The OS is light years ahead of Android.

The "Android Apps" thing is just for consumer appeal and has nothing to do with the OS overall. It's significantly better than KitKat already.
    So true. Android seems like such a clumsy pile. The code is also very messy compared to BB10.
    03-16-14 07:29 PM
    The OS is light years ahead of Android.

The "Android Apps" thing is just for consumer appeal and has nothing to do with the OS overall. It's significantly better than KitKat already.
    I disagree. Not close yet.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-16-14 07:29 PM
    "They're for people who get things done and don't sit on the couch playing with useless apps.......etc, etc, etc."

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    The truth hurts my friend. The truth hurts.
    CerveloJohn and FMB8900 like this.
    03-16-14 07:30 PM
    So true. Android seems like such a clumsy pile. The code is also very messy compared to BB10.
    What parts, for example? I haven't seen BB10 code, and would like to know what you can share about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    03-16-14 07:30 PM
    Also....

I can see right now people's feelings are going to be hurt in this thread and some people will flip off at the lips so... that said, I kindly remind everyone to uhh... you know... NOT do that. I will not be warning folks again.
    Further to that...

I have two Android tablets, an Android phone, an iPhone and a BlackBerry Z10...

There's nothing wrong with Google's Android, Apple's iOS or BlackBerry when it all comes down to it. This is a debate, but not a smackdown.

Let's have a fun tit for tat! =)
    03-16-14 07:31 PM
    I disagree. Not close yet.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Not close to what? To opening a back door to the governments so they can have a first hand look into what you're doing. If that's what you mean, I agree.
    03-16-14 07:31 PM
    The truth hurts my friend. The truth hurts.
    Thus as I said, rubbish. You can believe what you want, but don't elevate it to "truth". Though I understand you are allowed to say whatever you want because its a blackberry enthusiasts site.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    kevinnugent and JeepBB like this.
    03-16-14 07:32 PM
    Further to that...

I have two Android tablets, an Android phone, an iPhone and a BlackBerry Z10...

There's nothing wrong with Google's Android, Apple's iOS or BlackBerry when it all comes down to it. This is a debate, but not a smackdown.

Let's have a fun tit for tat! =)
    Totally, 100% agree! Thank you for saying that!

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-16-14 07:32 PM
    Not close to what? To opening a back door to the governments so they can have a first hand look into what you're doing. If that's what you mean, I agree.
    We're trying to have an intelligent conversation. Stay on topic.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-16-14 07:33 PM
    Thus as I said, rubbish. You can believe what you want, but don't elevate it to "truth". Though I understand you are allowed to say whatever you want because its a blackberry enthusiasts site.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    I only believe what I see and know as truth. I'm not elevating anything. For the record, I have Android, iOS and Blackberry devices. I also know the code and operation of all three very well. Can you say the same?
    03-16-14 07:34 PM
    We're trying to have an intelligent conversation. Stay on topic.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Your reply to this is a deflection. Nice try though.
    03-16-14 07:35 PM
    Totally, 100% agree! Thank you for saying that!

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Heh.

Let's make this an honest debate and discuss the merits and demerits of all platforms!

NO platform is perfect. I know that, I've used them all.
    03-16-14 07:35 PM
    Your reply to this is a deflection. Nice try though.
    For real though….Android is great for their Maps and their lack of privacy. And iOS is great for the apps and their lack of privacy.
    03-16-14 07:41 PM
    I only believe what I see and know as truth. I'm not elevating anything. For the record, I have Android, iOS and Blackberry devices. I also know the code and operation of all three very well. Can you say the same?
    Now you're elevating yourself? Lol. Whatever. I'm not impressed.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-16-14 07:42 PM
    I agree with crackedrosco
    It's the schadenfreude /underdog dichotomy

Posted via CB10. Join C001A8DC6 for bento-inspired lunch ideas
    anon6040766 likes this.
    03-16-14 07:42 PM
    Now you're elevating yourself? Lol. Whatever. I'm not impressed.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    It was a question.
    03-16-14 07:43 PM
    Heh.

Let's make this an honest debate and discuss the merits and demerits of all platforms!

NO platform is perfect. I know that, I've used them all.
    Some believe they know it all though. It makes it difficult to come on here and just talk or debate.

As I said, Blackberry was once amongst the mighty so, I believe, people are interested in whether they will make a comeback.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-16-14 07:44 PM
    It was a question.
    I welcome you to join in the topic if you wish.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-16-14 07:45 PM
    Because the company is still very much alive, despite reports that it's been dead going on three years now.

BlackBerry has become the punching bag of the tech industry. Got nothing to write about? Do a hit piece on BlackBerry. It'll attract BlackBerry haters, saying how the company is dead and it'll attract BlackBerry fans refuting it all the way.

It's much like this thread, you chose the title carefully and you know it will attract attention. You also know that despite it all, BlackBerry is still very very relevant to the world.
    Totally agree. If you go to any other tech forum and ask if they were once a BlackBerry user, almost everyone says yes. Follow it up with asking whether they'd ever go back and first 2 things I hear are "I hated the constant battery pulls" and "BlackBerry has no apps", both of which no longer exist with BlackBerry 10. Now you read the "BlackBerry is Dead" articles and although they mention a new OS, they never mention the positive changes made.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 07:46 PM
    Some believe they know it all though. It makes it difficult to come on here and just talk or debate.

As I said, Blackberry was once amongst the mighty so, I believe, people are interested in whether they will make a comeback.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    If you're talking about me, I don't know it all. I've used all three platforms extensively though and I'm here to speak about them, not deflect comments and say LOL or whatever. They all do things great and other things not so great.
    03-16-14 07:47 PM
    I welcome you to join in the topic if you wish.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    More deflection.
    03-16-14 07:48 PM
    Totally agree. If you go to any other tech forum and ask if they were once a BlackBerry user, almost everyone says yes. Follow it up with asking whether they'd ever go back and first 2 things I hear are "I hated the constant battery pulls" and "BlackBerry has no apps", both of which no longer exist with BlackBerry 10. Now you read the "BlackBerry is Dead" articles and although they mention a new OS, they never mention the positive changes made.

Posted via CB10
    Do you consider having Android apps fixing the app gap?

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-16-14 07:48 PM
    Probably because most people in the media at one point had a BlackBerry and many still do. Negative news gets more attention than positive, though I have noticed a shift in the news reported on BlackBerry. It seems to be trending more favourably as of late.

C001B7B16 The Gif Exchange
    03-16-14 07:49 PM
    More deflection.
    This will be my last comment to you. Please stop.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-16-14 07:49 PM

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    It's definitely an interesting topic, for sure. Personally I think they still have legs. I've used the new OS on my Z10 for over a year and it's been nothing short of amazing.

AND, I should note I have an iPhone and an Android phone that I could use at any time as a replacement.
    03-16-14 07:50 PM
135 1234 ...