I agree with most people saying that BB10 was late to the game. Not only was it 2-3 years late, it came limping instead of running full stride. On top of that, the devices didn't come with a wow factor. The OS was practical and functional, but it didn't have the ecosystem and apps of iPhone nor did it have the customization and flexibility of Android. BB10 was not appealing to the techies and young because it didn't bring anything new and interesting. If it came to the game earlier BB10 could have been the app alternative to iOS and Android.
    Last edited by Jahmal A; 11-18-16 at 08:50 AM. Reason: submitted by accident
    11-18-16 08:46 AM
    Curious, what is it about 10.3.3 that you're clamoring to get your hands on? NIAP certification? That's what's coming, apparently.
    It's an inside joke making levity on all the delays on its release. My 10.3.2 works fine and I don't really need any new features.

Via z10.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    11-18-16 09:12 AM
    I know I'm late, so I will repeat what everybody has said.

All the CEOs are ridiculously stubborn in thinking they had a chance of succeeding.

The age old BBOS was garbage. Installing apps required a reboot when iOS and Android phones didn't need a reboot.

They were often slow. Clunky. Great keyboard, though.

With the introduction of BB10, Thorsten Heins ordered too much damn inventory causing a massive write-off.

They would have had some extra money in the bank, had it not been for that.

The Z10 came first. Big no, no. Should have done the Q10 first.

And their first low end, the Q5, was far too expensive for a low-ranger at $500 when it first launched.

The phones use age old hardware (Snapdragon S4, with the exception being the Passport)

Their software didn't reach maturity til 10.2.1, well over a year past BB10's launch date.

Promise of apps when over 50k or something was made by ****ty app developer S4BB.

...BB10 failed long before it was launched. They were simply too late to the gate because they underestimated the smartphone market.

I'll still use my Q10 until I can afford the Mercury, but as a BlackBerry user, you have to admit its downfalls.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-16 01:43 PM

The Z10 came first. Big no, no. Should have done the Q10 first.
    I disagree. The Z10 was the right device to open with.

However, I would argue that the Z10 and the Q10 should have been released at the same time.

These are two totally different devices targeting two totally different types of people. I never understood the reasoning behind releasing them separately.
    11-19-16 03:49 PM
    I disagree. The Z10 was the right device to open with.

However, I would argue that the Z10 and the Q10 should have been released at the same time.

These are two totally different devices targeting two totally different types of people. I never understood the reasoning behind releasing them separately.
    One was ready in February and the other was ready in April. So they had two choices, release them separately or wait until April to release them both. But they were under the gun so much to get bb10 out the door they chose the former.
    11-19-16 04:00 PM
    With how the outcome of BB10 turned out, they could have waited and nobody would have blinked an eye.
    11-19-16 07:46 PM
    If they had launched BB10 with the functionality of 10.3, the Z30 and Classic as the initial devices, I think they would have had a slightly better chance of not failing. Probably not though.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB likes this.
    11-19-16 08:00 PM
157 ... 567