yeah i really like the performance and syncing of gmail on my berry. I also have the gmail app on there so that I can access my entire inbox or if i feel like using it.
    The Gmail setup on BB let's you romote search for older emails if you need them too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    TheQ805 likes this.
    06-27-11 06:58 PM
    I personally like the productivity/communications of the blackberry. 6 emails, 4 Calendars & 4 twitter accounts #simplified

06-27-11 07:25 PM
    Gmail is already pretty integrated with contacts/calendar sync and folders, what more do you expect from it?
    The integration isn't bad but I think the iPhone email integration is better.
    06-27-11 07:58 PM
    Another reason to choose blackberry over iphone is keyboard shortcuts. I love using and finding new keyboard shortcuts.

bgriff25 likes this.
    06-27-11 08:10 PM
    Gmail is already pretty integrated with contacts/calendar sync and folders, what more do you expect from it?
    Gmail on a Blackberry is very weak. The experience on an iphone or Android is far superior. On Android and iphone the mobile and the PC has 2 way and instant sync.

Read an email on your PC and it is marked as read on the Android and iPhone instantly. Delete an email on your PC and it is deleted instantly on your Android and iphone. Archive an email on your PC and it is archived on your Android and iphone. On the Blackberry, this type of syncing takes 1 to 9 hours.

You have full access to all your color labels on the Android and iphone.

Gmail on the Android and iphone is far superior to the Blackberry.
    06-27-11 08:28 PM
    I don't get the 'entertainment = iPhone' and 'business/communication = blackberry' thing. You can do both on both devices.
    At the end of the day it probably boils down to whether it is a touchscreen. Those are a nuisance for typing and scrolling, but at the same time add much more versatility. Business and communication use primarily involves e-mail and such, and entertainment use primarily involves interactivity. And most if not all BlackBerries are keyboard devices, whereas Apple does not offer such an option. So... iPhone = entertainment and BB = business.

I will also add that not having a touchscreen allows the phone to be much more compact. My 9670 flip phone goes with me EVERYWHERE I go, so long as it is above water. If I had an iPhone, I would be leaving it someplace safe most of the time.
    06-27-11 09:13 PM
    Gmail on a Blackberry is very weak. The experience on an iphone or Android is far superior. On Android and iphone the mobile and the PC has 2 way and instant sync.

Read an email on your PC and it is marked as read on the Android and iPhone instantly. Delete an email on your PC and it is deleted instantly on your Android and iphone. Archive an email on your PC and it is archived on your Android and iphone. On the Blackberry, this type of syncing takes 1 to 9 hours.

You have full access to all your color labels on the Android and iphone.

Gmail on the Android and iphone is far superior to the Blackberry.
    Yes, the biggest problem with Blackberries is BIS.
    06-28-11 07:43 AM
    Yes, the biggest problem with Blackberries is BIS.
    Blackberry makes a lot of money off of BES so they are going to give the consumer a very crippled BIS, so that the BES thiefdom is protected.

The problem is that iphone and Android users get a full BES experience for free. This and the lack of applications is why Blackberry is getting clobbered in the consumer market.

The Bozo's running RIM don't get it.

I don't care how nice the QNX phones are if BIS can't give me the email functionality that was available on Android and iphone 3 years ago. What a joke.
    06-28-11 06:16 PM
    This is one of the reasons I don't like the iphone and prefer the Blackberry.
    bgriff25 likes this.
    06-28-11 06:18 PM
    This is one of the reasons I don't like the iphone and prefer the Blackberry.

Not sure I understand; don't you proof your messages before sending?
    06-28-11 06:53 PM
    Not sure I understand; don't you proof your messages before sending?
    My Blackberry never makes mistakes like this.
    06-28-11 07:03 PM
    My Blackberry never makes mistakes like this.
    You do realize that you can turn the auto correct off... Don't you?
    06-28-11 07:17 PM
    While I think the blackberry messages "app" is excellent, I certainly agree that BIS and lack of true imap is a bit disappointing...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    06-28-11 07:50 PM
    I hate having to go out of whatever you're doing to go to the Settings app to change anything. I much prefer the Options accessibility from the menu with the BB and the PB pull-down is more of the same goodness.

We've also had a lot of iPhone users having trouble with the iOS version of multitasking. Starting an app is very easy, but closing them becomes rather irritating. Double-click Home to see the apps, press and hold to get a close function. Can't close the app you were in when you double-tapped the Home button, must change apps and then double tap again. And people seem to forget how to get there since is not really intuitive.
    06-28-11 07:50 PM
    Blackberry makes a lot of money off of BES so they are going to give the consumer a very crippled BIS, so that the BES thiefdom is protected.

The problem is that iphone and Android users get a full BES experience for free. This and the lack of applications is why Blackberry is getting clobbered in the consumer market.

The Bozo's running RIM don't get it.

I don't care how nice the QNX phones are if BIS can't give me the email functionality that was available on Android and iphone 3 years ago. What a joke.
    Yes, I really don't care about QNX. I would be happy with a BB which had direct IMAP and EAS support.
    06-28-11 09:15 PM
    Why don't you just demand a 7 inch iPad with Flash? Lol
    06-29-11 12:03 AM
    Simply state it: E-mail, battery life, lossless video, memory card, additional browsers, apps (don't really care for them), physical qwerty keyboard, replaceable battery, extended batteries, microUSB to charge/sync/transfer data/backup/restore, security, themes. No need to jailbreak in order to gain full-functionality and unrestricted use of anything.

I'm sticking with blackberry.

06-29-11 07:01 AM
    At the end of the day it probably boils down to whether it is a touchscreen. Those are a nuisance for typing and scrolling, but at the same time add much more versatility. Business and communication use primarily involves e-mail and such, and entertainment use primarily involves interactivity. And most if not all BlackBerries are keyboard devices, whereas Apple does not offer such an option. So... iPhone = entertainment and BB = business.

I will also add that not having a touchscreen allows the phone to be much more compact. My 9670 flip phone goes with me EVERYWHERE I go, so long as it is above water. If I had an iPhone, I would be leaving it someplace safe most of the time.
    I don't even get your argument here. Because of a physical keyboard it means a phone is for business? That doesn't even make sense. I can type faster on my iphone that I ever could on any of my blackberries.

I hate having to go out of whatever you're doing to go to the Settings app to change anything. I much prefer the Options accessibility from the menu with the BB and the PB pull-down is more of the same goodness.

We've also had a lot of iPhone users having trouble with the iOS version of multitasking. Starting an app is very easy, but closing them becomes rather irritating. Double-click Home to see the apps, press and hold to get a close function. Can't close the app you were in when you double-tapped the Home button, must change apps and then double tap again. And people seem to forget how to get there since is not really intuitive.
    It's easy to close out an app on the iphone. Just as easy as on a bb. If not a tad easier.
    06-29-11 01:53 PM
    I dunno, I have never been a fan of limiting yourself to touchscreens with no physical keys. Most top phones in tech specs these days are designed with that form factor in mind and just seem highly impractical and most have weak battery life too.

I am really hoping this whole touchscreen only form factor is a fad, along with the large slab design too. For awhile making phones really small was a fad too, until web browsing became part of the phone experience, so now they make them bigger than ever. It looks like touch only phones are here to stay though, I just don't get the appeal. To me it seems cheap and artificial.

I am not going to sit her and talk security as a reason to keep BB over iPhone since the majority of users, its a non-issue.

The form factor to me for a BB is still superior in my eyes to these touch only phones. And I own a Torch 9800, so I have the functionality of both. I am more prone to do everything on the trackpad/ QWERTY keyboard and only use the touch screen when I have to. But I do enjoy the larger display than other BB's.
    06-29-11 07:47 PM
94 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD