I'll make it even more quickly.

1) BB10 was 3 years too late to market.
    2) see 1.
    11-06-16 07:26 PM
    I'll make it even more quickly.

1) BB10 was 3 years too late to market.
    2) see 1.
    I'd say closer to 5 years late, but other than that, I can't refute your logic!
    11-06-16 07:33 PM
    Samsung tizen os is becoming popular day by day and it's not superior or par with BlackBerry 10. Tizen also came too late. Why can't legacy BlackBerry company can't make their os successful at least like tizen.

Still there r lot of BlackBerry fans waiting for BlackBerry 10 improvements who is never going to get rid of their current BlackBerry 10 phones for any other OS. How it is impossible for BlackBerry to make their OS popular again?

Posted via CB10
    11-06-16 10:51 PM
    BlackBerry can make more BlackBerry 10 phones for niche customers or make it licensed to some other hardware manufacturer companies and slowly improve their market share. Some strategies, just that's enough to make it popular again.
    11-06-16 10:58 PM
    BlackBerry can make more BlackBerry 10 phones for niche customers or make it licensed to some other hardware manufacturer companies and slowly improve their market share. Some strategies, just that's enough to make it popular again.
    The ship has loooong since sailed. Don't waste your time even discussing it.
    11-06-16 11:19 PM
    Simple, Only 1% people know what is blackberry and 0% of them know what is bb10
    11-07-16 01:19 AM
    BB10 failed because one person didn't buy a BB10 device in the right amount of time. They were one sale away from their success or failure timeline and the clock ran out. Yep, that's it. If they had of bought that one device before the countdown ran out, it would be a different world.*

*Not really but it's much funnier to imagine that being the case then rehashing the reality yet again lol.
    11-07-16 01:49 AM
    I'd say closer to 5 years late, but other than that, I can't refute your logic!
    What kind of state was Android in in 2009?

I heard absolute horror stories about the early versions of Android.

BBOS 7 was smooth as a baby's butt and beautiful.
    11-07-16 01:55 AM

It didn't matter - the OS itself doesn't really matter, as BB proved. What matters is the ECOSYSTEM, and by 2009, Apple and Google were locking up the ecosystem, and once locked up, you can see how impossible it is to try to create a third (or fourth!) ecosystem. BB would have had to have had a next-gen OS, even a rough one, out by 2009 to have any chance, but they hadn't even decided to START working on one by then. Once they finally did start (in 2010), it took 3 years to deliver an incomplete, buggy product and another year to get to a stable, usable OS, and by then the ECOSYSTEM war had long been fought and won. That war was over in 2010 - it just took a while for the reality of that to sink in.
    Elephant_Canyon, kvndoom and TGR1 like this.
    11-07-16 02:26 AM

BBOS 7 was smooth as a baby's butt and beautiful.
    A buggy mess... :-)

It's still improving....

�   "BB10 dead?" - "Let's dance the Danse MacaBBRY! ... or is it..?" ;-D   �
    11-07-16 02:34 AM
    They would have sell Z10 for $ 100 less to gain a larger market share and avoid the huge inventories that remained later.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-16 02:36 AM
    The ship has loooong since sailed. Don't waste your time even discussing it.
    ...you do know this is a forum, right? Where things can be discussed?
    11-07-16 06:42 AM
    ...you do know this is a forum, right? Where things can be discussed?
    Of course. But writing about how BlackBerry can do this or that to improve market share when BB10 development is over and the device business terminated seems like wasted energy.
    TGR1 and TgeekB like this.
    11-07-16 07:04 AM
    No app support.
    Idon't know why people are still in denial about this simple fact, 3 years later. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY returned their brand new Z10 and bought an Android/Iphone because "there wasn't enough marketing"! They refunded the phone because they couldn't use the apps they were used to!
    11-07-16 07:05 AM
    Samsung tizen os is becoming popular day by day and it's not superior or par with BlackBerry 10. Tizen also came too late. Why can't legacy BlackBerry company can't make their os successful at least like tizen.

Still there r lot of BlackBerry fans waiting for BlackBerry 10 improvements who is never going to get rid of their current BlackBerry 10 phones for any other OS. How it is impossible for BlackBerry to make their OS popular again?

Posted via CB10
    Samsung as a brand doesn't have the negative connotation that Blackberry has. I don't doubt that if BB10 never existed and Samsung or Apple created it and released it today as their own "spinoff OS", it would be mildly successful. But Blackberry is a toxic brand right now.

If the Camry, all things being equal, were a Yugo instead of a Toyota, would it still be the #1 selling car in the US for decades running?
    11-07-16 07:13 AM
    Of course. But writing about how BlackBerry can do this or that to improve market share when BB10 development is over and the device business terminated seems like wasted energy.
    Because Chen and some other execs are fuelling people's hopes, claiming they they 'might' release another BB10 device, or license BB 10 to another company. If it's as definite as you say, then Chen and Co are being downright deceptive or even deliberately lying.
    11-07-16 07:48 AM
    Because Chen and some other execs are fuelling people's hopes, claiming they they 'might' release another BB10 device, or license BB 10 to another company. If it's as definite as you say, then Chen and Co are being downright deceptive or even deliberately lying.
    I suppose his statements are as much for the marketplace , where he has kept the door open to license bb10.
    11-07-16 08:49 AM
    It didn't matter - the OS itself doesn't really matter, as BB proved. What matters is the ECOSYSTEM, and by 2009, Apple and Google were locking up the ecosystem, and once locked up, you can see how impossible it is to try to create a third (or fourth!) ecosystem. BB would have had to have had a next-gen OS, even a rough one, out by 2009 to have any chance, but they hadn't even decided to START working on one by then. Once they finally did start (in 2010), it took 3 years to deliver an incomplete, buggy product and another year to get to a stable, usable OS, and by then the ECOSYSTEM war had long been fought and won. That war was over in 2010 - it just took a while for the reality of that to sink in.
    For some, the reality still hasn't sunken in.
    11-07-16 09:43 AM
    We should not overlook the fact that BlackBerry has never made a top notch all touch phone. They would have been better off to buy into a company that knew how to make good Android all touch hardware and updated their Bold PKB phones one more time.
    11-07-16 09:53 AM
    "Why BlackBerry 10 OS failed so miserably even though it had high potential?"

I'll answer this quickly:
    1. John Chen is ridiculously stiff and stubborn
    2. Lack of a high-end successor to the BlackBerry Q10 and Z30
    3. No marketing
    4. Not enough pride
    5. Presence of an Android runtime which discouraged many developers
    6. Non-removable batteries
    Number 2 pretty much nailed it.

#luvmybb10os
    11-07-16 10:38 AM

#luvmybb10os
    I don't think so. Apppppppppsssssss that failed it
    11-07-16 10:55 AM
    A buggy mess... :-)

It's still improving....

�   "BB10 dead?" - "Let's dance the Danse MacaBBRY! ... or is it..?" ;-D   �
    A buggy mess that made lots of money...

but carry on.
    TgeekB likes this.
    11-07-16 11:01 AM
    If you truly wan to know, read the book "Losing the Signal" -for any BB aficionado or lover of BB10 or any Blackberries at all, it is a serious read with mind numbing openness about the true failure. Keep in mind this was published in 2015..

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1250096065...UvbUpU12657678
    11-07-16 11:18 AM

#luvmybb10os
    What are you talking about? BlackBerry went up for sale because of the BB10 fiasco before the Z30 even came out, let alone its successor.
    11-07-16 11:23 AM
    I don't think so. Apppppppppsssssss that failed it
    To a degree but if there was up grade paths for those phones more people would have stuck with BlackBerry and more devs would have made apps. By not having upgrade paths people started to leave and sales declined devs looked else where.

#luvmybb10os
    11-07-16 11:39 AM
157 1234 ...