Just don't like giving all the permissions to run an app,and then there is Google, the evil of the world, as per Mr. Snowden

Posted via CB10
    10-20-16 11:32 AM
    I think many here are just closed minded fan boys who refuse to learn something new.

Android works fine and even more customizable than BB10. If you set up Android to work in a way to fit your needs, it's very efficient.

I do like the swipe up for home and app tiles of BB10 for multi tasking though. It's a little better than the recents button of Android as that one lists even closed apps.
    Thud Hardsmack and TGIS like this.
    10-20-16 11:39 AM
    Sunk cost fallacy?
    10-20-16 11:46 AM
    I have an android phone and a passport. I only use my Xiaomi phone for a game (final fantasy exvius brave wouhou!), and youtube.
    I like android, for multimedia it's really good. Photos, videos... but it's less intuitive, there is a lot of updates (too much), and we, more or less cannot choose to validate or not, the permissions.
    And user experience in BB10 is more enjoyable.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-16 12:03 PM
    Oo, I played brave exvius for a while. Stopped last month because it was taking long to open a new island. I had a good team.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport SE
    10-20-16 01:15 PM
    I love Android and it just keeps getting better. Don't really miss bb10 much.

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    10-20-16 05:00 PM
    OK, so I asked the question about why apple is so successful and that thread is still running with lots of interesting input, but now a new question which keeps popping up, why is android so bad?? A lot of us BB10 users are being told that iOS is so much better and secure etc that on these forums we are pushing people away from the DTEKS and Privs.. should we died hard blackberry persons not be embracing the android blackberry????

Posted via CB10
    Well, it depends. The OS itself is kinda rubish... that Java thing doesn't work very well, and has terrible RAM management. You take operative systems like BB10, Windows Phone, and iOS, ALL of them, every single one runs much smoother than Android does, especially with lower end hardware.

Android is a poorly coded OS, simple as that.

With that, Android has an OUTSTANDING developer and comunity support. Everything exists on Android, everything works on Android. And has a owner (google) full of cash.
    10-20-16 10:25 PM
    Android itself isn't a bad OS.

Only the real purpose for it is bad - Google gives a good operating system to phone makers for 'free' and harvests & trades all of the personal data it's end user.
    They collect everything - sure, some data is used to improve Google's service and programs. But collecting that amount of a persons data is just insane!

And even if BlackBerry claims that Android-Berrys are that private and secure - this 'only' means against hackers and viruses etc.
    Google itself still trades all the data for money.
    Even if you are able to block app access with new Android versions, you still don't know where Google sells the data to?

Posted via CB10
    And really that's all it boils down to for me..... Enough said... end of story... Won't ever run an android phone *shrugs*
    Slash82 and si001 like this.
    10-21-16 12:01 AM
    Hilary Clinton's 33,000 emails that she kept on her private BlackBerry have been hacked and stolen.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    LOL.... Check your facts...... The mail server she had illegally hosted in her house was hacked... Not her phone.
    anon(3732391) and zephyr613 like this.
    10-21-16 12:04 AM
    * BlackBerry OS10 is no doubt far better secure OS than Android 6.1
    *Even BB CEO admitted that Android 7 will have BB10 level of security (if he has any face value)
    *BB10 OS have more out of box features than Android who needs Apps for almost everything,
    *BlackBerry 10 OS no doubt was a good alternate to Android, Windows and iOS.
    *The BB Android devices are not so premium grade devices compare to old BB 10 devices (minus last two BB10 releases)
    *We already have so many Android options available in market at even better priced, BB Android phones are sub par devices in terms of hardware specification,
    *Expansive BB Android phones,
    *Privacy on Android is Myth !
    *BB Android missing HUB of BB10 quality,
    *BB Android productivity is far lesser than BB10.
    *BB10 handles multiple mail clients and documents very nicely without and 3rd party App.
    Last edited by Fool Guy; 10-21-16 at 01:10 AM.
    stlabrat likes this.
    10-21-16 12:58 AM
    And really that's all it boils down to for me..... Enough said... end of story... Won't ever run an android phone *shrugs*
    Thanks buddy!
    I think where to head in the future (with that in mind) is not easy to say.

It's sure to say that OS10 is 'dead' when it comes to any kind of apps or social media.
    If you mainly use it only for E-mail, BBM and web browsing, you are good to stay with it - if it should go any way beyond that, not that much to expect.

What is left: the decision between Android or iOS.

Android seems to be more private when it comes to apps itself.
    But Android itself will trade anything about your person that brings a dollar.

iOS itself is almost as private and secure as BlackBerry10 is.
    The twist is within apps, they have way more access as you would want them to have and also Apple makes money out of that.

