Today Samsung and Sony present their new cutting edge devices, Note 4 and Z3, Apple is going to present IPhone 6 at Sept 9.
    And BlackBerry is going to present Passport at 24???

In my country there is a phrase that said "Who Hit first, Hit Twice".

Sorry for Passport, all the Hype is going down of the shadows of Note 4, Z3 and IPhone 6.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by elhot69; 09-03-14 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Confused words in the title
    09-03-14 07:43 PM
    We will see.
    Doesn't make sense they would release it at the same time as another big product.
    09-03-14 07:48 PM
    Modified your title to fix some errors, and deleted a little language. Please keep it clean, and no swearing in a family friendly forum please

Sent from my white Q10 using Tapatalk
    09-03-14 07:54 PM
    So everyone will buy everything except BlackBerry because BlackBerry has decided to launch after everyone else and only the BlackBerry devoted will be left to get the passport. Personally, I don't agree with this logic, unless of course BlackBerry thinks that people can use their cooling off legal clause as an out to get out of their contract and switch their device to a passport. Hope I am 100% wrong and JC knows what he is doing. Maybe that's why I am not the boss of BlackBerry

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.1052
    zuraizul likes this.
    09-03-14 07:56 PM
    How edit thw titlw of the post? i only can edit the content
    09-03-14 08:21 PM
    Forget, i discover how to modified the title
    09-03-14 08:22 PM
    How edit thw titlw of the post? i only can edit the content
    Moderators can change the content and monitor what we do.
    Zocster is prob a mod

Posted via CB10
    09-03-14 08:25 PM
    It goes the other way too, if BlackBerry announced the Passport first it'd be forgotten about shortly after in the hype of the new Note and iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-14 08:27 PM
    BBRY does it right. Let's get the others pray their new products and than present what will rock the house
    09-03-14 08:27 PM
    BlackBerry can't time the release, they have failed time and time again in the past.

All that matters is innovation. Create a product and draw users from other platforms. It's gotta be significant enough for ppl to break contracts and move out of their existing ecosystems.

Release in the fall and they are competing with apple. Delay it further and everyone has already spent their money buying iPhones and BlackBerry doesn't have time to market and roll out for the Christmas season.

Innovate and attract. It'll never be the perfect month or day to release a device.

We can be guaranteed any money BlackBerry spends to market the Passport will be buried and drown out by the android and apple behemoth marketing teams.

Posted via CB10
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    09-03-14 08:38 PM
    When you're not loaded like apple's bank accounts, domestic and off shore. BlackBerry isn't matching. Hey BlackBerry had to let staff go and do a reconstruction of their total operations. And yet their still going and signing big contracts too. Lost some too, but BlackBerry will still be here.

Z10 all they way!
    09-03-14 08:50 PM
    As the world seems to suffer from ADD.... all the launches at least from a media perspective... are basically forgotten a couple of days later... after the opinion peice are posted and reviews in... the launch will be forgotten and onto the next latest and greatest poduct... seeing as Sammy, Apple and Sony will have launched... it actually benifits BB being last out the gate..... add to the fact that I doubt Blackberry has a crystal ball to know what dates who is doing what.....
    09-03-14 09:15 PM
    Today Samsung and Sony present their new cutting edge devices, Note 4 and Z3, Apple is going to present IPhone 6 at Sept 9.
    And BlackBerry is going to present Passport at 24???

In my country there is a phrase that said "Who Hit first, Hit Twice".

Sorry for Passport, all the Hype is going down of the shadows of Note 4, Z3 and IPhone 6.

Posted via CB10
    Passport is not even competing in the same market place so what does it matter? The Passport is going to target professionals and enterprise and not your everyday consumer.
    09-03-14 09:46 PM
    Save the best for last, you don't get that, your in the wrong forums!!!!!
    LeeU1911, Shadowyugi and bungaboy like this.
    09-03-14 09:48 PM
    It matters not which models are announced first.

