why does it have to be so difficult to print anything from my blackberry?
    my old s3 has it built right in to be able to print an email.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 07:56 AM
    I have always wondered that... it should be just another shared option.
    03-20-15 08:12 AM
    Yes, we need more options to be able to print to external printers. If BlackBerry can make native Facebook apps and twitter, why can't BlackBerry make printer drivers and apps for our BlackBerry 10 devices??

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2558
    03-20-15 08:15 AM
    I wonder about that too.

  
    03-20-15 08:17 AM
    the only way I can print that I know of to my WiFi printer is to send it to the printer like an an email, and sometimes it works on the first try and sometimes you have to send it multiple times.
    seems like this should be standard especially since blackberry is supposed to be a businessman phone

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-20-15 08:39 AM
    the only way I can print that I know of to my WiFi printer is to send it to the printer like an an email, and sometimes it works on the first try and sometimes you have to send it multiple times.
    seems like this should be standard especially since blackberry is supposed to be a businessman phone

Posted via CB10
    Yes, this is a core function that is missing. We can "print" to our phone, but we can't print from our phone.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2558
    03-20-15 09:11 AM
    You would think being an Enterprise centric company BlackBerry would have figured this out by now.

Nope. The light bulb still glows dimly in Waterloo.

BlackBerry hates America!
    kbz1960 and mikeo007 like this.
    03-20-15 09:19 AM
    There is a very good app call PrintHand that can print to any wifi or shared networked printer directly from BlackBerry phones.

Some printers do not have email print addresses, so that is not a wide spread solution.

I can send a doc to PrintHand via the Share menu.

The problem with making a phone work with all printers directly is the fact that there is no universal print driver...each model is quite specific. You'd need hundreds of drivers available to the phone. PrintHand overcomes this by using a cloud based database...You download the right driver on demand when selecting the printer model.
    Yes, a phone OS could incorporate this method.

This Passport takes me places!
    03-20-15 09:52 AM
    I have a brother wireless printer and I use the android app to print wirelessly with ease! I think it is called iprint & scan but for Brother only
    03-20-15 09:55 AM
    There is a very good app call PrintHand that can print to any wifi or shared networked printer directly from BlackBerry phones.
    Yes, PrintHand works really well, and I have used its Android version successfully in several occasions. I just wish BB had a similar native app that was as good. Having a great Print function is pretty much a must for a business phone!
    03-20-15 10:22 AM