Probably because most people in the media at one point had a BlackBerry and many still do. Negative news gets more attention than positive, though I have noticed a shift in the new reported on BlackBerry. It seems to be trending more favourably as of late.

C001B7B16 The Gif Exchange
    I have noticed a slight shift also.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    southlander likes this.
    03-16-14 07:50 PM
    Probably because most people in the media at one point had a BlackBerry and many still do. Negative news gets more attention than positive, though I have noticed a shift in the new reported on BlackBerry. It seems to be trending more favourably as of late.

C001B7B16 The Gif Exchange
    As it should.

If anything, the media should be all all over BlackBerry. The "David" vs "Goliath" story.
    03-16-14 07:51 PM
    Do you consider having Android apps fixing the app gap?

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Great question TgeekB. Yes, definitely on the app gap. Although that's not what Blackberry is for is it? Blackberry is for secure communications. Not Google back doors. No?
    03-16-14 07:51 PM
    It's definitely an interesting topic, for sure. Personally I think they still have legs. I've used the new OS on my Z10 for over a year and it's been nothing short of amazing.

AND, I should note I have an iPhone and an Android phone that I could use at any time as a replacement.
    I left the Z10 after several years with Blackberry. While I am very happy with the Nexus 5, I am not married to any OS. I have used them all. That's why I continue to come here (and listen to ridiculous comments about Android and iOS). When I feel Blackberry has turned the corner I will try them out again.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    03-16-14 07:52 PM
    I left the Z10 after several years with Blackberry. While I am very happy with the Nexus 5, I am not married to any OS. I have used them all. That's why I continue to come here (and listen to ridiculous comments about Android and iOS). When I feel Blackberry has turned the corner I will try them out again.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Fair enough. I have several Android devices and find the ux frustrating and slow compared to BB10.

Vive la difference I guess.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    03-16-14 07:56 PM
    Who exactly is discussing BlackBerry? I suppose Crackberry is the place people discuss about BlackBerry but the media in general is done talking about BlackBerry. They used to talk about the downfall of BlackBerry because BlackBerry was #1 at one point but all I see today, is everyone is discussing iPhones and Androids.
    JeepBB, Drew808 and richardat like this.
    03-16-14 07:56 PM

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    There is the collection that the government is doing by itself and then there is the data that they can go to Google and Facebook and force them to hand over. We should remember that the web browser you are most likely using, the most popular browser right now is Chrome, most popular mobile operating system is now Android, many of the tools that we are using whether web browsers or operating systems or apps are made by advertising companies. It is not a coincidence that Chrome is probably a less privacy preserving browser. It is tweaked to allow data collection by third parties. The Android operating system is designed to facilitate disclosure of data to third parties. Even if you are okay with the data the companies are collecting you should also note that the tools that we use to browse the web and the tools that ultimately permit our data to be shared or prevent it from being shared are made by advertising companies. This makes the NSA’s job a lot easier. If the web browsers we were using were locked down by default the NSA would have a much tougher time. But advertising companies are not going to give us tools that are privacy preserving by default

- Your boy Snowy
    03-16-14 07:58 PM
    Who exactly is discussing BlackBerry? I suppose Crackberry is the place people discuss about BlackBerry but the media in general is done talking about BlackBerry. They used to talk about the downfall of BlackBerry because BlackBerry was #1 at one point but all I see today, is everyone is discussing iPhones and Androids.
    BlackBerry is still in the media last time I checked.

We're discussing it here because this is CrackBerry, the #1 BlackBerry fan site!
    03-16-14 07:59 PM
    Fair enough. I have several Android devices and find the ux frustrating and slow compared to BB10.

Vive la difference I guess.
    Out of curiosity, what Android device do you have? I do admit, it took a couple tries before I became comfortable with it. The Nexus 5 is the smoothest device I have ever used. Not saying BB10 isn't smooth also.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-16-14 08:00 PM
    I'm sure this is both regionally dependent and dependent on what media sources you follow.

Posted via CB10. Join C001A8DC6 for bento-inspired lunch ideas
    03-16-14 08:00 PM
    What parts, for example? I haven't seen BB10 code, and would like to know what you can share about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    http://cryptome.org/2013/12/nsa-overcollection.pdf
    03-16-14 08:04 PM
    [QUOTE=mralgi;10126640]They're for people who get things done and for people who don't sit on the couch aimlessly scrolling through useless apps, wasting their time on nothing important at all. /QUOTE]

...suddenly feeling guilty for laying on my couch aimlessly scrolling through a forum...

Posted via my amazing Q10
    03-16-14 08:05 PM
    [QUOTE=SmileDahling;10126915]
    They're for people who get things done and for people who don't sit on the couch aimlessly scrolling through useless apps, wasting their time on nothing important at all. /QUOTE]

...suddenly feeling guilty for laying on my couch aimlessly scrolling through a forum...

Love it.
    03-16-14 08:06 PM
    Out of curiosity, what Android device do you have? I do admit, it took a couple tries before I became comfortable with it. The Nexus 5 is the smoothest device I have ever used. Not saying BB10 isn't smooth also.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    I have three:

Asus Transformer TF101
    Sony Xperia SP
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 8

The Asus I modded with KitKat (KatKiss) and is the smoothest for operation; The Sony is laggy; the Samsung lags if I don't reboot it periodically.

NOT a fan of Android to be honest. I've heard the Nexus (as pure plain Vanilla Android) is smooth but haven't used it.

All things being equal: if I couldn't use BlackBerry I would go back to Apple. I never had lags with iOS like I've had with Android.

AND, I've had ZERO lags with BlackBerry 10!
    03-16-14 08:08 PM
    [QUOTE=SmileDahling;10126915]
    They're for people who get things done and for people who don't sit on the couch aimlessly scrolling through useless apps, wasting their time on nothing important at all. /QUOTE]

We must always be "getting things done" don't you know!

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    Do you consider having Android apps fixing the app gap?

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Not really no, at least not in its current state. Now if there were to be a formal partnership between Google & BlackBerry then maybe we could get a fully operational Android runtime. That is without the current stub which prevents Google Services Framework from being installed. If that happened yes it would fully close the app gap.

Posted via CB10
    I have three:

Asus Transformer TF101
    Sony Xperia SP
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 8

The Asus I modded with KitKat (KatKiss) and is the smoothest for operation; The Sony is laggy; the Samsung lags if I don't reboot it periodically.

NOT a fan of Android to be honest. I've heard the Nexus (as pure plain Vanilla Android) is smooth but haven't used it.

All things being equal: if I couldn't use BlackBerry I would go back to Apple. I never had lags with iOS like I've had with Android.

AND, I've had ZERO lags with BlackBerry 10!
    I was with Apple years ago, a big fan at the time. Too locked down. No choice. I couldn't go back to them.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-16-14 08:09 PM
    [QUOTE=TgeekB;10126925]

We must always be "getting things done" don't you know!

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    That must be why there are so many adult pin swap threads on the bbm forums.

SmileDahling and kbz1960 like this.
    03-16-14 08:10 PM
    [QUOTE=emstardeluxe;10126936]

Isn't that the truth.
    03-16-14 08:11 PM
    I was with Apple years ago, a big fan at the time. Too locked down. No choice. I couldn't go back to them.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Not a fan of the locked garden either, which is why I switched to BlackBerry.

Otherwise, Apple is pretty solid. I definitely prefer them over Android.
    03-16-14 08:11 PM
    [QUOTE=emstardeluxe;10126936]

LOL! I feel the same way! Look at the titles too. Unreal. Yet, we hear how "professional" Blackberry is. At least be honest.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-16-14 08:12 PM
    Not a fan of the locked garden either, which is why I switched to BlackBerry.

Otherwise, Apple is pretty solid. I definitely prefer them over Android.
    Apple is solid, no doubt. My wife has one and it works perfect for her. Blackberry is not as open as Android but then some people find it a nice mix between the two. Nothing wrong with that.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-16-14 08:14 PM
    [QUOTE=TgeekB;10126943]

LOL! I feel the same way! Look at the titles too. Unreal. Yet, we hear how "professional" Blackberry is. At least be honest.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    In the end, it's not about Apple, Google, or BlackBerry! It's about US!
    03-16-14 08:14 PM
    Apple is solid, no doubt. My wife has one and it works perfect for her. Blackberry is not as open as Android but then some people find it a nice mix between the two. Nothing wrong with that.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    BlackBerry is definitely not as open as Android. Security is their selling point so no surprise.

Frankly, I see a place for all three platforms, depending on what the individual wants! It's too bad it's such a grudge match.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-16-14 08:17 PM
    [QUOTE=Gnomesane;10126952]

In the end, it's not about Apple, Google, or BlackBerry! It's about US!
    True. And choice is good.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    mralgi likes this.
    03-16-14 08:17 PM
135 12345 ...