02-01-13 01:41 PM
54 123
tools
    Anyone remember what the topic was about ?
    wow.
    02-01-13 01:07 PM
    for christ sakes, there's a bunch of debbie downers here. blah blah..were blind fanboys blah blah..were stuck in the past. blah blah blah... on the other hand, its quite entertaining how some of you react to these pessimists aka realists. whatever because in the end, someone will say something that someone will not like. hey realists, your in a blackberry fan site. having fun stirring sh!t up? yeah you must be..lol
    silversun10 likes this.
    02-01-13 01:08 PM
    Maybe I am nieve here but isn't the buy and selling of stock just peter taking from paul, it isn't BB's money at this point, perhaps it might affect their viability, but if the stock goes low enough couldn't BB just buy it all and go private. The stock price, in the current environment anyway, doesn't reflect on the product in any meaningful way, except that someone keeps thinking and stating that it does, or do people really by cell phone and smart phones based on stock performance? I won't, but I guess some do. Seems a pointless discussion in a tech forum like CB?
    02-01-13 01:18 PM
    Maybe I am nieve here but isn't the buy and selling of stock just peter taking from paul, it isn't BB's money at this point, perhaps it might affect their viability, but if the stock goes low enough couldn't BB just buy it all and go private. The stock price, in the current environment anyway, doesn't reflect on the product in any meaningful way, except that someone keeps thinking and stating that it does, or do people really by cell phone and smart phones based on stock performance? I won't, but I guess some do. Seems a pointless discussion in a tech forum like CB?
    That's important. (my take, with probably several language errors, pls excuse)
    Very Roughly : the valuation of the company stock defines its strength and presumes its ability to grow.
    To grow, you need money and when you're the competitor (not the leader), sooner or later, you have to borrow it.
    If your stock value is under the sum of all your assets (book value), you're not in position to get any finance aboard, by any means.
    Then, you're in danger because if you dry your cash, you're in bankruptcy situation, that might lead to various scenario, including being sell apart. That's the danger, and that's why some have been rumoring BlackBerry wanted to go private ... witch is also kind of problematic when your direct opponents level their value with stock and hit the 10th of Billions. They can "do money with money" while you cannot : you're dead.
    ricocan likes this.
    02-01-13 01:41 PM
54 123