Hi,

I am not sure if something is wrong with my phone, and I don't know what to do proceeding this situation.

(Sidenote - not sure if this is related, but my bbm's did not send today until i reset my phone... then they all went through.)

I just got a call from a local 911 dispatch center saying that I called 911. They knew my location, and name. I told them I didn't and apologized. I checked my last dialed called, and there's nothing for the past 2 hours. Then I called the local police, and they said that they showed a call from my phone and number, despite the fact that I did not dial 911 nor did I accidentally push those buttons.

I called ATT, and they are going to see if they can figure out what happened. Anyone have any info? What could've happened, and what should I do? Could there be a problem with the phone... all of a sudden? Even so, why would this happen?

Thanks.
    10-01-09 11:40 PM
    Was your phone locked? There is an option when the phone is locked that you can still make an emergency call.

I read in a couple of other threads that people were accidently calling 911 when there phone was locked & the button was pressed by mistake.

That's the only thing that I can think of.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-09 12:26 AM
    I have done this once, I must have accidentally knocked the keypad in just the right (or wrong!?!) as I took it from my pocket, perhaps this is what you have done. I noticed straight away so no harm done, but I didnt think to check to see if it would place an entry in the call log, I just assumed it would.
    10-02-09 04:39 AM
    It doesn't add an entry to your call log. your phone goes into "emergency mode" and doesn't allow incoming calls while on call. Easy to do.
    10-02-09 05:36 AM
    just to prove it, dial 911 push send, then hang up. It won't show in your call log.

End of discussion.
    10-02-09 05:37 AM
    Wow-sounds like a cry for help.

Let me ask you-when was the last time you bought a screensaver or gel pack for your phone? When was the last time you showed it to a friend and bragged about how awesome your phone is? When was the last time you gently and lovingly swabbed the cracks and crevices with a Q-Tip?

Your phone might be suffering from neglect. Remember-phones have feelings too!
    10-02-09 07:17 AM
    Wow-sounds like a cry for help.

Let me ask you-when was the last time you bought a screensaver or gel pack for your phone? When was the last time you showed it to a friend and bragged about how awesome your phone is? When was the last time you gently and lovingly swabbed the cracks and crevices with a Q-Tip?

Your phone might be suffering from neglect. Remember-phones have feelings too!

HAHA thats great.

When I had my pearl i hated this anytime i locked the phone. Hence the reason I put it on standby all the time. On my Bold though, it doesn't have the Emergency call button unless it's in standby, which is why my phone is always locked.

I've called 911 atleast 4 times when i had my pearl, and each time the dispatcher would laugh and say "well glad everythings ok"

I wonder how many people they get each day like this?
    10-02-09 07:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD