Why isn't Canada in this Data?
    Ask the people at Kantar. It's their data.
    BergerKing likes this.
    04-26-16 10:56 PM
    No matter how much you fine tune an android, it just fragments into pieces over a simple monthly usage. BB10 is the opposite. Keeps getting better once all the bits fall into their places.
    Mine must be defective then. I used my Nexus 4 for 3 years without incident before upgrading to an LG G4 last October - which has also stubbornly refused to "fragment into pieces" for me. Maybe I'm not doing it right?
    04-26-16 11:57 PM
    Mine must be defective then. I used my Nexus 4 for 3 years without incident before upgrading to an LG G4 last October - which has also stubbornly refused to "fragment into pieces" for me. Maybe I'm not doing it right?
    You're fragmenting it wrong.
    04-27-16 03:29 AM
    I've seen some of the most ardent users say sayonara, permanently. Disappointment, facing denial, and finally accepting the change and getting over it. Some have completely gone off the radar, others I know on our sister sites now, some who even changed their name rather than be associated with their persona here.
    When the time comes and the change has to happen, then we will, but for the moment as long as there is still BB10 we will keep the dream alive.

BB10 or Nothing! BlackBerry Forever!
    04-27-16 04:10 AM
    Absolutely right, but unfortunately mostly of this world's crazy and shallow people are just interested in good cameras, games and apps, sad it is. We're a minority
    Yeah because no one owning a BB10 phone ever complains about their camera or downloads Android apps that they need or want...
    IndianTiwari and Tabdus like this.
    04-27-16 04:59 AM
    And nearly a fatal lack of support. Many users weren't forgiving once the slide started, and saw the arrogance from the corporate side in full blossom.

I've seen some of the most ardent users say sayonara, permanently. Disappointment, facing denial, and finally accepting the change and getting over it. Some have completely gone off the radar, others I know on our sister sites now, some who even changed their name rather than be associated with their persona here.
    Many saw the writing on the wall years ago, but some of us (including me) were way too stubborn and optimistic to a fault to admit to ourselves that the widespread predictions of BB10s failure were probably true.

I'm not embarrassed to be a BlackBerry fan - I'm a contrarian by nature. I am skeptical and reluctant to go with the popular choice just because it is popular. I want to use a BB10 phone until the bitter end, but realistically that's probably not going to happen. BB10 will likely never receive a major OS update/overhaul again. What little app support remains is drying up fast.

I've been agonizing over whether to get another BB10 device - a Passport probably - but I keep talking myself out of it for the simple fact that it is not as "future proof" as an iOS or Android device. Every single day that passes makes BB10 more obsolete, out of date, and unsupported. If I get a Passport, it is much less likely to be able to adapt to the constantly evolving smartphone techscape.

Ask yourself this question and have the courage to answer it honestly: if you look at a Passport vs an iPhone 6 (released same time) or a Passport vs a Nexus 6 (release same time), which device has the greater possibility of still receiving updates, having access to the apps you need, and being supported 2 or even 3 years from now?

I know a lot can change in 2-3 years, but I cannot conceive of any scenario where BB10 phones are suddenly being produced again and sold by the millions, especially in a market where even iPhone sales are finally slowing down.
    BergerKing, TgeekB and JeepBB like this.
    04-27-16 10:06 AM
    ...hmmmmm.....that is just completely disappointing. Living in fear, because you lost the market. Hogwash. It is possible for BB10 or any other mobile device OS to co-exist, currently and beyond. Maybe BlackBerry, in it's current form, is not capable of taking on the task, but it is not impossible. If you believe you can't exist in this current duopoly, then you are already defeated. I am sick of people being scare to fight, creative or explore new ways of doing things because they think it is 'too hard'. Why have we all become so lazy, so defeatist, so brainwashed, to think a third or more mobile OS, can't exist. People have died trying to reach the highest mountains peaks for less. I don't run a multi-billion dollar international corporation, nor do I think that I can. I do know for certain, there will be something that will be bold and disrupt the status quo. For an example, I am impressed that the Sailfish OS is still around and even on multiple phones....they are continuing and moving forward. The pity party is simply embarrassing.
    TheAuthority and deadcowboy like this.
    04-27-16 10:19 AM
    ...hmmmmm.....that is just completely disappointing. Living in fear, because you lost the market. Hogwash. It is possible for BB10 or any other mobile device OS to co-exist, currently and beyond. Maybe BlackBerry, in it's current form, is not capable of taking on the task, but it is not impossible. If you believe you can't exist in this current duopoly, then you are already defeated. I am sick of people being scare to fight, creative or explore new ways of doing things because they think it is 'too hard'. Why have we all become so lazy, so defeatist, so brainwashed, to think a third or more mobile OS, can't exist. People have died trying to reach the highest mountains peaks for less. I don't run a multi-billion dollar international corporation, nor do I think that I can. I do know for certain, there will be something that will be bold and disrupt the status quo. For an example, I am impressed that the Sailfish OS is still around and even on multiple phones....they are continuing and moving forward. The pity party is simply embarrassing.
    It's not about fear, its about accepting reality.
    TgeekB, JeepBB and deadcowboy like this.
    04-27-16 10:53 AM
    I don't run a multi-billion dollar international corporation, nor do I think that I can.
    This is the key sentence in your post.
    04-27-16 11:04 AM
    That can be said for every post regarding the issue. It doesn't change the fact, it is possible to have another mobile OS.
    04-27-16 11:46 AM
    It's not about fear, its about accepting reality.
    Reality.....reality is what you make it to be, what you want to believe. Maybe BlackBerry isn't the right company for task. It is not impossible.
    No whining allowed.
    04-27-16 11:49 AM
    And the "that's reality," posters parroting the same doom and gloom all day long are experts who do run multinational corporations? They present hypothetical questions that don't even match the smartphone/"techscape" they proffer. For example the question about which platform is more likely to be supported "2 or even 3 years from now" is laughable because 2 or three years is an eternity in the smartphone/tech landscape. If the latest and greatest types kept phones that long they could have any phone today with no worries because in two or three years they will have acquired at least six newer model handsets. Even a BlackBerry 10 phone which hasn't been around that long will be supported for two more years at least. So, they "jump ship" for iphones and android phones and those models will still be relevant (to spec and app based smartphone users) in three years? My Q10 suits me fine every day and will continue to do so for at least two more years.
    04-27-16 11:53 AM
    I wish every armchair CEO understood that.
    04-27-16 12:07 PM
    Its also "crazy" that people get "bored" with a phone or OS after probably only a few months now because people have such a short attention span.
    Well, if you're going to sell someone a smartphone, the best one to sell them is their first one, especially if you have a good ecosystem to get them hooked into. Even better, if you can use that very same phone and platform to meet the needs of older users, professionals, and other types of non-recreational smartphone users then you are golden.

Just because the advertisements are geared towards younger recreational users does not mean that older professional and enterprise users can't make use of it, too. It's just that commercials work better when geared towards the younger audience. Otherwise, you would have a typical BlackBerry commercial which is legendary for its ineffectiveness.
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-27-16 12:09 PM

Just because the advertisements are geared towards younger recreational users does not mean that older professional and enterprise users can't make use of it, too.
    I never said that older people do not use them, I also said that I have an iphone also, I am 49 years old!

Actually you reminded me of another point about advertizing. Blackberry DID actually have some pretty "boring" commercials geared towards older invididuals, like the one where there was a middle aged mother showing her Blackberry and bragging about being able to do 5000 text messages a day on it. (i think they actually used that number!) Not exactly the "epitomy" of "cool" now is it!

Truth, Blackberry commercials were terrible. How much that affects people, you can use your own discression but you can bet it does influence a lot of people or they would not have focus groups.

"Blackberries are something old people use" is what I heard once from a buddies daughter and that basically says it all.

"If he uses a Blackberry he is too old to date you" was another slogan in Twitter.

So when I talk about this I am talking more Sociologically about public perceptions and ultimately it comes down to "coolness" sells. And I can give examples of this all week long if you want me to.

And guess what....features are great and starting out with the best packed featured phone (as you say) is great but they could even invent a phone that slaps you in the face to wake you up and cook your supper for you and people WOULD STILL GET BORED with it eventually.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-27-16 12:27 PM
    Many saw the writing on the wall years ago, but some of us (including me) were way too stubborn and optimistic to a fault to admit to ourselves that the widespread predictions of BB10s failure were probably true.

I'm not embarrassed to be a BlackBerry fan - I'm a contrarian by nature. I am skeptical and reluctant to go with the popular choice just because it is popular. I want to use a BB10 phone until the bitter end, but realistically that's probably not going to happen. BB10 will likely never receive a major OS update/overhaul again. What little app support remains is drying up fast.

I've been agonizing over whether to get another BB10 device - a Passport probably - but I keep talking myself out of it for the simple fact that it is not as "future proof" as an iOS or Android device. Every single day that passes makes BB10 more obsolete, out of date, and unsupported. If I get a Passport, it is much less likely to be able to adapt to the constantly evolving smartphone techscape.

Ask yourself this question and have the courage to answer it honestly: if you look at a Passport vs an iPhone 6 (released same time) or a Passport vs a Nexus 6 (release same time), which device has the greater possibility of still receiving updates, having access to the apps you need, and being supported 2 or even 3 years from now?

I know a lot can change in 2-3 years, but I cannot conceive of any scenario where BB10 phones are suddenly being produced again and sold by the millions, especially in a market where even iPhone sales are finally slowing down.
    For me, it came down to a single application. The app that broke the camel's back. Once that line was crossed, there was no return. It did not make me hate BlackBerry at all, because without my BlackBerry experience, I wouldn't have the world change as much as it did when I first laid hands on a Curve.

Nearly everything I ever did on a BB I quickly figured out on the other platform, and some I do better than before. I don't have to figure out a lot of work arounds, or load leaks and pare down features to get better performance as I did in the old days. I didn't get the BB 10 experience, as my carrier only got one, the Q10, and by the time it came to fruition, I was long over physical keyboards. I wasn't willing to sacrifice screen real estate, either.

The pain was surprisingly short lived, because I get a lot of bang for my buck. Stuff works. Is it as elegant or ruthlessly efficient as BB 10 in the raw? Probably not. Battery efficient? User results vary. I manage rather well, with minimal hassle. Almost no lag, and a lot more depth of support.

And a funny. Just a while back, I went to download an app that
    wasn't available for my primary device. I used my secondary, downloaded the app to it, stripped the apk and installed it anyway, and it functions flawlessly.
    04-27-16 12:38 PM
    Well, if you're going to sell someone a smartphone, the best one to sell them is their first one, especially if you have a good ecosystem to get them hooked into. Even better, if you can use that very same phone and platform to meet the needs of older users, professionals, and other types of non-recreational smartphone users then you are golden.

Just because the advertisements are geared towards younger recreational users does not mean that older professional and enterprise users can't make use of it, too. It's just that commercials work better when geared towards the younger audience. Otherwise, you would have a typical BlackBerry commercial which is legendary for its ineffectiveness.
    Target younger audiences because theyre more likely to lack two things: stuff, and the ability to say no, because they want stuff. The older we get the wiser and less likely to be affected by ads.

Well, hopefully wiser.
    04-27-16 12:54 PM
    Reality.....reality is what you make it to be, what you want to believe. Maybe BlackBerry isn't the right company for task. It is not impossible.
    No whining allowed.
    Nope. Reality is what "is". It is an undeniable absolute.

You are at liberty to believe anything that you wish. If your beliefs conflict with cold, hard reality... that's just denial. Reality isn't a matter of belief, it's a fact!

The word for people who deny reality is "delusional".
    04-28-16 03:04 AM
    No whining allowed.
    Wow we can't even agree on the definition of reality. Got to laugh.
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-28-16 01:36 PM
    Nope. Reality is what "is". It is an undeniable absolute.

You are at liberty to believe anything that you wish. If your beliefs conflict with cold, hard reality... that's just denial. Reality isn't a matter of belief, it's a fact!

The word for people who deny reality is "delusional".
    Death and taxes are a reality,
    BB10 can happily exist as a mobile OS option.
    04-28-16 02:11 PM
    Alternate realities don't count.
    04-28-16 02:31 PM
    I reject your reality and substitute my own. - AS
    anon(6038817) likes this.
    04-28-16 02:32 PM

......hmmmmmm........at one point in time, the reality was:
    the world was flat.
    we didn't have cars
    we didn't fly to Australia
    we didn't pay $5 for a cup of coffee.
    we didn't care about 'apps'........but,things change.
    04-28-16 02:40 PM
    As I said, you are at liberty to believe in anything. You can even believe that BB10 can happily exist as a mobile OS if you want.

Your beliefs do *not* affect reality and, given Chen's statements on BB10 - no further devices, no further development, support limited to two security updates - your belief in BB10's happy existence might soon face serious challenges from the likely reality that BB10 faces.

I'm actually a little disappointed that I don't live in your world... it would be great to live in a world where reality changes according to how strongly people belief and all it takes to alter reality is to believe in something else really, really strongly.

I see disappointment in your future. No matter, I guess you can always believe in the continued success of BB10 and see if reality changes. Good luck...
    04-28-16 02:41 PM
    No, death and taxes are certain. If you're going to use an idiom, learn to use it correctly.
    TgeekB likes this.
    04-28-16 02:45 PM
133 12345 ...