The key point is that the new Blackberry's will come out as scheduled.

Whether the newest Blackberry, Apple and Samsung models capture the imagination and achieve popular consumer success is a matter for another time.
    The Big Picture likes this.
    09-03-14 10:04 PM
    Since John chen took over he has only released 1 device, the Z3, and from concept approval to market (as in available in indonesia) within 3 months.

This is not the old blackberry. this is john chen's blackberry and we should try to have some faith in him.

why would he launch the passport the exact same week as the iphone 6, sony z3 and note 4? Why would he want to contest for media attention during the same time frame?

I think its wise to allow the passport to have its own spotlight after the rest has died down and believe me news about phone launches dies after a week or so. On top of that it would be freshest in the minds of the people when the phone becomes available in October.

Another factor is when exactly will the phone be available for purchase. Doesnt make a difference when it launches (within reason), what makes a difference is when its available to buy. I believe they will all go to market in october.
    09-03-14 10:24 PM
    Even when the mighty HP was trying to get Palm devices like the touchpad launched, they had significant problems with component acquisition because the big players like Apple could lock in years worth of supply.

JC may think that it only takes 10 million devices per year to be profitable, however, a bit player like that isn't going to get first dibs on the components. That means there will be delays.

Think of all the millions of smart phones that are being manufactured for delivery in the next few months. Apple ordered about 50 million iPhones before the end of the year. I'm guessing they make damn sure that they get all of their components first or you may not be doing business with them next year.
    09-03-14 10:26 PM
    At this point, frankly I don't care about the timing of the release, but whether the actual release will be excellent comes the time. No half baked release.
    Flatman and wincyUt like this.
    09-03-14 10:29 PM
    You could say that the Passport is being announced 11 1/2 months ahead of the iPhone 7 announcement...

Posted via CB10
    09-03-14 10:29 PM
    It goes the other way too, if BlackBerry announced the Passport first it'd be forgotten about shortly after in the hype of the new Note and iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    I'm with you there! Surely OP will have a similar comment if the Passport came in first and might well forget the quoted proverb. I though John Chen is the president of Blackberry. How come there are just too many here who thinks they know better. I know I don't know any better than those guys inside Blackberry. The only thing I know I can contribute is to promote Blackberry and correct the brainwashed minds of those who don't comprehend Blackberry's turn-around strategy.
    wincyUt likes this.
    09-03-14 10:36 PM
    If you think it's the timing of the release that makes the product sell, I'm sorry.

Yes there is a bit of strategy involved, but it all comes down to whether or not your product fits your audience.

Posted via CB10
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    09-03-14 10:43 PM
    Save the best for last, you don't get that, your in the wrong forums!!!!!
    This ^
    09-03-14 10:44 PM
    I guess official announcement and availability are two different things. Do you think the passport will be available in September? They have to shorten the gap! Look what happened to sales of the first two BB10's after Mr Ketchup was so sure he would sell millions upon millions upon release! Either way, time will tell

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.1052
    09-03-14 10:46 PM
    Brilliant on BBRYs part for planing to announce last. All the negative reviews of Apple not havingcmuch to announce and not much new will have plenty of time to resonate with users. Their lack of innovation no doubt will continue with modest improvements. BBRY on the other hand will have lots of innovation and significant changes to announce. Don't be surprised if the media has a lukewarm response to Apple and a positive one to BBRY. Only time will tell if this happens and I for one am looking forward to all of the announcements and how the media reacts. I might be in for a surprise but there is an equal chance that the masses get a surprise. Personally I am glad and think that it is very strategic that BBRY launches last.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-14 10:50 PM
    I actually see it differently, it'll be mostly the Apple fan boys who will get the device so close after it launches and they're not going to be swayed by the passport. If the one who presents last does the best job then they'll actually be remembered more than the others, that's how it works for speeches for example

Posted via CB10
    09-04-14 02:40 AM
96 123 ...