Biggest "data dealers" are: Google, Amazon, Apple and Facebook;

So what to chose?
    The more private OS or the more private one when it comes to apps?

Posted via CB10
    10-21-16 03:47 AM
    I haven't used Android for a few years now, but I didn't like how it felt to use. I hated the way notifications were handled by default, really spammy and naggy. Google are also untrustworthy imo, and it is hard to shake that perception. It also used to be the case that Android was very exploitable, the app store was garbage (back when I cared about apps this really put me off) and updates were delivered poorly.

iOS was always superior in my mind. Android fanboyism is usually propped up by the idea that more options, settings, and configuration is always a great thing, but I believed in the "less is more" philosophy when it came to mobile operating systems.

Today I like BB10 OS just because it feels pretty simple and isn't a hassle. I'm not sure what modern Android is like but I don't care, if I didn't have a Blackberry I'd probably just buy a throwaway phone. I only have a Blackberry because I like their premium phone designs (seems like everyone else just makes glass rectangles or iPhone derivatives) I wanted a keyboard, and I appreciate the philosophy towards security... these days they are so much cheaper too.
    10-21-16 05:04 AM
    It used to be like every other OSs are bad except the ones from BlackBerry.
    10-21-16 06:53 AM
    IMO, a lot of people hate Android more out of frustration the BB10 didn't take off the way most of us on here would have liked. We see how powerful the OS is right now and what COULD have been and the fact that BlackBerry waved the white flag and went Android rubs some the wrong way.

I have no problem with it as long as anything to keep BB in business is a good thing. I hope they make a ton of money on these phones. I really do.
    10-21-16 08:01 AM
    I bought a Samsung tablet to get used to using android. I hate it. Well hate is a strong word. I strongly dislike things about it.

I don't like the home button, back button and the open apps. It's annoying to imo. Makes jumping between apps frustrating. I took my email back off it The tab. Much easier to use on my z30.

I don't use a lot of social media apps so. I am stretch to find apps that I wanna use on it. In my honest opinion bb10 is by far a superior os. That being said I like that I can use the SD card to load everything on so saves the small amount of storage for the os.

Imo bb10 is a way more fluid and user friendly os. I find android cumbersome. And a bit backward thinking.

#luvmybb10os
    It's the same for me, I couldn't say it better, except I can go on and on about it... (Except I 'DO' HATE android!)
    -open apps
    -self-opening apps
    -self-installing apps
    -self-RE-installing apps
    -intrusive apps
    -spyware apps
    -unwanted undeletable apps
    -new, never seen before undeletable apps
    -apps that could be disabled before, but not now!
    -'sorry, da Goggle has stopped working' popups (like, what AM I supposed to do with that information?)
    -tablets that keep turning themselves back on when you're not looking(?)
    -pulling out of one's hair and throwing device at the wall.

As opposed to:
    --things open when you open them
    --they close when you close them
    --you can open something and leave it open while also doing something else
    --If you go to a nasty website that is trying to dump certificates on you, BlackBerry stops everything and tells you what is being attempted
    --no apps are running behind your back burning up your expensive data plan (except maybe some android apps that you accept at your own choice and can delete or disable as you wish)
    --does what you want and doesn't do what you don't want
    --never, ever, been hacked
    --totally awesome looking
    --mystify people who see you using it

BlackBerry: The Oasis from the Storm.
    stlabrat and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    10-21-16 08:05 AM
    I too have a Samsung tablet and went through the exact path you did and feel exactly the same about Android and why I "hate" it. The tablet is now web browsing and video watching device for me and nothing more. Even at that, I need a minimum of two browsers installed to be able to view any web page I want - my Z30 uses the stock browser and I have no issues. Android is also too clunky for my taste, not fluid at all. I swear it's design was based off of Win 3.1. It's what it feels like to me.

So OP, why am I not following BlackBerry along to its Android future? Because I use an Android device every day and I think it sucks and I don't see why I should have to spend my money on a product I already know that I won't enjoy.. just to support BlackBerry?! Nuts to that.
    This was my feeling as well when I was issued a Samsung for work. The contrast between that and my personal Z30 was extreme. While access to a wide variety of apps for business and and pleasure is an nice advantage, the Samsung is missing the fluid motion of BB10, and I still cannot get used to the physical home button. However, the PRIV experience has been somewhat different. I actually like it. Not as fluid as the Z30, but the virtual buttons, the Hub, the pull-down quick settings, the peek tab (whatever it's called) and other BlackBerry touches have made it quite usable and even enjoyable.

