Why CIOs prefer BlackBerry mobility solution - CIOL News Reports

BB seems to be really hitting it off in India, i see lots of positive articles coming out of there. And thats good, over a billion people live there.
    03-08-12 08:43 AM
    Waiting for the usual suspects to show up and point out how India is a third world country and if RIM is doing well here then it means it's a poor man's phone.

Got my coke and popcorn ready....1,2,3,4....
    currentodysseys and kbz1960 like this.
    03-08-12 08:52 AM
    Who really cares how RIM is doing in India anyway because here in the US, oh wait I'm in the US and I love my BlackBerry.

OK thought I'd pretend to start something there, anyway its good that RIM is expanding into other countries across the globe and focusing more on emerging markets. Most people that follow the BlackBerry development are so focused on the up and coming BB10 that it's easy to forget to appreciate that BB7 is very good at what it does and is much more viable of a solution in countries without carrier subsidized pricing. RIM can be very successful here and will carry them through to the BB10 release.
    It's a very smart thing for them to do. You don't keep trying to sell ice to people in the arctic, but if you go to the desert soon the money will pour in. If you aren't making sales in a targeted market, target another until you have a product that will fare better.
    Personally, I love my 9930 and it serves me very well. I really think that BB10 will be a viable comeback for RIM and BlackBerry in countries like the US, until then sell the current product where it will sell best. Get in the door every place that you can. It will pave the way to the future.

Cheers
    Last edited by axllebeer; 03-08-12 at 09:46 AM.
    03-08-12 09:43 AM
    Waiting for the usual suspects to show up and point out how India is a third world country and if RIM is doing well here then it means it's a poor man's phone.

Got my coke and popcorn ready....1,2,3,4....
    RIM has been doing very well in India for a long time, and should continue to do so based on BBM.

However, there is no contradiction in not calling India a 3rd world country, but still pointing out that being a market leader in India (where they largely sell Curves, and not Bolds) but declining everywhere else is not a path to success for RIM.
    03-09-12 12:47 AM
    Sure, India's ecomoy is growing more than 9% and it's hub for IT outsourcing which requires security, compliance and stuff. India is running ONLY 5000 BES servers !! means nothing for poor country ??
    morganplus8 likes this.
    03-09-12 01:58 AM
    ^^^^ like what?
    03-09-12 08:58 AM
    They average consumer couldn't care less about that addicted44.

Very happy to see research in motion exploding in emerging markets in different parts of the world!
    Appreciate what blackberry OS 7 has to offer, it's really good! My 9900 is what I need, use and adore as a great communications device. I am glad I hate it. I would be a hobbit if I didn't get it!
    03-09-12 12:00 PM
    CIO's - worldwide - will come back to love BBies when they will check the bill ...
    (if I dare) "Pleased to meet you ... hope you guess my name" : compression ...
    03-10-12 06:56 PM
    Who really cares how RIM is doing in India anyway because here in the US, oh wait I'm in the US and I love my BlackBerry.

OK thought I'd pretend to start something there, anyway its good that RIM is expanding into other countries across the globe and focusing more on emerging markets. Most people that follow the BlackBerry development are so focused on the up and coming BB10 that it's easy to forget to appreciate that BB7 is very good at what it does and is much more viable of a solution in countries without carrier subsidized pricing. RIM can be very successful here and will carry them through to the BB10 release.
    It's a very smart thing for them to do. You don't keep trying to sell ice to people in the arctic, but if you go to the desert soon the money will pour in. If you aren't making sales in a targeted market, target another until you have a product that will fare better.
    Personally, I love my 9930 and it serves me very well. I really think that BB10 will be a viable comeback for RIM and BlackBerry in countries like the US, until then sell the current product where it will sell best. Get in the door every place that you can. It will pave the way to the future.

Cheers
    No intention to offend but read through your post again and maybe you will realise some microcosmic thinking overtook your keyboard...they should have sold their product to other countries in a different way earlier they just messed up and the competition took over the markets... All i say is they are picking up and this is a good thing as i love blackberry. Also the pricing policy (at least european markets is way higher than in the us....this is a problem for RIM, when you change markets environments you have to adopt your marketing mix and position locally if you hope to get segments of the market and they fail to do that while many of their competitors do....I am sorry for my post but your input, apart from been out of the can, can be to the edge of crossing the offensive line.
    Peace.
    Ps: i live in europe.
    Ps2: of course you must know that india is one of the prominent IT and soft dev powers globally??
    My comment was edited to get rid of the "emotional" portion of my first reply. Sorry
    Last edited by currentodysseys; 03-12-12 at 06:13 AM.
    03-12-12 05:51 AM
    Get rid of emotion?!? Heavens, that's the normal way of doing things!
    Just kidding!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    currentodysseys likes this.
    03-12-12 07:33 AM
    This is good, however I new they were doing good in India!
    03-12-12 07:41 AM
    Get rid of emotion?!? Heavens, that's the normal way of doing things!
    Just kidding!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lol! Research In (e)Motion.....

Instead of suppressing it i say manage it or it ll come back at ya lol!

Ps:love your signature
    Last edited by currentodysseys; 03-12-12 at 07:57 AM.
    03-12-12 07:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD