Why is the blackberry app always last to be updated?
    do you guys think we will even get this update?
    i dont have to get the chatheads but the stickers!
    Facebook updates iPhone app with stickers and Chat Heads; iPad gets new design
    04-18-13 10:47 AM
    cue poster saying its a gimmick and he/she does not need it in his/her life therefore it is irrelevant for blackberry.
    04-18-13 10:50 AM
    Don't know, but have to say its a good update.
    04-18-13 10:53 AM
    As long as it's an option/app cause I don't want it

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 11:01 AM
    cue poster saying its a gimmick and he/she does not need it in his/her life therefore it is irrelevant for blackberry.
    It pretty much is all of the above. FB is an infection whatever the platform. People that want it should have it tho, but as RIM make their own FB client II wouldn't hold my breath. "Coming Soon" is the standard reply.
    grover5 and dopestar like this.
    04-18-13 11:02 AM
    I don't want it either. But to answer the OP's question I would say because android and apple have all the market share and therefore a lot more customers.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 11:04 AM
    I'd be happy if the playbook app was updated to work properly :-)
    04-18-13 11:09 AM
    Hmmm not really. BlackBerry was first to get time shift camera and this incredible keyboard. We tend to take stuff we have for granted

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 11:17 AM
    Good update, and hopefully it's coming to bb10

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 11:30 AM
    Hmmm not really. BlackBerry was first to get time shift camera and this incredible keyboard. We tend to take stuff we have for granted

Posted via CB10
    Hey i love the keyboard and camera,but in my post i said i was referring to app update,i.e Facebook and those sorts, i didn't say anything about features

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 11:34 AM

Posted via CB10
    Although great features, the Samsung S3 and Note 2 both had "Best Face" settings in the camera for over six months now (similar to time shift).

The keyboard is built using the SwiftKey SDK, which has been on Android for more than a year. Flick typing is unique to BB10, though.

App wise, FaceFlow came to BB10 first, with other mobile platforms still to follow. SocialScope and UberTwitter both came from the BlackBerry side first. Hopefully they return to BB10. Even BeWeather started out as BerryWeather and has been supporting BlackBerry since as long as I can remember.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 02:15 PM
    BlackBerry is the best no questions asked.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 02:35 PM
    What is a fb sticker??
    04-18-13 02:39 PM
    Considering BlackBerry had to build their own Facebook app I very much doubt we will ever see Facebook "Home" on a BlackBerry device.

Or atleast not anytime soon. If or when BlackBerry becomes as widespread as Android and/or IOS we will then see the apps coming in at the same rate as the other platforms.

This will happen when your pizza box says "download our app on Iphone Android and BlackBerry."

Then we will know BlackBerry is BACK!

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    m1a1mg likes this.
    04-18-13 02:46 PM
    I don't want to see people from high school that I haven't spoken to in years on my phone as a chat head. Not every "Friend " on Facebook is a close friend.

Posted via CB10
    1oo1 and dopestar like this.
    04-18-13 02:58 PM
    Facebook is all about users - mo users, mo money. BlackBerry just can't deliver the users to justify something as specific and, I assume, complex, as chat heads. Android is a completely open do-what-you-will OS with the largest global market share, makes perfect they would get it first. We'll see a similar system on iOS as soon as Facebook jumps through Apple's hoops or Apple caves to popular demand, whichever comes first.

I'm still a little bit mind blown by the whole chat heads idea. It just seems like a widget or an overriding, actionable Facebook notification system. Great for people who use Facebook heavily, kind of in-your-face and obtrusive imo.
    04-18-13 03:06 PM
    Probably due to the fact that the Facebook app is built by BlackBerry, whereas the iOS and Android versions are built by Facebook.
    04-18-13 08:01 PM
    I don't want to see people from high school that I haven't spoken to in years on my phone as a chat head. Not every "Friend " on Facebook is a close friend.

Posted via CB10
    This just shows that you have no idea what you're talking about. The chat heads is a function of Facebook Messenger. You have to enable/pop out the chat head for a particular contact. You have to have an active conversation through the messenger for the chat head to be active and you can discard it at any time. If you don't like it, you don't have to use it
    04-18-13 08:16 PM
    Simple Math.... tens of millions Ipad.. IPhone Android users.... a couple of million Z10 users at best.... who would you develop for....
    04-18-13 08:21 PM
    Chat Heads isn't Facebook Home.

Chat Heads is Facebook's new name for Facebook Messenger, essentially.
    04-18-13 08:27 PM
    That's probably their way to get around BlackBerry ability to access ur chat from every window...

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 08:29 PM
    Chat Heads isn't Facebook Home.

Chat Heads is Facebook's new name for Facebook Messenger, essentially.
    No it isn't. It's an added feature to Facebook Messenger that you have to turn on to use. If you don't enable it, you use their messenger the same as always
    MC_A_DOT likes this.
    04-18-13 08:50 PM
    Facebook is all about users - mo users, mo money. BlackBerry just can't deliver the users to justify something as specific and, I assume, complex, as chat heads. Android is a completely open do-what-you-will OS with the largest global market share, makes perfect they would get it first. We'll see a similar system on iOS as soon as Facebook jumps through Apple's hoops or Apple caves to popular demand, whichever comes first.

I'm still a little bit mind blown by the whole chat heads idea. It just seems like a widget or an overriding, actionable Facebook notification system. Great for people who use Facebook heavily, kind of in-your-face and obtrusive imo.
    It's been on IOS for a few days now
    04-18-13 08:52 PM
    No it isn't. It's an added feature to Facebook Messenger that you have to turn on to use. If you don't enable it, you use their messenger the same as always

Correct. I have it.

It also works with SMS....I am LOVING it. Facebook Home (the launcher) needs updates though.

It would be nice to see it on the OS 10 software, I know QNX can handle it.
    04-19-13 07:10 AM
    I don't know why blackberry phones always last update but at this time the latest app for Blackberry mobiles are Turtle Eggs, Sky News, Photo Distortions, Foodspotting etc.
    04-19-13 07:50 AM