Just curious as to why this is. I have meterberry running and my battery life drops by 10% or so everytime I do a battery pull.
    11-30-09 01:08 AM
    Probably because it takes a lot of battery to start up the battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-09 02:34 AM
    i would say the reboot is giving you a more accurate battery reading vs having the phone sit at idle. also, ar you saying if you did 10 pulls in a row the battery would literally drain itself dry, or that it just appears to drop a little when you do it and just happen to notice.
    11-30-09 03:27 AM
    i would say the reboot is giving you a more accurate battery reading vs having the phone sit at idle. also, ar you saying if you did 10 pulls in a row the battery would literally drain itself dry, or that it just appears to drop a little when you do it and just happen to notice.
    First, yes, that is right. LiOn batteries go out of calibration pretty quick as I learned at my job so pulling hte, resets the counter. You may thing you are at 100% but really maybe it is only 90% if you have not done a pull in a long time.

Second, rebooting is pretty intensive what with the start up routines and all so it will consume some extra power to do that.

I would say just pull it once and recharge, then you are right where you should be.
    11-30-09 03:40 AM
    Yea when ever anything is turned on it always takes more energy to start up. Once it gets going the battery usage stays constant.

It takes more energy to get your car from stop to the speed limit, but once you're there you barely use anymore energy/gas, only need it to keep the car going. than it is to make a turn or pass a car,
    11-30-09 03:47 AM
    Yea when ever anything is turned on it always takes more energy to start up. Once it gets going the battery usage stays constant.

It takes more energy to get your car from stop to the speed limit, but once you're there you barely use anymore energy/gas, only need it to keep the car going. than it is to make a turn or pass a car,
    also, getting a car started draws alot of cranking amps out of a battery than maintaining just the accessories on. kinda can make a battery metaphor our of that.
    11-30-09 06:35 AM
    i think rebooting the device sucks up the battery big time.
    11-30-09 08:00 AM
    i would say the reboot is giving you a more accurate battery reading vs having the phone sit at idle.
    I totally agree w/this statement. I have done battery pulls & my reading actually increased by approx 5%.
    11-30-09 10:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD