03-18-14 02:40 PM
135 ... 3456
tools
    I have run across the same thing, either afraid, or too comfortable to change.
    That's the thing, why would someone change if they are comfortable using what they are currently using?

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-17-14 08:24 AM
    Afraid of change? Really?
    Do you personally know the Apple and Android folks in question? Do you and Ron hang out, socialize in the same circles?
    03-17-14 09:28 AM
    Afraid of change? Really?
    Afraid of getting into minority, afraid of justifying their decisions. Don't underestimate this. Whenever people are not very self-assured and can't survey all the things (the goods, the facts, the markets, the lies, the cults) people decide how others decide (and normally not the smartest but the loudest). This is sheep philosophy. And a confident iPhone user is always a good lighthouse, and two are even better and three you can't ignore anymore, they build the opinion. So, would you really buy a BB if 12 people in your school class have an iPhone and 8 have an Andriod?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-17-14 09:31 AM
    Do you personally know the Apple and Android folks in question? Do you and Ron hang out, socialize in the same circles?
    Yes, 99% of the public is afraid to change. Makes perfect sense. Lol.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-17-14 10:02 AM
    Yes, 99% of the public is afraid to change. Makes perfect sense. Lol.
    That--the general public at large--is not who the person you quoted was talking about, nor am I asking about. He was talking about a very specific population--the people on Android and iOS he demos BB10 to. Do you know them?
    03-17-14 10:37 AM
    That--the general public at large--is not who the person you quoted was talking about, nor am I asking about. He was talking about a very specific population--the people on Android and iOS he demos BB10 to. Do you know them?
    Wow, you really need to defend Blackberry. Sad.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-17-14 11:58 AM
    I can see why you were called out for deflection. Do you have an answer to my question or not? If you don't, that's fine, I won't ask you again.
    03-17-14 12:01 PM
    I can see why you were called out for deflection. Do you have an answer to my question or not? If you don't, that's fine, I won't ask you again.
    I feel no need to feed your obsession. This is an open forum. People make comments based on perceptions. Believe it or not, people may not agree. Get over yourself.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-17-14 12:04 PM
    Blackberry will always have a special place in my thoughts. It was the first smartphone I purchased and our relationship lasted for nearly eight years. I have nothing but luv for the Blackberry brand, but my needs and wants have changed and I have moved on without regrets. Maybe someday I will give Blackberry another try.
    03-17-14 12:05 PM
    Blackberry will always have a special place in my thoughts. It was the first smartphone I purchased and our relationship lasted for nearly eight years. I have nothing but luv for the Blackberry brand, but my needs and wants have changed and I have moved on without regrets. Maybe someday I will give Blackberry another try.
    I feel the same way. It was my first smartphone. I've moved on but stay in touch, at the dismay of some.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-17-14 12:06 PM
    Believe it or not, people may not agree.
    And with that ironic--or perhaps not--statement you confirmed that you have no intention of answering my direct question, so I'm done with you in this thread.

To answer the OP's question, I feel for a lot of people, it's about justifying their post-BlackBerry choices.
    03-17-14 12:13 PM
    I feel the same way. It was my first smartphone. I've moved on but stay in touch, at the dismay of some.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    I see you've been around since 07' and myself since 09', and in that time I supposed we've come to the conclusion that there is NO BEST phone except for the one each individual chooses for their SELF. Everyone's needs and wants are different. I currently use an iPhone 5s and Galaxy Note3, they work for ME at this stage of my smartphone life...thats all that matters.
    kbz1960 and Thud Hardsmack like this.
    03-17-14 12:21 PM
    And with that ironic--or perhaps not--statement you confirmed that you have no intention of answering my direct question, so I'm done with you in this thread.

To answer the OP's question, I feel for a lot of people, it's about justifying their post-BlackBerry choices.
    ....and why would I have to justify my post-Blackberry choices, and to whom? I disagree with this statement/comment.
    03-17-14 12:27 PM
    I see you've been around since 07' and myself since 09', and in that time I supposed we've come to the conclusion that there is NO BEST phone except for the one each individual chooses for their SELF. Everyone's needs and wants are different. I currently use an iPhone 5s and Galaxy Note3, they work for ME at this stage of my smartphone life...thats all that matters.
    Couldn't agree more. Unfortunately, some on here want constant proof that you have a right to be here. It is their "right" to badger you in hopes you will leave. Won't work.

Like you I have switched many times. I have no allegiance to any one brand. What works for me at the moment might change so why be inflexible? Choice is good and, as you said, the is no perfect phone.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    pantlesspenguin and Drew808 like this.
    03-17-14 12:29 PM
    ....and why would I have to justify my post-Blackberry choices, and to whom? I disagree with this statement/comment.
    I wasn't talking about you specifically.
    03-17-14 12:31 PM
    I wasn't talking about you specifically.
    Oh ok (smile). Just checking (kidding). One GREAT thing about the current smartphone market is that we have choices. Blackberry is still around because people still use them. PERIOD
    03-17-14 12:34 PM

Posted via my Nexus 10.

I do not need to defend blackberry, I just personally like my Z10 so that's cool for me , I have a ipad and iMac , so am not a apple hater I don't like android but other people Love it so good luck to them, just got one of my children Q5 so am supporting blackberry, also the Q5 at 12 per month is about the same as a top up for a prepay so I think it's excellent value I think the more mobile os options the better,

Just my opinion
    03-17-14 12:41 PM
    I do not need to defend blackberry, I just personally like my Z10 so that's cool for me , I have a ipad and iMac , so am not a apple hater I don't like android but other people Love it so good luck to them, just got one of my children Q5 so am supporting blackberry, also the Q5 at 12 per month is about the same as a top up for a prepay so I think it's excellent value I think the more mobile os options the better,

Just my opinion
    I agree with your opinion!

