I wonder what Olivia Newton-John is using, it must be physical..
    07-25-15 03:12 PM
    I wonder what Olivia Newton-John is using, it must be physical..
    Let me hear your Berry talk...

Posted via CB10
    ZedMacahan likes this.
    07-25-15 03:27 PM
    From a CB piece about rock musician, columnist, and author Duff McKagan:

"I always loved writing, but I feel like I really started writing when I got my BlackBerry," said McKagan. "It was the first time I could take these crazy thoughts in my head and actually get them out. This little device became my journal on the road. Backstage and in hotel rooms all over the world, I typed and typed and typed."

"my Blackberry is the hub of my productivity. I have written probably 250,000 words on the BlackBerry. It's wild to think I've literally written two books with it, authored a ton of columns, and recorded vocal and guitar riffs that end up being huge parts of songs that we lay down at the studio. It keeps me organized and energized and secure that all of my information is genuinely safe and private."
    McKagan also touches on security and privacy of his BlackBerry as his wealth management firm is aimed at musicians, and he often has to deal with other people's financial information. Productivity is key as well for McKagan, noting his BlackBerry is a tuned instrument for what he needs to do.

"People in my family have an iPhone. For me, it's just impossible to type on it and be fluid," said McKagan. "It's kind of like trying to play this cheap guitar and not being able the finger the thing. That's what an iPhone is to me. My BlackBerry, meanwhile, is an instrument tuned for what I need to do."
    08-01-15 09:53 AM
    I have a Z30 and passport, and realistically I can type faster on the vkb than pkb. But I do appreciate the fact that I am more aware of my accuracy on the pkb. I always correct my mistakes on the Passport whereas the Z30 I would have sent the message w/o realizing I made the mistake, and then sending a follow up to correct my mistake. To each it's own I guess.
    08-02-15 05:12 PM
    I have a Z30 and passport, and realistically I can type faster on the vkb than pkb. But I do appreciate the fact that I am more aware of my accuracy on the pkb. I always correct my mistakes on the Passport whereas the Z30 I would have sent the message w/o realizing I made the mistake, and then sending a follow up to correct my mistake. To each it's own I guess.
    It's not about typing speed, it's about the speed of error free typing. After you correct all the mistakes, which keyboard is faster? For me, it's the Passport, thumbs down.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    08-03-15 09:06 AM
    A tactile experience is always welcomed. I await a new PP for its screen and PKB,i believe the combination is world class leading. I love my Z10, but the lack of a PKB as good as the software one is beginning to get to me, the PKB is hands down a way better experience whether or not the message is long or short.

Posted via CB10
    clickitykeys likes this.
    08-03-15 11:25 AM
    My niece ( 14 years old) just got a BB 10 Classic and she is in love with it.

  
    08-03-15 01:09 PM
    My niece ( 14 years old) just got a BB 10 Classic and she is in love with it.

  
    I'm curious: why did a teenager buck the iOS/Android bandwagon? Given peer-pressure, that seems a difficult choice.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-15 05:01 PM
    It's not about typing speed, it's about the speed of error free typing. After you correct all the mistakes, which keyboard is faster? For me, it's the Passport, thumbs down.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    It's weird for me to make the distinction some of you do.
    When I say that I write faster on a VKB, I obviously have to include the time I use to correct typos etc. Same applies to the PKB.
    How can you write faster, if every single word has a typo in it? That's not writing for me, that's mashing buttons and praying.

Anyhow, I can type faster on a virtual keyboard than on a PKB.
    I prefer tactile feedback though but at the same time, I have never written as slowly as on the Passport.
    The whole situation with no physical alt key and having to use a hybrid method of touchscreen and keyboard entries really annoyed me and slowed me down.
    Thus I learned, that I apparently need a 4 row physical keyboard, if I want to enjoy typing on keys.
    clickitykeys likes this.
    08-04-15 10:42 AM
    I'm curious: why did a teenager buck the iOS/Android bandwagon? Given peer-pressure, that seems a difficult choice.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe I am too authoritarian, but if you give your teenager the following choice: No smartphone, or a BlackBerry.

You really think that most teenagers wouldn't take the BlackBerry, just to have something akin to a smartphone, instead of getting no phone at all?
    08-04-15 10:43 AM
    It's weird for me to make the distinction some of you do.
    When I say that I write faster on a VKB, I obviously have to include the time I use to correct typos etc. Same applies to the PKB.
    How can you write faster, if every single word has a typo in it? That's not writing for me, that's mashing buttons and praying.

Anyhow, I can type faster on a virtual keyboard than on a PKB.
    I prefer tactile feedback though but at the same time, I have never written as slowly as on the Passport.
    The whole situation with no physical alt key and having to use a hybrid method of touchscreen and keyboard entries really annoyed me and slowed me down.
    Thus I learned, that I apparently need a 4 row physical keyboard, if I want to enjoy typing on keys.
    This is why I had pretty much zero interest in the Passport other than my usual curiosity about a new device. I never saw the point in the 3-row keyboard, it was an unnecessary compromise that really accomplished nothing.

Maybe I am too authoritarian, but if you give your teenager the following choice: No smartphone, or a BlackBerry.

You really think that most teenagers wouldn't take the BlackBerry, just to have something akin to a smartphone, instead of getting no phone at all?
    My daughter's 14, and yes, if I told her "BlackBerry or nothing" she'd take a BlackBerry. But I can't imagine forcing that choice on her. I give her a price range and some suggestions and she picks.

I see the occasional "I won't allow X device/platform in my house" post on here, and I cringe a bit and hope they're not married.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 11:57 AM
    Physical keyboard phones are much harder to hack than all touch screen ones.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 03:51 PM

What are you trying to do or express here...? :-)

�   BB10 -- Finger flickin' good... in any form factor!   �
    08-04-15 05:38 PM

Posted via CB10
    Kind of like what I did.

 Priv... cue the comeback!
    03-02-16 07:38 PM
    Because they don't do any work on their phones. No calls. Just endless tweeting and gram and facebooking..anything involving typing is pain on slabphone.

Passport SE
    03-02-16 07:46 PM
    Because they don't do any work on their phones. No calls. Just endless tweeting and gram and facebooking..anything involving typing is pain on slabphone.

Passport SE
    Yeah, that's not an old school way of thinking at all
    03-02-16 08:20 PM

Passport SE
    Last I checked, tweeting, "gramming," and "facebooking" involved typing.
    03-03-16 06:46 AM
    My daughter's 14, and yes, if I told her "BlackBerry or nothing" she'd take a BlackBerry. But I can't imagine forcing that choice on her. I give her a price range and some suggestions and she picks.
    My daughter demanded a device with PKB and it had to be in white, explicit didn't wanted a touch only, even that all her friends are using Apple and Android mobiles!
    (she put it like that: her friends hate Blackberry for what ever unknown reason)
    So what could I do, got here a white Blackberry Curve 8320 which she absolutely loves, actually missing now while I had a hard time to convince here to try and get use to a Q10 because of OS10 and BBM and just the more capabilities involved with OS10.
    In the beginning she used a skin but now is proud of the Black Q10.

Still after two years I still get this grim look from her about that she would rather have the Curve 8320 as a daily driver instead of the Q10 but would not give her Q10 out of hand, not for a Classic, nor any other Blackberry device, not to mention for any Apple or Google crap, and she could even had a Passport, nosy as she is, she nicking my Classic from time to time to play with it but definitely want to stick with the Q10 because of the smaller size.

In short she loves the PKB and using it incredibly fast.

Posted either via -Passport SQW100-1 or -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    Last edited by hobgoblin1961; 03-03-16 at 07:57 AM.
    03-03-16 07:43 AM
    I always find it funny when I see posts like "My kid chooses Blackberry" or my kid "won't use anything but a Blackberry."

Its pretty simple really, and nothing strange about it. If kids see their parents using a Blackberry and are conditioned to believe that a Blackberry is the best device (and this goes for any manufacturer), what device do you think they would choose to use. I don't think a 10 year old kid has the capacity to decide which smartphone is going to be best for them. Its so funny that people shout that in here like its some type of special circumstance that their child uses a Blackberry. I don't think there is a single thing wrong with it, but it isn't some random event that is occurring that can't be explained. i have a brother who has always used Android. Guess what his kids use? Its no coincidence or surprise that they are also using an Android phone. Anyway, just my thoughts on that but I do find it funny that its mentioned so often in here.
    TgeekB and JeepBB like this.
    03-03-16 08:03 AM
    I always find it funny when I see posts like "My kid chooses Blackberry" or my kid "won't use anything but a Blackberry."

Its pretty simple really, and nothing strange about it. If kids see their parents using a Blackberry and are conditioned to believe that a Blackberry is the best device (and this goes for any manufacturer), what device do you think they would choose to use. I don't think a 10 year old kid has the capacity to decide which smartphone is going to be best for them. Its so funny that people shout that in here like its some type of special circumstance that their child uses a Blackberry. I don't think there is a single thing wrong with it, but it isn't some random event that is occurring that can't be explained. i have a brother who has always used Android. Guess what his kids use? Its no coincidence or surprise that they are also using an Android phone. Anyway, just my thoughts on that but I do find it funny that its mentioned so often in here.
    may true in generally, but at the time the Q10 was available there was only Z10 or the old stuff around 3 years ago, additional to Apple and Android full touch, and no brand in general was mentioned to function as a raw model, so the only choice actually was a Blackberry because no other brand do manufacture devices with PKB in the 1st place.
    And 16 year old's got an idea on there own what they favour or not, you may right with the 10 year old but even this bugger know what they want.

well most of the time kid's are either in a brand name because of other kid's or they say "I want a phone with PKB and in a specific colour" because they are not in to tech specs as well as you may think.

Posted either via -Passport SQW100-1 or -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    03-03-16 09:33 AM
    Because all they care about is the social networking.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-16 09:45 AM
    I'm 14 I have a z10 it's OK.
    Pros: BB10 BBM
    Cons: Battery life (or lack of) , and the lack of a PKB

 Priv... cue the comeback!
    Oshasat likes this.
    03-03-16 10:19 AM
    A demographic analysis of BlackBerry users, especially ones that use it by choice, should be significantly different than that of all smartphone users, I think. Especially in North America and Western Europe, where all the reviewers are.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    03-03-16 10:25 AM

You're mistaken if you think a 10 year old doesn't have the capacity to choose the best phone for them. They know the features of each phone. Given the opportunity, most will choose iPhone so that they can face time and imessage their friends. However, if you listen to them talk, you'd be surprised to hear how they wish it could do this or had that, like some other fill in the blank phone. Kids today are tech savey.
    03-04-16 06:51 AM
    I
    You're mistaken if you think a 10 year old doesn't have the capacity to choose the best phone for them. They know the features of each phone. Given the opportunity, most will choose iPhone so that they can face time and imessage their friends. However, if you listen to them talk, you'd be surprised to hear how they wish it could do this or had that, like some other fill in the blank phone. Kids today are tech savey.
    I have an 11 year old and she isn't pining for a native file manager or a hub or BBM meetings, so I'm not sure what other features she wishes her phone had.
    TgeekB and JeepBB like this.
    03-04-16 06:54 AM
400 ... 1011121314 ...