03-15-14 04:39 PM
29 12
tools
    Before BBM went cross platform, WhatsApp was what I used with my friends on Android and iOS. Many were former BlackBerry users who used it because they enjoyed the BBM-like experience. When BBMx finally arrived, some of them downloaded it out of curiosity, but most just stuck with WhatsApp because it's what they've used for a few years. For them, the core functionality is the same, and they can't be bothered to switch IMs again. I've done my bit by letting friends and family know BBMx is available, but I'm not going to push it on them. Ultimately my relationship with them is what's most important, and I will use whatever IM is easiest for us to communicate on.
    03-15-14 11:12 AM
    I know I'm going to get a lot of flack for starting this thread, but one thing I really can't understand is why people use other chat apps like Facebook Messenger, Kik, Line, etc., when we have a perfectly good IM app called BBM!

BBM is one of the only things keeping BlackBerry alive and relevant, yet BB users are supporting competing IMs? How does that make sense?

To me, BBM seems like the obvious choice to use if you're a BlackBerry user. If your friends don't have BBM, then text them. If you can't text, then tell them to get BBM.

I dunno... I just see it as if the BlackBerry faithful can't support BBM (or supports other IMs simultaneously) then what chance does BBM have to grow and BlackBerry to remain a viable company?

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    Do you actually expect people to stop communicating with their friends and family if they refuse to use BBM? "Then tell them to get BBM"- what if they say "no"? What is more important- BlackBerry or friends and family? I already know the answer to that, but I'll bet you have to think about it...

Posted via CB10
    21stNow and JeepBB like this.
    03-15-14 11:54 AM
    Do you actually expect people to stop communicating with their friends and family if they refuse to use BBM? "Then tell them to get BBM"- what if they say "no"? What is more important- BlackBerry or friends and family? I already know the answer to that, but I'll bet you have to think about it...

Posted via CB10
    Obviously I will put communication of family first...that goes without saying.

What bothers me is people who want BlackBerry to survive and do well, but they don't even use their services. I just find it contradictory. I realize that people don't buy BlackBerrys solely for BBM anymore, but the 2 are still very tied together. I still think that if BBM doesn't gain traction in the consumer space, then why keep consumer handsets?

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 12:41 PM
    All I ever use is BBM for those contacts that don't have BBM, I use regular sms. Won't use any other messaging including Skype

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 04:39 PM
29 12