People will talk about BlackBerry because of how catastrophically wrong they went.

Take me for example. I bought a play book within weeks of its initial release. I returned it in four hours because it was evident that it was comically crippled out of the box. I came to Crackberry to see what's up with this company. Having looked seriously at the situation, it's difficult to point to a single thing they've done right since 2007. I wish they'd get a hit and use that to build a system that would allow them to thrive, because it's better for me as a consumer that Windows Apple and Google have REAL competition. But BlackBerry has to DESERVE to even compete. And I don't think they do.

Blackberry should have forked Android rather than develop bb10.
    They should have never released the Storm. For Pete's sakes,...Verizon CAME to RIM with their hat in their hand, BEGGING them to come up with an answer to AT&T's iPhone.And they gave them the Storm?!
    When Google saw the iPhone, they recognized it as a game changer and changed course for Android.
    RIM dismissed it as a "toy" and a fad. And look what happened.

People will talk about this for a very long time. Heck. They'll probably teach this in MBA programs. It's clearly an object lesson in what can happen when you ignore the other guy.
    03-17-14 02:40 PM
    I do not need to defend blackberry, I just personally like my Z10 so that's cool for me , I have a ipad and iMac , so am not a apple hater I don't like android but other people Love it so good luck to them, just got one of my children Q5 so am supporting blackberry, also the Q5 at �12 per month is about the same as a top up for a prepay so I think it's excellent value I think the more mobile os options the better,

Just my opinion
    As long as they can all talk, text, share information and email to each other. Doesn't matter the device used.
    03-17-14 02:43 PM
    LOL. I just got a Z30 last week. I bet some people still view me as a troll because I'm not all sunshine and puppy dogs before and still after upgrading. Yes I like BB10 but I'm not blind about everything.
    Good luck with the new setup. Let us know how it turns out.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-17-14 02:44 PM
    Because people care, Apple got a lot of print in 1997 when thing were bad, far more than companies much larger than they were, it's really always been that way for Apple. No publicity is bad, Blackberry should consider itself lucky.
    03-17-14 02:50 PM
    Put it this way, if Toronto Mayor Rob Ford is such a perfect mayor and didn't smoke crack, no one would know him.. Instead, he is well known and even made it to Jimmy Kimmel show ... How cool is that? Media is sometimes are just parasites. They just love to feed on negativity. LOL!!
    03-17-14 03:36 PM
    the media is stuck on negativity these days. have you watched the news lately? Carnage and mayhem the rest doesnt even get reported. So they see a wounded duck they run over to take and look and prod it a bit then they move on to something else. Whats the news for apple and samsung its business as usual nothing to report. They smell blood in the water with blackberry thats why they report it.
    03-17-14 06:36 PM
    the media is stuck on negativity these days. have you watched the news lately? Carnage and mayhem the rest doesnt even get reported. So they see a wounded duck they run over to take and look and prod it a bit then they move on to something else. Whats the news for apple and samsung its business as usual nothing to report. They smell blood in the water with blackberry thats why they report it.
    And when have you noticed that as a change? Bad News has always been the driving force in news. People (not the news agency) have always loved stories about the mighty who eventually succumb to their own arrogance and brought low. Of course they love a Cinderella story just as much.

Outside of CrackBerry I rarely hear about BlackBerry. Most of the News Articles there are on BlackBerry never makes it to the average consumers eyes.... mostly because they don't care anymore.
    03-18-14 10:22 AM
    Blackberry had an astounding fall from grace. The world loves that. They also love comeback kids!

#blackberryforcombackkid
    03-18-14 11:10 AM
    They are an easy target and with the lack of trained journalists, analysts, and proper news outlets that is all you will hear. Today's media doesn't report breaking news they simply copy it over and over so this over reporting of stories continue. This can be proven by most local news stations who fill 3 or more straight hours of the 4 inches of snow that fell and have verylittle to actually report.
    03-18-14 01:55 PM
    They are an easy target and with the lack of trained journalists, analysts, and proper news outlets that is all you will hear. Today's media doesn't report breaking news they simply copy it over and over so this over reporting of stories continue. This can be proven by most local news stations who fill 3 or more straight hours of the 4 inches of snow that fell and have verylittle to actually report.
    Because news is in our face 24/7. There's only so much to cover. When you got your news in a newspaper once a day they didn't have to repeat things. Its just the nature of being connected all the time, not that journalists are suddenly worse.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-18-14 02:40 PM
135 ... 456