I used it when I had nextel and worked in construction. I worked for 3 builders in a 7 yr period and all of them where on the nextel network. It was an invaluable communications tool and IMO it was and still is the only thing Nextel/Sprint has going for it.
    I agree with you Rob. Seems like an invaluable tool when used PROPERLY.

I disagree with the others here griping about whether it's useful to 'consumers.' Obviously it IS or it would not be so popular!

Things have a place and purpose. You wouldn't use a hammer to do a screwdriver's job (unless you are a moron). And when playing the role of 'consumer' we should eacd do our appropriate due diligence to be sure we are purchasing devices that are suited to our individual needs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by CatAlex; 08-15-09 at 07:09 PM.
    08-15-09 07:07 PM
    I always thought PTT is very annoying. Special if you are in the Supermarket and you have to listen to other peoples conversation.
    08-15-09 09:51 PM
    Why is it that it is so good for construction workers?
    08-15-09 10:01 PM
    you know I've used Nextel PPT on the ambulance since it first came out, back in the late 90s...for that purpose it works well, especially for keeping conversations short, and to serve as a backup for traditional radio systems. For many years I had a personal nextel as well, as did my wife and many friends. At the time it was great, but we all eventually left for normal phone service. I never got att's ptt...it just doesn't seem to work as well, and because hardly anyone uses it, its not worth the extra money...
    08-16-09 11:52 PM
    Some Ppl Just Find It Cool To Do So
    08-17-09 08:53 AM
    Although, iv'e had one of those phones it gets annoying b/c ppl be all in ur bizz
    08-17-09 08:54 AM
    Nextel PTT had a good share of the market at one time. I remember a few years back you couldnt go 5 minutes w/out hearing that chirp!
    08-18-09 01:22 PM
    PTT is the worst consumer service ever. It's bad enough to hear 1 loud ignorant ******* yelling into his or her phone in public. Hearing BOTH sides of the conversation is just obnoxiously infuriating. That BEEBEEP drives me frakking buggy!

I can see the need for it on a large job site, or in a business, but for the average person, no. It's just rude and intrusive.
    08-18-09 01:29 PM
    They still have that? I thought that went the way of the 6 disc CD changer lol.
    08-18-09 02:13 PM
    They still have that? I thought that went the way of the 6 disc CD changer lol.
    Indeed. I actually had to kick someone out of our pub for yammering away at full volume on his frakkin' Nextel during trivia. The entire pub was pretty much silent except for the person trying to call out the questions, and this yahoo. Both he and the other person were F-bombing all over the place, which I could care less about, but it's rude! We're playing trivia, dammit! There's beverages at stake, man!
    08-18-09 02:24 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD