Posted via CB10
    11-05-16 01:38 PM
    Like there aren't enough threads that have discussed this very subject many times over the past three years.

Posted via CB10
    Ronindan, rt2567, TgeekB and 5 others like this.
    11-05-16 01:40 PM
    This question has never been asked so I'm curious of the responses...
    11-05-16 01:42 PM
    No app support.
    kvndoom likes this.
    11-05-16 01:47 PM
    Late at the party mostly, same for Microsoft (a lot of other reasons but mostly this one)

Posted via CB10
    maclancer likes this.
    11-05-16 01:48 PM
    And it failed miserably, yes, but for me it haven't failed, My Q10 and Z10 are here for everything I do need, even if they EOL tomorrow, I Will still use BB10

Posted via CB10
    FF22 and abathia like this.
    11-05-16 01:50 PM
    In my opinion these are some of the reasons

1. The transition from BlackBerry 7 to BlackBerry 10 was not done properly. BlackBerry failed to attract the current BlackBerry 7 users to BlackBerry 10.

2.First they might have brought Classic into the market and den Q10. It might have helped current pkb users try BlackBerry 10 classic with tool belt for sure and then slowly gain BlackBerry 7 attention and there by improved market share.

3. Absence of low end smartphone. Take the example of windows phone by Nokia. Even though they failed more than 90 percentage of windows phone active was low end Lumia 520. With that phone Nokia gave experience to low end smartphone customers how good, fluid and smooth is windows os. BlackBerry failed to give such an experience and their so called low end phones was highly priced.

Theses are some of them I believed the reasons for failure

Posted via CB10
    11-05-16 02:18 PM
    Well it hasn't failed me. Been on the OS for three years now. It's served me quite well actually. Thanks BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    11-05-16 02:19 PM
    Because potential doesn't mean very much when you're the 4th most competitive OS in a race that only has two winners. Developers really aren't going to support more than two platforms in the long run. If you're going to be a proprietary OS, you have to be the best at hardware - not just competent.
    MikeX74 likes this.
    11-05-16 02:19 PM
    I believe if BlackBerry 10 stops completely people can't get another such a great OS again in their smartphones. That the sad part.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-16 02:25 PM
    The battle was basically over in 2008 when BlackBerry did not have an OS that could compete with the iPhone. It took years to recognize the threat, and then purchase/develop a modern OS. It was over before it started. Devices were ultimately doomed by 2010, as Apple and Android had already taken hold - and BB10 was STILL 3 years away.

Subsequent BlackBerry missteps were utterly irrelevant.
    Last edited by conite; 11-05-16 at 04:00 PM.
    11-05-16 03:50 PM
    No hypervisor is the main reason.
    11-05-16 03:51 PM
    Lack of marketing. Android and ios where intrenched. But I think bb10 could have serviced if more people would have know the great features.

#luvmybb10os
    11-05-16 04:27 PM
    Lack of marketing. Android and ios where intrenched. But I think bb10 could have serviced if more people would have know the great features.

#luvmybb10os
    At the time BB10 was launched people had already a bad recognition of the trademark, Venezuela, the country that once was one of the most important markets for BlackBerry always told me than people told them than BlackBerry in general was a bad brand, they were from the days of the countless battery pulings and nukes, so that already was a bad start for BB10, and the Z10 (the stl100-1/london/3G only) which was the one that a lot (for not saying the majority) of people on My country got, 10.0 at the time was unstable and the battery time was even worser than the actual battery life (well current life isn't bad to be honest), i was one of the early adopters of the Z10 Who bought the Phone in his first days, I was like 13 at the time, and I loved the OS, but not being able to have natively (technically) more than one email account, the bugs and a bad battery life was a heavy hit for the first impression than BB10 left on the not very happy users, the Q10 came up quickly and everyone loved it, good battery, an OS "better" than Z10's (remember than a lot of people Who lives in My country are the equivalent to casual gamers in smartphone users), but the people that bought the Z10 were insulted (I was in that line at the time), the things were so so for BlackBerry at the time, tons of BlackBerry OS devices, a good quantity of Iphones, Samsung was knew as Garbage at the time, but the Major hit when was the Z30 was launched, that was the real deal, it made a ton of people angry, bb10 had already a very bad reputation, people was moving on to the S3 and Iphone 5, I stuck with My beloved Z10 and I saw how good the OS was becoming (it was already good but you understand) 10.1 came, so do 10.2 and 10.3, the OS was becoming a lovely piece of productive art, but it was already too late, everyone was on Android and IOS, the battle was over, everyone keeped its BBOS or made the jump, BlackBerry was believed to be bankrupt, being the Q10 the "last" BlackBerry device ever launched, talk them about a Passport, heck even of a Priv, they Will tell you than BlackBerry went bankrupt long time on 2013, could the different if BlackBerry released the Z10 with something as good as BlackBerry 10.3?, Nope, the ideal momment to make the jump was in 2010, when BlackBerry literally was so powerful than if they threw crap to people they would glady eat it, Android was weak at that momment, IOS wasn't that big to worry about and BlackBerry had the power to do whatever they wanted to, in fact the main reason of all this dissaster was being late at the party, they gave users a lot of gifts on 2013, the daily free paid apps on december, they also marketed BB10 properly, in My country you could even still see a advertise of a Z10 and a Q10 on Caracas, the capital of My country, the superbowl ad also was spectacular, but it already was too late for a rectification of plans, in fact the fight was already lost, even before it started, BlackBerry had a very bad reputation at the time, everyone believed BlackBerry dead at 2013 after the Z10/Q10 failure, it didn't matter the marketing, it couldn't make sales grow, the Passport did make its way to My country and no one even cared for it, and about the app gap, it wasn't that much of a problem at the time, people believed that it Will get apps later, it also helped with the dissaster, but wasn't determinant to the Major failure, if the Z10 could sold tons of unit, had good reviews and good recognition, and more importantly, if it was sooner on the party, all Will be diferent today, but it isn't, it could be in the future if something similar happens to Android in the future (Andromeda/Fuchsia OS maybe?), but even if something like that happens (very unlikely) BlackBerry at that time would have killed BlackBerry 10 OS, and it wouldn't have a player to bring in game, Tizen Will probably take the cake given than it have an ever bigger userbase than BB10 and Windows Phone if I recall correctly (not sure on Windows Phone thought), but the Iphone 8 could mess the waters, no one knows what could be the future, but it doens't look very bright to BlackBerry to be honest, no more brighter than being a niche player in Android World with rebranded phones, but at least that is better than nothing, they are recovering from the disaster than BlackBerry 10 was, they were near of bankrupt at the time and if it wasnt't for mister Prem and his Cash injection they would went bankrupt and bye bye, Chen came, stabilized things, tried with the Passport and Classic and failed, what does that means?, no ammount of marketing would make the deade come alive again, he did what he could for BlackBerry 10, but it was too late, Thor did the trick too late and there wasn't any way to revert it, thought I Will rock My devices until the Android Runtime touch the roof, until then, Lets hope the Best for BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Fret Madden; 11-07-16 at 12:14 PM. Reason: filter evasion
    11-05-16 06:20 PM
    BB10 feature/strengths (pkb, security...etc) was not appealing to consumers who want flexibility and strong platform ecosystem.
    11-05-16 06:29 PM
    1. When it was released, it was a junk OS. It lacked many features of BBOS. It took about two years (at version 10.2) in order for it just to match the old BBOS functionality and only surpassed it with 10.3

2. The CEO genuinely believed he would sell tens of millions (take on Google and iPhone), instead of marketing it at particular niche, he tried to make it a device for everybody. In that sense we already knew he was going to fail even before BB10 was launched. If I held shares I would have ditched them prior to OS 10 release to save myself a lot of money
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-05-16 06:34 PM
    1. When it was released, it was a junk OS. It lacked many features of BBOS. It took about two years (at version 10.2) in order for it just to match the old BBOS functionality and only surpassed it with 10.3

2. The CEO genuinely believed he would sell tens of millions (take on Google and iPhone), instead of marketing it at particular niche, he tried to make it a device for everybody. In that sense we already knew he was going to fail even before BB10 was launched. If I held shares I would have ditched them prior to OS 10 release to save myself a lot of money
    Well said, add to that than Android and IOS were established heavy players at the time

Posted via CB10
    11-05-16 06:36 PM

It was irrelevant who it was marketed to. It was doomed to fail anyway. Enterprise desperately need an ecosystem too, and they (Android and iOS) were already established long before BB10 was released. That's why BBOS numbers were in free fall from 2009 onward.
    TgeekB and Mecca EL like this.
    11-05-16 06:46 PM
    In my opinion BlackBerry 10 failed because :

1. There was overwhelming onslaught of negative press around the world from all angles that BlackBerry is already bankrupt and there will be no support for the phone once you buy it. This coupled with No rebuttal from BlackBerry at all via any media.

2. There were no or insignificant advertising of BlackBerry phones and its OS on any media. Even until today most people do not know that there is such a thing as the BlackBerry 10 OS.

3. The hardware specs or capacity of BlackBerry phones are not sufficient to be used for the OS hence BlackBerry phones has been always famous for having to wait. Or the hour glass symbol. Although the hourglass symbol No longer appear in BlackBerry 10 but you still have to wait for apps to load whilst on Android phones it just open instantly.

4. There was good app support at the beginning but the person in charged of it had to leave and there was insufficient time to allow the ecosystem to stabilise.

5. The Android runtime used is always too far behind time and are not able to run the latest Android apps.

6. They took too long to do away with sideloading. Even until now people still think they have to side load Android apps.

7. Nobody know that BlackBerry 10 do not require to run together with BIS hence many businesses run away from it to reduce cost. Even until today my friends who are business owners shrugs and say why pay so much extra on a monthly basis to use BlackBerry devices.
    11-05-16 07:51 PM
    In my opinion BlackBerry 10 failed because :

1. There was overwhelming onslaught of negative press around the world from all angles that BlackBerry is already bankrupt and there will be no support for the phone once you buy it. This coupled with No rebuttal from BlackBerry at all via any media.

2. There were no or insignificant advertising of BlackBerry phones and its OS on any media. Even until today most people do not know that there is such a thing as the BlackBerry 10 OS.

3. The hardware specs or capacity of BlackBerry phones are not sufficient to be used for the OS hence BlackBerry phones has been always famous for having to wait. Or the hour glass symbol. Although the hourglass symbol No longer appear in BlackBerry 10 but you still have to wait for apps to load whilst on Android phones it just open instantly.

4. There was good app support at the beginning but the person in charged of it had to leave and there was insufficient time to allow the ecosystem to stabilise.

5. The Android runtime used is always too far behind time and are not able to run the latest Android apps.

6. They took too long to do away with sideloading. Even until now people still think they have to side load Android apps.

7. Nobody know that BlackBerry 10 do not require to run together with BIS hence many businesses run away from it to reduce cost. Even until today my friends who are business owners shrugs and say why pay so much extra on a monthly basis to use BlackBerry devices.
    I agree to an extent. I don't find android apps open any faster than BlackBerry's do. But I do agree people were turned off before bb10 came out. I had never owned a BlackBerry before and I was worried it would not be supported. 4 bb10 phones later. I love my bb1

#luvmybb10os
    11-05-16 09:10 PM
    BlackBerry 10 failed because of lack of awareness, focus and self belief in Waterloo about its potential not to speak of the app gap.
    Z30 which was arguably the best VKB BB10 phone never received a flagship replacement which also resulted in lot of negativity amongst many customers .
    bakron1 likes this.
    11-05-16 09:51 PM
    BlackBerry QNX such a great OS. I am using BlackBerry 10 for last two years. Must say it's the best OS. Far far better than ios and android. If BlackBerry is successful in finding BlackBerry 10 licencing partners it will be nice.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-16 10:58 PM
    At the time BB10 was launched people had already a bad recognition of the trademark, Venezuela, the country that once was one of the most important markets for BlackBerry always told me than people told them than BlackBerry in general was a bad brand, they were from the days of the countless battery pulings and nukes, so that already was a bad start for BB10, and the Z10 (the stl100-1/london/3G only) which was the one that a lot (for not saying the majority) of people on My country got, 10.0 at the time was unstable and the battery time was even worser than the actual battery life (well current life isn't bad to be honest), i was one of the early adopters of the Z10 Who bought the Phone in his first days, I was like 13 at the time,
    Holy wall of text. Has no one introduced you to the space key? lol.
    11-06-16 06:51 PM
    "Why BlackBerry 10 OS failed so miserably even though it had high potential?"

I'll answer this quickly:
    1. John Chen is ridiculously stiff and stubborn
    2. Lack of a high-end successor to the BlackBerry Q10 and Z30
    3. No marketing
    4. Not enough pride
    5. Presence of an Android runtime which discouraged many developers
    6. Non-removable batteries
    JulesDB likes this.
    11-06-16 06:57 PM
    How about dumping your eco system and starting from scratch when your competitors are becoming entrenched. BlackBerry was still selling millions of bbos phones in 2009. A skinned version of Android would have been perfect for 2010.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-06-16 07:26 PM
157 123 ...