I got mine to run my business when I'm out of the office. I do numerous endevours by email and monitor multiple accounts...this thing saves me so much time and headaches it's not even funny. Until another platform shows me they can out do BB over the long haul, I'm here to stay.
    09-07-10 12:51 PM
    Great question!

I got my BB pretty much to venture into the Smartphone world! Transitioning from a slider Sony Ericsson phone, any upgrade was welcome. So I tried out my cousins really old BB with the trackWHEEL and I was hooked. I loved the full querty keyboard! Really soon after, I got the BlackBerry Bold 9000, then of course, moved to the 9700 when it came out.

I use my BB for pretty much everything. Phone calls(obviously), SMS, MMS, Emails, BBM, Twitter, Facebook, etc etc. It's my connection to the world.

I'm considering switching over to an iPhone.. But I'm not sure yet. I'll surely miss BlackBerry if I do though!
    Last edited by chrisvee; 09-07-10 at 02:35 PM.
    09-07-10 02:27 PM
    It all started with a pearl 8130 for work. Since then I have had 5 more BB's for either work or personal use.
    09-07-10 04:30 PM
    Hello!
    I'm excited to have finally registered an account here at CrackBerry!
    I'm not unfamiliar with this forum. I read reviews regularly, and have read a few threads on the forums.
    I'm also looking into buying a Blackberry Bold 9700, even though I'm a sophomore.
    I have read that it is an excellent device, with a wonderfully intuitive hardware design and operating system. I want a Blackberry so I can integrate and combine all of my data, online activity, and manage my tasks and activities (I have quite enough of these ).

So, my questions are:

"Why did you need a Blackberry?" and "Why did you want a Blackberry?"

Thanks,
    Johnny
    I needed a reliable phone with push e-mail for my business needs, sync with outlook, and a qwerty keyboard for messaging. I wanted a Blackberry because it fulfilled all my needs and I like the form factor.
    09-07-10 10:07 PM
    I sold wireless for quite a few years and although I didn't have a BB back then, I loved selling them. I didn't really need one back then. I have had one for a couple of years now and don't know why I thought I didn't need it. But things happen for a reason and time is everything. I was having laptop issues for almost three months so having a BB really saved me. I will never be without and I really am liking the Bold 9650. I have had a few prior to the Bold and this one is a keeper. You will find many ways to encompass your BB to your personal life and your education. There is an app especially for students and you will find it most useful.
    09-07-10 11:29 PM
    Well i wanted a cool phone with a qwerty where i could aslo have some cool apps as i used to have in my palm, which died on me...

i never have felt attracted really to an iphone, and somehow the blackberry was saying hello to me and we both fell in love with eachother, so now we are bff's LOL...

i must say that i didn't know, even when i read a lot about it before i got it, that it was a bit different than other smartphones, so now i am waiting for my data plan to really experience it the way it should be...

i am pretty aware is not a toy, but i am not really a business person so i actually want to have it just because is a nice cool phone...

i am a bit of a geeky girl so i need to get my fix of internet/email/music and stuff wherever i am...

and to actually have all the really cool apps, my bf and me will be getting soon an ipod touch...
    Last edited by Ollin; 09-08-10 at 07:23 AM.
    09-08-10 07:01 AM

"Why did you need a Blackberry?" and "Why did you want a Blackberry?"

Thanks,
    Johnny
    Company insisted - but I am luvvin it just the same
    09-08-10 07:02 AM
    Hi,

This is my first post here...

I have always wanted a Blackberry because they are easy to use. I also did not want a touchscreen iPhone or Android based phone.

I had a cheap non-smartphone and a Palm before!

Leader.Desslock
    09-08-10 07:09 AM
    I originally had an iphone back when the 3g first came out and all my friends had blackberry, I was the only one in the group with an iphone and felt left out with the whole bbm thing so I got a blackberry 8330.. Then got the storm, but hated the clicky screen, went back to the 8330 then thought I'd try a bold 9000.. Loved it. Now I am on a bold 9700 and love it even more..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-10 07:24 AM
    After having owned virtually every type of smartphone, I decided to finally give BlackBerry a try. My dad had owned several, to include the Bold 9000. Prior to the Bold 9000, I didn't fine any BlackBerries appealing. Not even the curves. However, the Bold changed that. Also, my friend gave testament to the awesomeness of BlackBerry as a product. I was on Sprint and heard a lot about the CDMA version of the 9000 (the Tour). So I waited it out. When the Tour was released, I jumped on it. Heck, when I left Sprint for AT&T, I made sure to get a 9700 even though I had an iPhone.

I knew what BlackBerry had to offer since I'd done extensive research on the devices. However, it wasn't until I actually took the plunge and owned one where I realized I might have been missing out by not giving the Curve a try.
    Did I need a BlackBerry? No. Am I got one? Indeed.

09-08-10 07:30 AM
    i saw a lady using blackberry 10 years ago i think .. using old Bb .. i was hooked up
    n i said i want Bb ... and now im using Bb 8820 and satisfied with my needs at the moment ...
    09-08-10 07:33 AM
    Before I had my 8830WE, I looked like Batman. My belt held my RAZR, MP3 player, WinMo PDA, and sometimes a small portable camera. I wanted a smart phone to cut down on the "attachments", but still have access to PDA functions.

Back then, my choices were Pearl, 8830WE, or a WinMo device. I was already frustrated with WinMo, so I decided to give BlackBerry a try. I've been with a BlackBerry ever since.

I have my BlackBerry pretty much set up to do everything I need. I can run my business from my BB (something I couldn't do as easily with my WinMo device), take orders, process credit cards, send e-mails, update my facebook (including business pages), twitter, blog, and even log onto my office computer and laptop. I'm a huge social networking junkie, as well as being on AIM, GT, YM, WLM, ICQ, and now BBM. I even started using GPS-based apps (even when I had my 8830).

I'm sure I could probably switch to a different platform, but I have everything set up into a system that works for me. Switching platforms means switching a lot of apps as well. I was much easier to switch over to a Tour (and hopefully a Bold or if something new comes out in the next year) and keep using the apps I already have.
    09-08-10 08:28 AM
    Oh, forgot to mention UMA calling, that was one of the reasons I bought my first blackberry as orange uk signal was pretty bad at my house.

09-08-10 01:45 PM
    I use my BB for running my business out in the field, I deal with a lot of emails and .pdf files everyday, and it allows me to email sections of house plans, color charts etc... To my contractors to ensure work gets done correctly. I have had numerous other smart phones (iphone, sony, htc, palm) just to name a few lol. But I always go back to my beloved berry. I recently got my Bold 9700 and I am beyond happy with this phone, I won't use anything other than a blackberry now.
    09-08-10 10:04 PM
    my first post in this thread..

1. simple answer... I need a Phone.
    2. not so simple answer.... i had it with my iphones... 3G then 3GS.. the battery life is really killing me.. and i have an ipod touch and an ipad so having another iphone is simply redundant..
    as i've said i need a phone... and Blackberry is a BETTER phone than any iphone.
    09-08-10 10:15 PM
    I wanted a phone with a keyboard, that was my main deciding factor. I didn't want any of that side slide keyboard nonsense, I wanted the BB style keyboard. I was on US Cellular at the time, and I was due for an upgrade, so I went in and looked at the options, 8330, 8830, Moto Q, Moto Q2 (?). Went back, did some research on the devices, the comparisons, reviews, stuff like that, then went back to the store to make my decision. I was trying to decide between the Moto Q, which I could have gotten for about half the price of the Curve, or the 8330. In the end, I went with the Curve, and it was well worth the additional price. When I got the device I had very limited knowlege of what the device could do, and thru reading up on stuff here my eyes were opened to all aspects of the BB platform. I rolled with that Curve for about 2 years, it was such an awesome device... Switched over to VZW back in November and picked up a Tour, couldn't be happier.

Barring any unforseen circumstances, as long as BlackBerries are being made and are available to consumers, I will always have one in my hand. Fantastic devices.
    09-09-10 08:57 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD