As I said, you are at liberty to believe in anything. You can even believe that BB10 can happily exist as a mobile OS if you want.

Your beliefs do *not* affect reality and, given Chen's statements on BB10 - no further devices, no further development, support limited to two security updates - your belief in BB10's happy existence might soon face serious challenges from the likely reality that BB10 faces.

I'm actually a little disappointed that I don't live in your world... it would be great to live in a world where reality changes according to how strongly people belief and all it takes to alter reality is to believe in something else really, really strongly.

I see disappointment in your future. No matter, I guess you can always believe in the continued success of BB10 and see if reality changes. Good luck...
    A bit dramatic, but as you like.....look, this is a 'first world' problem.
    I like BB10..a lot. If you review what I have written before; I have stated, maybe BlackBerry isn't up for keeping BB10 'alive'.
    Maybe, they have 'given up' and taking the 'easy road', at least for.....fair enough, their decision.
    All I am just saying......it is possible to have another viable mobile OS now and in the future.
    04-28-16 02:48 PM
    ......hmmmmmm........at one point in time, the reality was:
    the world was flat.
    we didn't have cars
    we didn't fly to Australia
    we didn't pay $5 for a cup of coffee.
    we didn't care about 'apps'........but,things change.
    No.

The *reality* is that the world is roughly spherical.

*Belief* that the world is flat doesn't affect that reality.

It remains round, regardless of how many flat-Earthers believe otherwise.
    anon(6038817) likes this.
    04-28-16 02:48 PM
    we didn't care about 'apps'........but,things change.
    Tell that to Mike Lazaridis.
    04-28-16 02:49 PM
    Couldn't care less.
    04-28-16 02:56 PM
    A bit dramatic, but as you like.....look, this is a 'first world' problem.
    I like BB10..a lot. If you review what I have written before; I have stated, maybe BlackBerry isn't up for keeping BB10 'alive'.
    Maybe, they have 'given up' and taking the 'easy road', at least for.....fair enough, their decision.
    All I am just saying......it is possible to have another viable mobile OS now and in the future.
    I agree it is possible... but I think it will only happen in association with either some new hardware innovation or some new software innovation.

I mean it's possible someone will come along and replace Windows as the PC platform of choice.... Mac and Linux have been trying for years.
    04-28-16 03:16 PM
    I wish every armchair CEO understood that.
    Can you please use a more creative phrase? The "armchair CEO" and "bb10 is dead" have been used far too often. They are becoming as boring as "the market has spoken". None of them are true, just slogans from people who lack arguments and creativity. Kind of like Chen copying android due to lack of ideas, knowledge, creativity and fighting spirit.
    A LOSER going down with other people's ideas because his Priv, even last quarter, was selling less than bB10 and BBOs7 devices.
    Despite the app market...
    04-28-16 03:42 PM
    Can you please use a more creative phrase? The "armchair CEO" and "bb10 is dead" have been used far too often. They are becoming as boring as "the market has spoken". None of them are true, just slogans from people who lack arguments and creativity. Kind of like Chen copying android due to lack of ideas, knowledge, creativity and fighting spirit.
    A LOSER going down with other people's ideas because his Priv, even last quarter, was selling less than bB10 and BBOs7 devices.
    Well, go shout at the admins then: Armchair CEO - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

Besides, "armchair CEO" is more family friendly than most other stuff I could come up with.
    anon(6038817) likes this.
    04-28-16 03:59 PM
    Couldn't care less.
    And yet, here you are.

*ME173X
    04-28-16 04:15 PM
    True, but it won't be BB10.
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-28-16 04:20 PM
    Would you like to switch terms in the spirit of political correctness?

How about instead of "armchair CEO" we substitute "In my imaginary world"?
    For "BB10 is dead" we could say "BB10 is vital signs challenged".
    For "the market has spoken" we could say "the market discriminates against the vital signs challenged".
    04-28-16 04:21 PM
    You are so right. No more Crapdroid or iSheep please.
    DrBoomBotz, TgeekB, JeepBB and 1 others like this.
    04-28-16 05:21 PM
    You are so right. No more Crapdroid or iSheep please.
    Or iDroid or Crapple. Honestly.
    04-28-16 05:32 PM
    Oh, that's different.
    04-28-16 07:17 PM

For "the market has spoken" we could say "the market discriminates against the vital signs challenged".
    I don't care for political correctness, but the terms I mentioned earlier have been typed so often in these forums that it feels like 1950's robots, not humans, are posting here.
    04-28-16 08:25 PM

"The market is rigged and monopolized" is much closer to reality.
    Try using Google or any app and select to pay instead of being spied upon.
    See if you can. And the governments are colluding instead of enforcing the existing privacy laws.

