how come i hear about people having troubles with there bb or whatever, and i have the same phone with no problems, luck? theres r older?
    09-05-12 03:33 PM
    Because not everyone uses their phone in the exact same way that you do.
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    09-05-12 03:37 PM
    different apps have different effects on phones. different uses, in some cases some people just like to complain
    09-05-12 03:37 PM
    Several reasons. Hardware quality control, software bugs, rogue apps, etc.
    09-05-12 03:42 PM
    ah i was just wondering cuz ive had my phone maybe 2 weeks and havent seen anything wrong with it, the battery is alittle weak but it lasts me a day atleast
    09-05-12 03:53 PM
    ah i was just wondering cuz ive had my phone maybe 2 weeks and havent seen anything wrong with it, the battery is alittle weak but it lasts me a day atleast
    That's a good thing . Relax!
    wolfee48 likes this.
    09-05-12 04:08 PM
    I know how you feel, OP. I owned 4 BlackBerry's prior to this SII (in wait for BB10) and I never experienced some of the issues that some people say they do. For instance, my friend's BB mysteriously rebooted itself and deleted all his personal files. I just don't understand how that happens to people, but yeah, the above mentioned is true.
    09-05-12 04:58 PM
    This has been gone over quite a few times but it can never be said enough. Once the devices are in the hands of the end users the idea of two exact devices go completely out the window.

The are way too many variables for that to ever happen. Those variables take the form of apps installed / deleted, whether the OS is loaded as is or "shrunk" (and then there is the extent of "shrinking"), signal strength, usage patterns, frequency of charging, overall setup of device (brightness, loudness, etc...), apps that update automatically and the frequency at which they do and a whole host of other things.

Best you can do is determine your own baselines (battery life, memory usage, etc...) and monitor against those and not anyone elses experiences.
    09-05-12 05:26 PM
    Do all automobiles, TV's, and other devices with electronics all work exactly the same? Of course not. People treat them differently and some can have minor differences right from the factory. It's just the way it is.
    09-05-12 05:42 PM
    different apps have different effects on phones. different uses, in some cases some people just like to complain
    Some of us have genuine reason to complain when we do. You'd be wailing and whining if you'd faced just half of the issues I've faced with my OS7 devices

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    09-05-12 05:53 PM
    Plus, you are hanging out at the best place for anyone with a Berry issue to find answers, so you are gonna see the full range of issues here

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    09-05-12 06:43 PM
    I think a lot of people tend to complain but a lot also rarely sing praises.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-05-12 08:30 PM
    I think a lot of people tend to complain but a lot also rarely sing praises.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    I agree with this. When you consider the vast amount of BB devices out there (78million I believe) , the amount of problem posts on this site are really quite insignificant. lt's normally only the guys with problems that post which is understandable as they are normally looking for help, or just want to bleat.
    09-06-12 05:49 PM
    I never had problems with BB until I got a Torch. I'm having a problem with it right now.
    09-06-12 05:50 PM
    i understand this post but people that have no problem with equipment usually don't post in forums about how they are satisfied with they're purchase. that being said i see posts about how this sucks and that sucks, i have the same equipment and think its great. i judging by the info in some these posts the ops obviously do not actually use the item that they are posting about. i believe troll is term. these post are fairly obvious. looking at the forums for other platforms problems come with the territory.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    09-06-12 07:20 PM
    Two words: User Error.
    09-07-12 09:18 AM
    One word: Bingo
    09-07-12 10:11 AM
    I don't think that's every reason though. My Curve bricked more than once overnight while sitting on my nightstand. I woke up at least twice with the white screen of death telling me to reinstall the OS and I hadn't touched it. I only had three maybe four apps on my phone because it couldn't handle more without a memory leak and a major lag.

Another poster mentioned something about cars. Not everyone has the same experience with them. I had a Saturn SL2 that I hated from the moment I got it. Nothing but problems. I worked with a dispatcher who had one also. Never had one ounce of trouble with hers and we had the exact car. Sometimes, it's just luck of the draw. QC can't catch everything in a batch of phones or a truck full of cars that are shipped. Some people have no problems with their phones and cars, others have problems since day one.
    09-07-12 10:17 AM
    I believe it is mainly:

- user expectations
    - technical know-how

I am a "power user", developer and technologically capable. I have no problems making my BB or Playbook do what I want. I learn in detail everything about the device, try stuff, hack away at it and trouble-shoot, scour the forums and spend time to figure it out, or find ways other people do it.

The average user doesn't have the time nor inclination to want to know or care.... They just want something to happen a certain way and get frustrated when they don't understand why it is not working.

Most people don't bother to even sync their phone to Blackberry Desktop from the day they got it. They never install updates to the OS, never play with the settings, never try new themes. When the phone has a problem they just get upset and blame RIM for everything.

The reason RIM is where it is right now is because they made great products for techno-junkies like me but the average user wasn't that impressed.

There are WAY MORE average users than techno-junkies... Apple went more to average users who care more about function and easy to use, perhaps with some missing business features, but more fun and stylish and sexy looking... and streamlined to ONE product. That is the formula they have built their success on.

But BB phones are still amazing and can do a ton of stuff... I have old ones that I still use "off the cellular grid" for various things like tracking GPS and streaming wifi audio. But most average people care not for a phone that works... what you sell has to also be trendy, sexy and over-priced....

Beats Audio products by Dr. Dre is another perfect example!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    09-07-12 01:06 PM
    yeah, I've also always wondered why there are so many problem threads
    either BBs have a lot of defects or the userbase is a really noobie one hope its the second one
    09-07-12 01:09 PM
    The answer is simple... numbers of units sold and human nature.... If you have lets say 10 millions in consumer hands... even .1 percent would mean 10,000 problems with the device.... add in human nature to complain when something is not working.... it does not tale long to see the compaliants show up in the threads.....
    09-07-12 01:15 PM
    how come i hear about people having troubles with there bb or whatever, and i have the same phone with no problems, luck? theres r older?
    When we make a purchase, whether it's a phone, tv, car, etc., we are always reminded to read the manual first. I have friends who complain about their phones that don't know where the manual is, less known use it... LOL!!
    09-07-12 01:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD