I used to have the first version of the blackberry when it was HOT!!! i liked my phone but internet connectivity was horrible and network was all that strong but it worked. i loved the phone but i was reluctant to update because i keep hearing it is not for my country. why? why do they not make phones that work just as good anywhere in the world? why?!!
    teret likes this.
    02-01-17 02:55 AM
    Never heard of it, but yes people did use it in Canada and USA initially for business purposes and had the support and every compatible thing. May be you have heard people saying this.
    02-01-17 03:25 AM
    I used to have the first version of the blackberry when it was HOT!!! i liked my phone but internet connectivity was horrible and network was all that strong but it worked. i loved the phone but i was reluctant to update because i keep hearing it is not for my country. why? why do they not make phones that work just as good anywhere in the world? why?!!
    I'm a bit confused cos if you look at the blackberry.com site, and say, the priv, then the specs, connectivity, you'll see all the different regions. I'm in Aus, so my region is Asia pacific, and all my telco bands are covered.

Which country/region are you in?
    02-01-17 03:39 AM
    From what I've read in the past BlackBerry is huge in Asia Pacific heck even in some African countries.
    02-01-17 04:17 AM
    kinda hard to understand when you dont tell us your conntry...
    app_Developer likes this.
    02-01-17 04:44 AM
    Use BlackBerry in Europe and it is recommended and works perfectly. Avoid these unfounded conclusiones.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-17 07:11 AM
    They say they ban Blackberries in middle east due to its security?? somehow please verify if this is true..?

Posted via CB10
    02-01-17 07:50 AM
    They say they ban Blackberries in middle east due to its security?? somehow please verify if this is true..?

Posted via CB10
    I think it had to do with BlackBerry not giving government a backdoor to encrypted communications like governments in North America had
    02-01-17 09:54 AM

Posted via CB10
    Middle East is a big place... but yes there were a few nations that started blocking BIS, because BlackBerry would not do as they asked.

Others.... worked out their "differences" with BlackBerry.
    02-01-17 02:57 PM
    The most appropriate way to respond is, in my opinion, "wtf". BlackBerrys are phones, they work everywhere.
    02-01-17 03:29 PM
    Middle East is a big place... but yes there were a few nations that started blocking BIS, because BlackBerry would not do as they asked.

Others.... worked out their "differences" with BlackBerry.
    But then BIS issues don't apply to either BB10 or Android devices, only older BBOS device's.
    02-02-17 05:03 PM
    But then BIS issues don't apply to either BB10 or Android devices, only older BBOS device's.
    I think when those countires "block" BlackBerry they block the traffic to BlackBerry's network services.... which means no BBM, no BBW, no BBID and no activation. Even without BIS, a BlackBerry has to phone home.
    BB-JAM215 likes this.
    02-03-17 07:12 AM
    For spying reasons I would assume.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    02-03-17 10:42 AM
    "Why is blackberry not recommended for countries other than the US, UK and CANADA?"

Not sure where this bizarre statement came from, but it isn't true. All you need to do is just buy a BlackBerry that supports your local wireless carrier's bands, and you're good to go.
    02-03-17 09:06 PM