That's sad
    10-26-16 11:27 AM
    Because of the BlackBerry inferiority complex. Android has navigation buttons and a good browser. iOS has facetime, a great app store, ecosystem, icloud but a lousy browser and no file management.
    10-27-16 10:22 PM
    OK, so I asked the question about why apple is so successful and that thread is still running with lots of interesting input, but now a new question which keeps popping up, why is android so bad?? A lot of us BB10 users are being told that iOS is so much better and secure etc that on these forums we are pushing people away from the DTEKS and Privs.. should we died hard blackberry persons not be embracing the android blackberry????

Posted via CB10
    I would rather embrace a rock.
    10-28-16 12:01 AM
    Don't worry OP. It's just whiners that refuse to adapt to change..
    10-28-16 12:13 AM
    Don't worry OP. It's just whiners that refuse to adapt to change..
    I don't think that you understand that adapting to change does not have to mean compromising with a product that does not meet the expectations of the user.
    10-28-16 11:22 AM
    I don't think that you understand that adapting to change does not have to mean compromising with a product that does not meet the expectations of the user.
    What is your choice?
    10-28-16 07:04 PM
    I understand that you will need to pick a new OS sooner than later.
    10-28-16 10:36 PM
    First of all the battery is horrible and unpredictable. The features are cluttered and there are so many useless stuff going on at the same time. All that drains your battery. Touchscreen keyboards are horrible. Cant stand the inaccuracy.

Posted via CB10
    ominaxe likes this.
    10-28-16 11:47 PM
    Android is best in general! And most used OS, no doubt about that! Only a few people, probably iPhone Fans hate Android! That doesn't matter! :-)
    10-29-16 12:23 AM
    Mainly because it's not BlackBerry OS no matter how BlackBerry attempts to make the experience BlackBerry like with android at the end of the day you won't have BlackBerry OS.

Why do so many on CrackBerry think Android is a bad OS?-facebook-20150227-143057.png

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport 
    Alain_A likes this.
    10-29-16 10:45 AM
    If Android users gave BB10 a try for long enough to get comfortable, they'd hate Android too.

Sharing is not built into the OS. Do you know what a hassle it is to share a photo from Dropbox to a text message? It's a major hassle. These inconveniences are everywhere.

Honestly, imo, it's not Hub that is BB10's greatest asset, it's Cascades, and the systemwide integration of basic functions and file system.

That and the speed of navigating the operating system. I'm able to do anything very quickly and simply. The ability for me to notice I have a notification while typing this, check what kind it is with a half swipe up, oh it's an email, then swipe right while still holding to see who it's from, oh not important this second, and without lifting my finger, return to CB10 without ever having closed the app or switched apps, and finishing this sentence, all within less than a few seconds...well that's the true power of BB10. Nothing is ever interrupted, but I have whatever information I want immediately.

It's amazing, truly amazing. I wish more people could see that.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-16 11:09 AM
    If Android users gave BB10 a try for long enough to get comfortable, they'd hate Android too.

Sharing is not built into the OS. Do you know what a hassle it is to share a photo from Dropbox to a text message? It's a major hassle. These inconveniences are everywhere.

Honestly, imo, it's not Hub that is BB10's greatest asset, it's Cascades, and the systemwide integration of basic functions and file system.

Posted via CB10
    Sharing from Dropbox to a text message is easy. Just choose Export instead of Share, then choose the app you're looking to send it to.

Sharing IS built into Android. The hassle is with the way Dropbox designed their app for Android. Instead of utilizing the built in share function to share the file itself (like every other app developer does), they specifically chose to use the built in share function to only share the link to the location. Why? I dunno, maybe because Dropbox wants to generate traffic to their service. But that's on Dropbox, not Android.

That and the speed of navigating the operating system. I'm able to do anything very quickly and simply. The ability for me to notice I have a notification while typing this, check what kind it is with a half swipe up, oh it's an email, then swipe right while still holding to see who it's from, oh not important this second, and without lifting my finger, return to CB10 without ever having closed the app or switched apps, and finishing this sentence, all within less than a few seconds...well that's the true power of BB10. Nothing is ever interrupted, but I have whatever information I want immediately.
    In Android all you need do is drag down from the top of the screen, instantly see what kind of notification it is and who it's from, then drag it back up, all in one motion without lifting your finger/thumb.
    TgeekB likes this.
    10-29-16 11:27 AM

It's amazing, truly amazing. I wish more people could see that.

Posted via CB10
    Android 6.0 has direct sharing now. Why do so many on CrackBerry think Android is a bad OS?-screenshot_20161029-122726.png
    10-29-16 11:28 AM
360 ... 34567 ...