https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...a863b9a6ea.jpg

As I said chamfered frames are pretty standard in design. The render is same as the presentation.
    Actually one can't see the frame in the render.
    It maybe standard but somehow I don't like rip off stuff
    Especially when I know BlackBerry themselves can design it reasonably sexy
    Just what I think though

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    10-13-16 09:50 PM
    The whole smartphone industry is converging on designs that work and are universally aesthetically pleasing. No surprise there.
    BlackBerry is trying to stand out from the crowd a little with their PKB phones as thurber had mentioned so maybe the design language ought to be likewise?
    Just what I feel

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    10-13-16 09:52 PM
    Biggest reason for copying designs is because all phones are increasingly being fabricated by same manufacturers. Less machinery to retool results in lower cost. I guess since apple sets the trends, everyone else follows to reap the cost benefits.

 C L A S S I C
    10-13-16 09:59 PM
    It's a great selling phone that has the features and image people want. BlackBerry had that till it was no longer a status symbol to have one by the public. Then the bottom fell out with the help of a couple bad phones and a dated OS. Rest is history.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-13-16 11:51 PM
    I'm still not sure if I love the design. The 4:3 screen with the 4 row keyboard makes it look very tall. Having said that I hated the Passport design when I first saw it and now LOVE it. It's such a shame they didn't do better as it's the best device I've ever owned. As for iPhone design, I think some of them look quite nice but nothing too special. There's only so much you can do with a rounded rectangle. I thought the Note7 looked awesome for a slab and I don't like Android phones or slabs that much. But I guess everyone rips of the iPhone design because they're lazy and that's what sells... sadly.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-16 01:36 AM
    reason: (1) their customer want to look "rich" but don't want to pay the real thing - check how many counterfeit goods of polo shirt, Rolex watch out there. market is bigger than real rolex watch for sure. (2) their customer got sick and tired san-zai-ji that had bad performance and heavy weight... (3) it is cheaper to copy design and strip out expansive parts... but keep the same form fit "function"... (4) 3D printing and scanning made it easy to rapid copying some outline of the popular handsets... see (1). etc.etc. (just look at laundry machine, majority are all look the same... utilized the design, what ever it works become trend... small change here and there as long as it not cost a lot... share the parts with most popular brand is another way to save money on the cost side... apple does have advantage, with their own Ax chip... sammy can not share)
    10-14-16 10:29 AM
    Maybe someday the pkb will be popular again.
    That would be like manual transmission cars being popular again in the developed world. There are so many disadvantages to PKB with their moving parts, language exclusivity, taking up real estate, fixed orientation, and lack of flexibility that they won't be coming back. Even the Passport is partly VKB.
    JeepBB and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    10-14-16 10:48 AM
    Companies try to copy the look and feel of the iPhone because the iPhone makes Apple a lot of money, and those other companies making clone-phones hope it will make them rich too!

As that Bank Robber is supposed to have said when a reporter asked him why he robbed banks? (in a search of some deeply philosophical reason no doubt). "I rob banks because that's where the money is", came the robber's response.

Sometimes folk dig too deep for meaning.
    10-14-16 11:05 AM
    I don't think phones can have much variation in their design. You need a larg screen and a small bezel, that isn't uncomfortable in the pocket.
    10-14-16 11:43 AM
    I don't think phones can have much variation in their design. You need a larg screen and a small bezel, that isn't uncomfortable in the pocket.
    Yes. As long as we don't see foldable phones they are going to be rectangular slabs.
    10-14-16 12:55 PM
    Apple gave everyone what they wanted at the right time. No one has come up with something like that since. Lots of copies. Hipsters. It's all them Hipsters.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-16 01:00 PM
    That would be like manual transmission cars being popular again in the developed world. There are so many disadvantages to PKB with their moving parts, language exclusivity, taking up real estate, fixed orientation, and lack of flexibility that they won't be coming back. Even the Passport is partly VKB.
    On this note, apple is purchasing a company that makes e-ink keyboards. Just for laptops now, but can you imagine that tech in a BlackBerry pkb? It would be cool, plus the keyboard would be highly customizable, as you could change what letter / character a key will display.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport SE
    10-14-16 01:27 PM
    That would be like manual transmission cars being popular again in the developed world.
    You're not from Europe are you? :lol:
    10-14-16 01:33 PM
    Apple gave everyone what they wanted at the right time. No one has come up with something like that since. Lots of copies. Hipsters. It's all them Hipsters.

Posted via CB10
    not really, read the apple history book. there are Lisa, Newton, etc.... don't forget the wireless ear bud right now... they do not gave EVERYONE what they want. they sometime gave them what they DON'T know if they want or not... they do market well though.
    10-14-16 01:59 PM
    )
    If they hadn't put that push to click screen on the STORM, if they had add a little more RAM... things might have been different.
    Oh, man. Memories. That afternoon in the Verizon store with the Storm, that was when I knew there was trouble in Waterloo. But I had no clue then how bad it was, and would become.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-16 02:15 PM
    Because that's what we are as people. We live and breathe not in our own light but in that of others.
    Great comment.
    We as ppl usually try to model ourselves on someone else, rather than finding our own core competencies.
    Google's core C was/ is the search, it is no different now/ in other areas.
    10-14-16 02:58 PM
    Why were phones before copies of Nokia and BlackBerry's?
    10-14-16 11:15 PM
    Why were phones before copies of Nokia and BlackBerry's?
    Because that's what was popular and successful, just like the iPhone is now.
    JeepBB, TGR1 and shaleem like this.
    10-15-16 07:40 AM
    "Why do all upcoming phones want to be iPhone ripoffs?"

It's because some manufacturers are desperate and have no imagination, that's why.
    10-15-16 11:26 AM
    "Why do all upcoming phones want to be iPhone ripoffs?"

It's because some manufacturers are desperate and have no imagination, that's why.
    I expected better from Google at least given the price tag
    I know they want to compete with the iPhone.
    Not sure designing a similar phone is how you do it

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    10-15-16 11:56 AM
    Because that's what was popular and successful, just like the iPhone is now.
    It was a rhetorical question...
    10-15-16 01:14 PM
    I expected better from Google at least given the price tag
    I know they want to compete with the iPhone.
    Not sure designing a similar phone is how you do it

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    This has been going on for a while. At least since Steve Jobs wanted to go "thermonuclear" on Google... ;-D

�   "BB10 dead?" - "Let's dance the Danse MacaBBRY! ... or is it..?" ;-D   �
    10-15-16 01:39 PM
    Well, you got a non-rhetorical answer.
    10-15-16 06:05 PM
    Oh, so you really didn't want anyone to answer?
    10-15-16 06:41 PM
    well there is just so many ways you can make a smartphone.... rectangular win round corners
    10-15-16 07:38 PM
75 123