It's like the terrorists put a gun to your head and ask you to choose between death by hanging or by beheading. Some choice, some market!

The app fiasco has become so ridiculous that Chinese and 5-eyes security agencies are cooperating for equal opportunity spying on everyone through each other's app security vulnerabilities...

https://citizenlab.org/2016/02/priva...baidu-browser/

This was on BBC Radio today, adding that the 5-eyes ‎agencies figured it out and use Baidu's apps to spy on everybody.
    It's hilarious. Equal opportunity surveillance shared between the Chinese and the West.
    You are doubly spied upon if you use apps or Chinese android phones like nexus 6p from Huawei, Google's phone.
    Last edited by sorinv; 04-28-16 at 08:56 PM.
    04-28-16 08:28 PM
    Yeah, actually the market has spoken. So has Chen. BB10 is dead.

Just like Elvis.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-28-16 08:47 PM

Just like Elvis.

Posted via CB10
    Elvis is also from the (late) 1950's...
    04-28-16 08:57 PM
    "The market is rigged and monopolized" is much closer to reality.
    Try using Google or any app and select to pay instead of being spied upon.
    See if you can. And the government's are colluding instead of enforcing the existing privacy laws.

It's like the terrorists put a gun to your head and ask you to choose between death by hanging or by beheading. Some choice, some market!

The app fiasco has become so ridiculous that chines and 5-eyes security agencies are cooperating for equal opportunity spying on everyone through each other's app security flaws...

https://citizenlab.org/2016/02/priva...baidu-browser/

This was on BBC Radio today, adding that the 5-eyes ‎agencies figured it out and use Baidu's apps to spy on everybody.
    It's hilarious. Equal opportunity surveillance shared between the Chinese and the West.
    You are doubly spied upon if you use apps or Chinese android phones like nexus 6p from Huawei, Google's phone.
    I don't understand what you're on about here. If an app has a purchase button then that means just that - purchase. None of the apps I've purchased have ads. Nor are they Chinese. Huawei didn't build a spy phone and Google services can be easily disabled. If having a device made by a foreign country country bothers you, put down your device and start using cans with string, because that's pretty much all of them.
    04-28-16 08:59 PM
    Hey!

Chen has a lot of knocks against him, but his age isn't one of them.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-28-16 09:04 PM
    I bet he's a BB10 fan...
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-28-16 09:42 PM
    Hey!

Chen has a lot of knocks against him, but his age isn't one of them.

Posted via CB10
    I wasn't referring to Chen. I was referring to those who repeat slogans like "robots from the 1950s". The robots of today are much smarter.
    04-28-16 10:40 PM
    I bet he's a BB10 fan...
    Indeed, Elvis and and chairman Jobs rule and support Bb10 from the grave.
    04-28-16 10:42 PM
    I don't understand what you're on about here. If an app has a purchase button then that means just that - purchase. None of the apps I've purchased have ads. Nor are they Chinese. Huawei didn't build a spy phone and Google services can be easily disabled. If having a device made by a foreign country country bothers you, put down your device and start using cans with string, because that's pretty much all of them.
    No it doesn't worry me but your reply is exactly as I mentioned earlier: if you don't like being hanged, try beheading.
    You have no argument other than: "if you do not like it accept it", instead of paying not to have adds or data mining like BlackBerry is offering through BBM.

The rest of what you wrote about Huawei is smoke in mirrors. You have neither read the link I provided, nor listenened to the BBC program. You just defend them without arguments. You know Citizen Labs is right.
    Yes. Nexus 6p is Google's flagship phone now and it is made by Huawei, a Chinese company whose boss is a former Chinese army general. And yes, Huaweii routers are not allowed in Australia and US because they spy on everyone. Same goes for smartphones.
    04-28-16 10:46 PM

Just like Elvis.

Posted via CB10
    By the way, you know what happens when Chen speaks publicly. He puts his foot in his mouth...
    04-28-16 10:54 PM
    No it doesn't worry me but your reply is exactly as I mentioned earlier: if you don't like being hanged, try beheading.
    You have no argument other than: "if you do not like it accept it", instead of paying not to have adds or data mining like BlackBerry is offering through BBM.

The rest of what you wrote about Huawei is smoke in mirrors. You have neither read the link I provided, nor listenened to the BBC program. You just defend them without arguments. You know Citizen Labs is right.
    Yes. Nexus 6p is Google's flagship phone now and it is made by Huawei, a Chinese company whose boss is a forme Chinese army general. And yes, Huaweii routers are not allowed in Australia and US because they spy on everyone. Same goes for smartphones.
    Baidu isn't installed on the Nexus. You're spreading FUD.
    DrBoomBotz and GadgetTravel like this.
    04-28-16 10:54 PM
133 ... 23456