Im very confused as to why people are complaining about BB10 specs. Do a side by side comparison of the specs both the z10 and z30 outdo one of the best selling phones in the market, the iphone 5/5s faster processor, more memory, better front facing camera, higher pixel density, longer battery life,, faster browsing, more efficient messaging, better call quality and speakers. The z10 is older than the 5s and still outperforms the 5s and has faster processor and the z30 leaves the 5s way behind as it has an even faster processor than the z10. With iphones needing to be charged 20 times a day and dying while at 20% battery remaining and with all the issues they have why are people complaining about blackberry not having as good specs as other phones?? People are even complaining about the new q20 coming out and thats a beast of a phone. The z10 and q10 and z10 are already high end phones and blackberry is making even better phones so people need to stop complaining. And before someone comments about how its not just about the processor its about the OS then think twice about laggy and inefficient the iOS is.

You dont see people with iphone 5. /5s complain about their specs even though they have lower specs. So someone please clarify this negativity and pessimism of blackberry users.

Posted via CB10
    Donnierock, sin-co and CerveloJohn like this.
    04-21-14 07:20 PM
    You're not a good representative for the BB user as you don't have stats for half the stuff you state as fact. Z10/Z30 faster GPU/CPU than 5S? What are you smoking..
    04-21-14 07:24 PM
    You're not a good representative for the BB user as you don't have stats for half the stuff you state as fact.
    Im not stating extraordinary knowledge im stating facts based on user experience having owned all sorts of phones and from doing comparisons. Are you not aware of the specs for the phones I am discussing did you just hear it now for the first time that blackberry z30 has a faster processor than iphone. Sorry didnt know I would have ignorant readers who miss the point of the article and get caught on things that dont have to do with what the article is about. Or readers who dont even know the basics of phones.

Posted via CB10
    CerveloJohn and Donnierock like this.
    04-21-14 07:31 PM
    iPhones use custom-designed CPU/GPUs, so there's no direct basis for comparison. Plus, people buy iPhones for the industrial design of the phones, the ease of use, high-level of integration, camera quality, and the huge ecosystem of apps, media, accessories, and cloud services. Thus, it makes little sense to compare iPhone hardware with BB hardware.

BB is compared to Android and WinPhones because they all use off-the-shelf Qualcomm components that CAN be directly compared to each other. And given that BB runs Android apps, and because Android owns 80% of the smartphone market, the comparison to Android phones is only natural.
    04-21-14 07:40 PM
    Troy you can still benchmark the different phones with app/programs that they all can run; a comparison can be done even though the underlying architecture is different. For example Anandtechs review of the Samsung S5 or since BB users like Geekbench use that.

User experience is a different kettle of fish and whatever OP thinks about that is valid since its an individual experience.
    04-21-14 07:47 PM
    OP, you're completely wrong on some of your points, especially regarding the processor speed. The iPhone 5s SCORCHES just about any phone in benchmark tests. Just because a processor is "faster" doesn't make it better. And also you're cherry picking features from 2 BlackBerry phones and comparing it to the 5s as if it's just one BlackBerry phone. For example you say BlackBerry has a better pixel density and then say has better battery life and better speakers. Where one BlackBerry excels, the other fails. And how do you know the Q20 is a beast of a phone? For all we know it could turn out to be more mid-low end. My goodness...just so much facepalm.

Photo a Day: C002B5A07, my amateur photography Channel
    04-21-14 07:49 PM
    Thank you for your response. That makes sense to me. I just dont see why people put down BlackBerry so much. I know android has superior specs but I dont find their os to be as good. And they get slower over time and get viruses and have all sorts of issues. Im just trying to say that the problem with BlackBerry is not its specs like a lot of people are making it seem.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 07:49 PM
    OP, you're completely wrong on some of your points, especially regarding the processor speed. The iPhone 5s SCORCHES just about any phone in benchmark tests. Just because a processor is "faster" doesn't make it better. And also you're cherry picking features from 2 BlackBerry phones and comparing it to the 5s as if it's just one BlackBerry phone. For example you say BlackBerry has a better pixel density and then say has better battery life and better speakers. Where one BlackBerry excels, the other fails. And how do you know the Q20 is a beast of a phone? For all we know it could turn out to be more mid-low end. My goodness...just so much facepalm.

I want to reply to what you said but im having a hard time deciding if youre a guy or a girl. Its called exaggeration in order to prove a point. Like the previous guy said there really isn't an accurate way of comparing just apps that do a **** job at it and dont take many things into factor. Youre missing the point of the post.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 07:58 PM
    I want to reply to what you said but im having a hard time deciding if youre a guy or a girl. Its called exaggeration in order to prove a point. Like the previous guy said there really isn't an accurate way of comparing just apps that do a **** job at it and dont take many things into factor. Youre missing the point of the post.

Posted via CB10
    I don't get the exaggeration, just a lot of points that don't make sense. And benchmarks are an accurate way of determining the speed of phones. Just because a processor has a faster clock speed doesn't make it really faster. Think of it like an Intel Atom clocked at 1.6Ghz and an Intel i5 clocked at 1.3Ghz. The Atom isn't a faster chip.

04-21-14 08:02 PM
    I don't get the exaggeration, just a lot of points that don't make sense. And benchmarks are an accurate way of determining the speed of phones. Just because a processor has a faster clock speed doesn't make it really faster. Think of it like an Intel Atom clocked at 1.6Ghz and an Intel i5 clocked at 1.3Ghz. The Atom isn't a faster chip.

Im sure you dont get the exaggeration and im sure you wouldn't get sarcasm or humor either but youre completely missing the point so hopefully you get the analogy of youre counting water molecules when Im talking about the current of the ocean.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 08:06 PM
    Im sure you dont get the exaggeration and im sure you wouldn't get sarcasm or humor either but youre completely missing the point so hopefully you get the analogy of youre counting water molecules when Im talking about the current of the ocean.

Posted via CB10
    What exaggeration, sarcasm, and humor?? There is none. Do you know what they are? And I get your point and I addressed it. You're saying you don't get why people criticize BlackBerry phone for being underspecced when iPhones are and I answered saying that iPhones really aren't underspecced. Maybe you're not getting my point.

04-21-14 08:10 PM
    The biggest perception of 'speed' in the user experience is the response to touch input events. In this Android lags IOS badly leading to complaints of lag. I suspect the Z30 does very well here. Android KitKat does better subjectively but I'll wait for another comparison for benchmarks.

Similarly browsers back in the day that didn't progressively render content were perceived as slower than those that did even if the final render time was the same.
    04-21-14 08:17 PM
    I'm in that opposite crowd everyone loves to hate that feel it should all revolve around user experience instead of how many cores a device has but I accept (even if I don't agree) that specs sell. It's just a truth. I honestly don't believe a lot of people can even fully utilize the hardware they want to have, minus screen res and camera of course. I seriously doubt I need an octo-core or three to four gigs of ram to pump out documents, get emails and read forums
    04-22-14 02:34 PM