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Dylan Garcia2 likes this.
    03-17-14 12:54 PM
    Couldn't agree more. Unfortunately, some on here want constant proof that you have a right to be here. It is their "right" to badger you in hopes you will leave. Won't work.

Like you I have switched many times. I have no allegiance to any one brand. What works for me at the moment might change so why be inflexible? Choice is good and, as you said, the is no perfect phone.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    LOL. I just got a Z30 last week. I bet some people still view me as a troll because I'm not all sunshine and puppy dogs before and still after upgrading. Yes I like BB10 but I'm not blind about everything.
    03-17-14 01:26 PM
    I just got a Z30 last week.
    Congrats! Finally gave up on that USCC service, huh
    03-17-14 01:36 PM
    I see a number of great responses while some of these just flat out crack me up coming across so juvenile. Hate these threads but here I am, drawn in none the less. Not sure why people rag on Apple and Android. Have had Blackberry's since my first pager scroll wheel. We always used to talk about Apple sheep and we would crack up. I feel a number of our beloved Crackberry forum members have gone the same route becoming those very sheep.

Blackberry used to be the best messaging and general business tool period with the 9900 as the the last dynamic platform. Between market share and so much of our own b*tching about lack of apps, Z10/Q10 were brought out and Blackberry completely lost their way at first. I don't think we are really in the driver's seat yet and can cast stones at Apple and others such as Samsung. Samsung and Apple both make good products. Both created innovation which is to our benefit. Calling their products complete crap is such ignorance. Maybe try calling it healthy competition.

Hate to say it but initially BB10 was a colossal failure. I have the Z10, it is my everyday phone and have had it since the first week of release. Previous to 2141 I would have taken any iPhone or specifically a Samsung S4 any day of the week. They just worked perfect and no major issues like we were having. 10.0 and 10.1 just sucked for contact management and general features. (Oh, remember those app gap discussions back then?) The competition was not losing all their work email, contacts, calendars if the battery died and then restarted (leaked 10.2 releases) Contact bugs and Exchange Active sync were horrible until last month. Nothing like being in a different state and all contact information gone and having to figure out where your appointment is. What a mess that was. (I won't mention the bug where we still get delayed email as I guess I can live with that) Only until last month (yes, exactly 31 days ago) with 2141 do I feel my Z10 is on the same playing field as Apple and Android. 2141 generally is what should have been released when we first bought our phones.

As another poster mentioned we are on Active Sync unless your company has upgraded their server software which most haven't. Our data is not secure any longer or when traveling overseas any cheaper than carrying a competitor phone. Previously, I could email all I wanted with attachments while in China or Hong Kong and it didn't affect our data plan because it was riding BB servers not the carriers. Now it is just like everyone else...yep, exactly like Apple and Android.

My phone is my lifeblood and only now can I fully "trust" it again and I would venture BB10 is finally ready for prime time. The phones are solid, the ergonomics of swipe are great, and the Hub very useful for communications. We now have a very stable platform, and hey, now have access to many (not all) Android apps. If I was Blackberry, this is what I would be proud of and now advertising as such.

In my humble opinion we now have a few bragging rights again over competition. I doubt I would have said this 2 months ago however I am very glad Blackberry is getting it right and I am actually looking forward to my countdown of 2 months before I can upgrade from the Z10 to the Z30, or even better yet (please announce a release date) Q20.
    Last edited by zipped; 03-17-14 at 02:05 PM.
    keepthetorch likes this.
    03-17-14 01:43 PM
    LOL. I just got a Z30 last week. I bet some people still view me as a troll because I'm not all sunshine and puppy dogs before and still after upgrading. Yes I like BB10 but I'm not blind about everything.
    That's ok. We're all rainbows and kittens you're still here.
    03-17-14 01:45 PM
    All the yuppies in the media are using iPhones and iPads, and they just can't wait until their fashion fetish kills all the competition. (I.e. they are basically fascist)
    03-17-14 01:46 PM
    Afraid of getting into minority, afraid of justifying their decisions. Don't underestimate this. Whenever people are not very self-assured and can't survey all the things (the goods, the facts, the markets, the lies, the cults) people decide how others decide (and normally not the smartest but the loudest). This is sheep philosophy. And a confident iPhone user is always a good lighthouse, and two are even better and three you can't ignore anymore, they build the opinion. So, would you really buy a BB if 12 people in your school class have an iPhone and 8 have an Andriod?
    Why yes I would!!! I am in a class by myself thanks to the teacher plus I don't like the other 20 kids.
    03-17-14 02:23 PM
    Thanks for the open thread and nice photo.

Blackberry phones are the best communications devices in the world. Better phone call quality, better reception, more secure messaging/encryption, better keyboards. They're for people who get things done and for people who don't sit on the couch aimlessly scrolling through useless apps, wasting their time on nothing important at all.

Google and Apple have sucked the majority of the market into a trance. They need these apps and they're so integrated into the consumer's life that they can't do without them - all to further the goals of Google and Apple, no matter how nefarious those goals may be.

People still discuss Blackberry because it's still an important part of the communications picture. I'm glad that it's still around to give the option of superior communication to people who can still think for themselves.
    Well done!

SQN100-2 /10.2.1.2102
    03-17-14 02:34 PM
135 ... 3456