Q10  OS 10.3.1.2474  Z30
    10-21-16 08:49 AM
    There it is....
    Android is a poorly coded OS, simple as that.
    Pretty much what's to be expected for open source/freeware. Sure, Linux is overall wonderful, and we all know that Android is based on Linux. But it's a project by committee, created under conditions which don't insure consistency and interoperability, and (having experience with both BB10 on my Passport and BB Android on my wife's Priv) I can't help but notice how much more robust BB10 is, given that what I have on the Passport is half Android. Even further, I can't tell you the number of times the Android runtime or its services crash on my Passport. Admittedly, I don't see the same frequency of failure on the Priv, so maybe this is because the Android runtime is still something of a kludge, but were it not for the disdain that most people have for BlackBerry these days, I'd have to say that BB10 is the superior mobile platform.
    10-21-16 09:10 AM
    and i do nothing of the sort and I love mine. I email, text, post, take killer photos, open pdfs, create and edit documents etc on mine. Don't try and paint all android users with one broad brush. One can look very ignorant indeed when one does that
    Ouch! So harsh! I was just pointing out that different phones and OSs appeal to different people for different reasons. Android phones are geared towards people who like a lot of options with social media and other entertainment apps. No one said that that was bad, or that you can't do anything else with it. But lets be honest, people like me who don't use their phones for any of that are a minority. A very small minority.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-16 09:29 AM
    I tried Android phones twice now. Both times it was a miserable experience. Was the Android OS THAT bad? I think the problem is that we are familiar with a superior/more fluid OS that many have a hard time accepting (what they consider) and inferior OS. I wrote my experience with the Edge (touching on some OS stuff) on this thread before.

I really, really wanted the Edge to be my next phone. I might look into Google Pixel/Nexus next attempt, until then the outdated Z30 is still the best overall from my experience. I will do away with WhatsApp (cya). I don't need it, use FB messenger/ texting, same thing. But once all the VR tech kicks in high gear and I can't use most of the new things at some point. But the Priv with the physical keyboard which I have no use for and the Dtek clones of other phones, no thanks. If BB can just update the Z30.. and maintain a flagship phone (get all apps from Amazon/Play Store), but BB is so diversified and the base users not being able to let go of the physical keyboard (both made BB) and (killed it).
    10-21-16 09:38 AM
    I dislike Android for all of the reasons already given above. I have no problem with Android fans doing their thing but when one of them decides to berate me for using the wrong[sic] OS, my patience is exceeded.

The good parts of Android don't rock my boat, while the bad parts represent everything I am trying to avoid.

��� вℓα�квєяяу ραѕѕρσят ѕιℓνєя є∂ιтιση ���
    10-21-16 09:55 AM
    LOL.... Check your facts...... The mail server she had illegally hosted in her house was hacked... Not her phone.
    Considering, if you will, that the younger members have no idea what "just a" Phone was and the older members most likely still think the mail server is the person who actually delivers their mail to them. Let say it's close enough and call it a day!!

Fanatical..... Great handle!
    I'm delusional. Wonder if we're related!!
    10-21-16 11:05 AM
    I dislike Android for all of the reasons already given above. I have no problem with Android fans doing their thing but when one of them decides to berate me for using the wrong[sic] OS, my patience is exceeded.

The good parts of Android don't rock my boat, while the bad parts represent everything I am trying to avoid.

••• вℓα�квєяяу ραѕѕρσят ѕιℓνєя є∂ιтιση •••
    "For all the reasons already given" is kinda vague! I'm not sure if that's acceptable! JUDGES?????

They say "good call!" Carry on!
    10-21-16 11:10 AM
    I know that americans are mostly indifferent and insensitive to data privacy and personal rights (except to carry guns and safe reserves of raw materials in the whole world by using there own army), but if you ask an IT-Admin what Google wants to know and what algorithms can do with so called meta data, you wouldn�t ask WHY android is crap....
    10-21-16 11:24 AM
    You might want to check your own facts. Her servers were never hacked (at least, there's zero evidence to prove contrary). The servers that got hacked were those used by the DNC members, not Hillary's. And the emails stolen weren't tied to Hillary's email chains, but instead were emails of those that worked with/for/around her.

Additionally, the 33k emails mentioned by ALToronto is mis-referenced as well. There weren't 33k emails stolen after a hack. The 33k number references those emails that were deleted, and nobody knows what they entailed as they haven't been recovered because the emails were scrubbed.
    10-21-16 12:02 PM
    I know that americans are mostly indifferent and insensitive to data privacy and personal rights (except to carry guns and safe reserves of raw materials in the whole world by using there own army), but if you ask an IT-Admin what Google wants to know and what algorithms can do with so called meta data, you wouldn�t ask WHY android is crap....
    Really? You "know" all of that about Americans?
    10-21-16 12:29 PM
360 12345 ...