why do ppl bother to buy bluetooth headset when there are many problem headset?

why don't you just get regular head set with microphone?
    09-15-08 09:37 AM
    For me, it's the inconvenience of the cord. I've tried the earbuds that come with the BlackBerry, and I always snag the cord and pull the speaker out of my ear. I don't use them for hands-free while driving, but rather for hands-free while moving around the office or typing.
    09-15-08 10:49 AM
    Bluetooth works fine.
    09-15-08 11:03 AM
    You're fortunate it works for you. I know what user sito is referring to. There seems to be a bunch of users who have no problems with any bluetooth headset, and another group who have problems with every bluetooth headset. Of course, the problem group posts much more frequently than the satisfied users, so it's hard to tell what percentage has a problem. My old 7250 had no problems. Unfortunately I lost the Plantronics headset I used with it about the time I got my 8830. I've tried three headsets with the 8830 and can't get one to work reliably.
    09-15-08 11:15 AM
    I have used a Motorola H700 with my razr since they first came out. Being the frugal individual that I am I am still using that same headset with my 8330.

You are correct in that you typically only hear about the folks having problems....
    09-15-08 11:19 AM
    I have used a Motorola H700 with my razr since they first came out. Being the frugal individual that I am I am still using that same headset with my 8330.

You are correct in that you typically only hear about the folks having problems....
    Complaints come in batches. One post about a problem will typically draw out two or three others who have the same issue, and either assumed they were the only one, or assumed the situation was normal. There haven't been many bluetooth complaints lately. There were a bunch for a while, back in the spring. It makes me wonder if there might have been a bad lot of bluetooth chips that got put in phones manufactured during a certain time period, and that have now all gotten out of the distribution pipeline. Maybe people buying new phones now, or new models, won't have the problem. We can hope. I really hate that I lost my known good Plantronics 320 headset just before getting my 8830.
    09-15-08 11:26 AM
    I know a lot of people think Bluetooth is Bluetooth and they call in for help but all we do is make sure it�s turned on. So if they still need help we transfer them over to the manufacture and they have compatibility lists. If it isn�t on the list it probably won�t work right if at all.
    09-15-08 01:19 PM
    I'd just assumed "Bluetooth is Bluetooth." Never gave it a thought til I read your post. So I went looking for the Plantronics compatibility chart. I'm astonished. The 8830 isn't listed! The 8800 and 8820 are there, but no 8830. I guess it's time to look at Motorola and Blue Ant... Thanks for the info.
    09-15-08 03:04 PM
    No problem. Glad to help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-08 03:40 PM
    Well, it seems to me, that bluetooth SHOULD be bluetooth... Haha...

It's an industry standard protocol afterall. Why some work better with some phones, I don't get it.

But yes, I've had some headsets definitely work great on certain phones, and not others... And some phones work well with many headsets but not some, as well. And one of the best sounding headsets I've had was a cheapie, massive sized plantronics m-3000.

I don't even use one these days as I can't find one I feel works well enough on my 8830.
    09-16-08 08:22 AM
    Bluetooth is not just bluetooth.
    There are different versions and protocols.
    1.0, 1.0B, 1.1, 1.2, 2.0, 2.1, EDR, A2DP, others in the works.
    09-16-08 08:50 AM
    Aware of the different versions and take that into account.

Not so aware of the different protocols I guess...

Something that needs to be standardize at some point really. Causes a lot of issues to normal users that don't seek out the real infomation.

Most average people I know have had bad experiences and won't try several 50-100 dollar units to find a usable one and then just don't like bluetooth in general at that point...
    09-16-08 09:00 AM
    Jeff, couldn't that be because the 8830 is the newest version? Perhaps the compatibility list hasn't been updated in a while?
    12-24-08 02:03 AM
    i have used countless BT headsets, and so far the best for calls for me on a multitude of devices has been the Plantronics 655.
    Best for music by far was the Motorola S9

2nd best is the Moto H15 for calls, and i havent bothered with a different stereo headset yet.
    12-24-08 09:44 AM
    Jeff, couldn't that be because the 8830 is the newest version? Perhaps the compatibility list hasn't been updated in a while?
    I think it's more likely due to the 8830 being a CDMA phone, while the 8800 and 8820 are GSM. I recently purchased a Blueant V1. So far it's working great with my 8830. I had an hour-long telecon earlier this week without a problem.
    12-24-08 03:14 PM
    I have to agree with Jeff, I also just got the Blueant V1 to use with my 8830. It has been working great for me. I am on my phone about 2000 min a month and have had no compaints so far. Matter of fact, when my co-workers see that I have a new bluetooth, they have commented that they had no idea I had been talking to them through a headset, even when I'm driving. Blueant V1 rocks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-08 09:46 PM
    why do ppl bother to buy bluetooth headset when there are many problem headset?

why don't you just get regular head set with microphone?

The long and the short of it . . I don't know! I have bought 4 bluetooth headsets and hate every one of them! The last one, a jawbone, was quite expensive. I can never seem to get used to them and they end up being given away. Just my 2 cents
    12-24-08 09:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD