After thinking about the recent poll on the front page of CB about battery life/size, I thought, "Why is it one or the other when there's already phones in existence for months that have both?"

The RAZR MAXX is thin (it's just as this as the 9900 if not thinner) and packs a 3,300mah battery that lasts all day, copmared to the JM-1 battery that is less than HALF that capacity, which means I have to find a charger 2-3 times a day just to make it through my work day.

"Well, why don't you just get a spare battery then?"

Because, if boot times were 100% consistently reliable and can boot up in less than 60 seconds like my old 2.3 Android Motorola phone, then that wouldn't be much of a hassle. My cell phone is my life line and with the amount of email, text messaging, and phone calls I do in an HOUR, I can't risk having the phone "hang" while it's trying to boot up (which happens ALOT); I've had boot times from 4-15 minutes.

But even if the boot time was pretty consistently quick, I do NOT want to carry around spare batteries. For my kind of work day, I need something that can be charged in a couple hours (like overnight while I'm sleeping), be taken off the charger at 6am, provide about 7 hours worth of total talk time, do about 300-500 text/emails, all with wifi on, and provide enough juice to a cell phone in a spotty-reception-building... and not have to be placed on the charger again til about 10 or 11pm.

Can I get an "Amen" ?!?!
    08-16-12 01:14 PM
    And you know for a fact that the Razr Maxx will do everything you're asking BB10 to do battery wise?
    08-16-12 01:17 PM
    And you know for a fact that the Razr Maxx will do everything you're asking BB10 to do battery wise?
    It has, and it does... for the most part. At least much, much, better than any BB offering right now.

I'm not saying that the RAZR MAXX is the final solution, but its a good step in the right direction.

Just imagine, the efficiency of QNX, with a 3,000mah+ battery...
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    08-16-12 01:19 PM
    With the added overall size of the Razr Maxx and expected size of the BB10 devices being similar, I'm sure that we will see a much improved battery in the future.
    08-16-12 01:38 PM
    I'd like better battery life in my 9900, but nowhere near as much as I don't want any Android crap.

Disclaimer: The above message is solely the opinion of the poster and not necessarily representative of this forum, its management, its sponsors or its other members ... although it could be.

Flame suit on.
    Kush_Chadha likes this.
    08-16-12 02:27 PM
    I'd like better battery life in my 9900, but nowhere near as much as I don't want any Android crap.

Disclaimer: The above message is solely the opinion of the poster and not necessarily representative of this forum, its management, its sponsors or its other members ... although it could be.

Flame suit on.
    Someone please put the bear back in his cage!!

08-16-12 02:38 PM
    That's weird, I would have thought the 9900 would get you through the day on a single charge.

But with the new phones being larger than the 9900, I'm sure they'll have more space to put the battery.
    08-16-12 02:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD