So, where did this name come from? The BB is deliciously wonderful to use, is that it? Great name though, however it came about
    04-11-08 12:13 PM
    RIM settled on the name "BlackBerry" only after weeks of work by Lexicon Branding Inc., the Sausalito, California-based firm that named Intel Corp.’s Pentium microprocessor and Apple’s PowerBook. One of the naming experts at Lexicon thought the miniature buttons on RIM’s product looked "like the tiny seeds in a strawberry," Lexicon founder David Placek says. "A linguist at the firm thought straw was too slow sounding. Someone else suggested blackberry. RIM went for it." Previously the device was called LeapFrog, alluding to the technology leaping over the current competition.
    04-11-08 12:29 PM
    Interesting!

Chaz is a plethera of knowledge!
    04-11-08 12:36 PM
    RIM settled on the name "BlackBerry" only after weeks of work by Lexicon Branding Inc., the Sausalito, California-based firm that named Intel Corp.�s Pentium microprocessor and Apple�s PowerBook. One of the naming experts at Lexicon thought the miniature buttons on RIM�s product looked "like the tiny seeds in a strawberry," Lexicon founder David Placek says. "A linguist at the firm thought straw was too slow sounding. Someone else suggested blackberry. RIM went for it." Previously the device was called LeapFrog, alluding to the technology leaping over the current competition.
    isn't leapfrog some childrens learning thing now? or is it something else??
    04-11-08 12:55 PM
    Interesting!

nope. just good with Google. lol
    04-11-08 01:00 PM
    isn't leapfrog some childrens learning thing now? or is it something else??
    Yes it is:
    Educational Toys and Games for Math and Reading
    04-11-08 01:01 PM
    nope. just good with Google. lol
    Google-fu. u haz it.

lolchaz!
    04-11-08 01:25 PM
    Huh...I must say, the explanation is a little disappointing. I was expecting some crazy story. But now I know, so thanks

And hello Heather, I'm a Heather, too! (Heather BB abusers UNITE)
    04-11-08 01:27 PM
    i knew i had some smarticles...
    04-11-08 01:27 PM
    Huh...I must say, the explanation is a little disappointing. I was expecting some crazy story. But now I know, so thanks

And hello Heather, I'm a Heather, too! (Heather BB abusers UNITE)
    Hiiiiiii
    04-11-08 01:29 PM
    I've always wondered why they call it Blackberry..

04-11-08 01:32 PM
    Leap Frog games are the best educational toys! I cant imagine calling a phone that though =]
    04-11-08 01:33 PM
    Thanks for the history lesson Chaz. Even if it was false, that sounds perfect and realistic. I actually like learning why certain companies name things.
    04-11-08 01:36 PM
    I learned something new today! lol Thanks chaz...
    04-11-08 02:15 PM
    Interesting!

Nice, already kinda knew that, but how often do you get to use the word "plethera"
    04-11-08 06:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD