I feel this is a huge oversight. Im a Bell customer and was eager to use the 9930 with 4G and bridging my Playbook. I must say I am disappointed. If the new IPhone comes with LTE support my crapple friends will crucify me. The only phone I am aware of here with LTE support is the duesche Samsung Galaxy.
    09-15-11 11:20 PM
    Bridge cant even handle LTE speeds. It would be of no benefit.
    09-16-11 12:14 AM
    LTE sounds good, but it is a massive power hog and the chipsets are still too big for mid-size phones like the OS7 Blackberry's (and the iPhone). The last report I saw (a couple of months ago) said that LTE chipsets for mid-size phones aren't slated to arrive until mid-2012. There is always the potential for a surprise, but I can't imagine that a 1600mAH battery and a separate 4G chipset for data only will make into iPhone 5.

Given the choice between a huge phone with a huge battery that supports LTE, or a slim phone on HSPA+ that has decent battery life, I'd say that RIM made the right decision.
    Swamp55 likes this.
    09-16-11 09:26 AM
    I feel this is a huge oversight. Im a Bell customer and was eager to use the 9930 with 4G and bridging my Playbook. I must say I am disappointed. If the new IPhone comes with LTE support my crapple friends will crucify me. The only phone I am aware of here with LTE support is the duesche Samsung Galaxy.
    I would suspect you haven't researched this much before coming here and asking this.

the iPhone 5 from EVERY leak has been said to not be LTE compliant because Apple, and RIM both are waiting on single chip solutions for LTE Radios

Currently there are no mass produced single chip solutions, as a result LTE devices are required to have a LTE chip, and a CDMA/GSM chip to work on and off LTE networks, this is why every LTE device has a 4" screen or larger since the devices have to be bigger, for this added chip and need Bigger batterys, the Bold Battery being around 1230 mAh and the Samsung Galaxy 2 being around 1650 mAh both providing similar battery life.
    09-16-11 10:36 AM
    Also, OP has noone to blame but himself.....how long ago was the 99xx announced and how long have we known the specs.......it seems like forever ago.

Man up and make peace with your own decision.

Of course the OP has only the one post.....so I cannot correctly judge intent in posting.....
    09-16-11 12:30 PM
    I don't even think its possible yet. I'm not sure 4G speeds can even be sent through bluetooth. But hey, that what you have the wifi hotspot feature for right
    09-16-11 12:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD