Android is smoother? How can you say that? I'm not saying my Z30 is smoother than android either....what I'm saying is that when I use my Z30, there is absolutely nothing more it needs to make it smoother. Nothing is choppy, nothing loads slow, nothing annoys me....it's very smooth. No issues, no problems. Probably similar to what your Android does. So to say one is smoother than the other is irrelavent. As for specs.....if my Z30 performs perfectly with lower specs, and Android runs just as smooth with higher specs, than tell me....what is better? Seems to me that BB10 doesn't need the higher specs in order to compete. The OS runs absolutely flawless with the specs it has. So why spend a ton of money in adding more specs, when it won't make the user experience any better? And as to compare what 1 does vs the other....well, who the hell cares? If Android does what you need it to do, great....for me, Blackberry does what I need it to do, and I personally enjoy the user experience on my Z30 than any other device. Is one better than the other? That can be argued for years....but at this point, it all comes down to user preference. I don't use my Z30 to watch videos for hours....I have a TV for that. However, when I do want to watch a movie or videos, my Z30 performs without a problem. So I have all the options for what I use it for. People need to stop saying "Mine is better, no mine is better....nooooo MINE is better!" Holy smokes, is the average age of people on this site 4 years old???
    Yup. Android is just slower because of dalvik which is being replaced. If BlackBerry works for you, I really hate the multimedia components on it though and want to point it out.

Mobile Facebook freezes, on 10.1 Internet would randomly stop working, the Web page shrinks into a small white box etc.

I'll try 10.2.1 just because people say it's way better. Who knows, z10 is collar pocket size but my note 3 case will have a hawk and a khanda on it though..

Crackberry community is the best though. Let's all agree on that, I'll buy a BlackBerry every few years or something to keep Crackberry alive lol.

I'm a tinkerer and power user though, BlackBerry 10 should have sold more bit some stuff is straight dumb. Pb battery for example, BlackBerry has surprised before though.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 04:40 PM
    Lol why I prefer bb over the rest?

Besides privacy, security, NSA, etc.

i love getting a message and being able to reply right from the notification icon at the top.

i love being able to reply to everything straight from the hub.

I love being able to go straight to any notification from the lock screen.

I love keyboard shortcuts, it truly makes everything a zillion times faster.

I love peak.

I love replying to something on hub and being able to slide back to right where I was before.

I love true multitasking.

I love physical keyboard, your typing is a zillion times better, faster, etc.

love removable battery.

I love expandable storage.

I love having all connections including hdmi.

I love having all connections standard.

I love speed dial.

And more.

Plus, bb10 has all the apps I want. I don't care about immature snapchat, Instagram, etc., or watching movies on a 3-5 inch phone when it's better on a laptop or tablet. Or playing ales in a serious manner. And things like that.

Tell me what android or iOS phone can do all of that.
    You were doing fine until the end. You may not care about certain things but obviously a lot more people do.
    11-27-13 04:45 PM
    Be more respectful to a little troll that's spouting off nonsense? I don't think so. Unlike you I can spot a troll post a mile away. Where is the OP, oh yeah, he was banned.
    And for the record the OP was banned because he was trolling this forum with all kinds of nonsense about how his Z10 could get 3 days of battery with heavy usage and a lot of other nonsense.
    Having multiple usernames didn't help his prospects. So perish all trolls, and this thread is proving very productive for infractions and banning. Maybe I can nail a few more BlackBerry haters before I turn in for the night .
    11-27-13 06:32 PM
    [warn]
    PUBLIC WARNING
    Discuss the products and services, NOT the other members posting in the thread. Failure to observe the basic forum rules for a polite discussion will be met with a robust response.[/warn]
    11-27-13 06:48 PM
    Um, I just went from a z10 running 10.2 to. A note 3 running jedi elite 4.3.

The z10 is a steaming pile of cap that lags and stutters playing embedded YouTube videos. Worst purchase I made.

I sincerely doubt your friend has his s4 setup properly aka bloat especially s voice removed.

You on the other hand seem to have the z10 in tip top condition. Tell your friend to root, get titanium backup and remove bloat then come back and see.

If I include the hub loading up my z10 boot is measured in minutes. My note 3 starts up in under 20 seconds and I am using Firefox nightly like it's my desktop. Only thing that takes 10-15 linger is my calendar widget which I admit is an issue.

However I know that the new Android runtime in 4.4 speeds up android by 100% over java what future does BlackBerry have?

If your friend is a business type, BlackBerry always. But I would really hope he doesn't make the dame mistake I made otherwise. Especially now with z10 hardware about to be 2 years old.

If I was just texting and calling I'd take a z10. But I just watched futurama almost 9 hours straight in my note at the hospital. 30% charge left, which BlackBerry can do that?

Posted via CB10
    The Note 3 has a "fast boot" setting. Which basically means that it puts itself in hibernation mode when you turn it off, and doesn't fully shut down the phone. Try turning this setting off and check boot times again.

Zed10
    11-27-13 08:34 PM
    The Note 3 has a "fast boot" setting. Which basically means that it puts itself in hibernation mode when you turn it off, and doesn't fully shut down the phone. Try turning this setting off and check boot times again.

Zed10
    I actually had it off, I'm gonna turn it on because I turn off my phone a lot lol. Tnx.

Edit no fast boot on note 3

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by RexdaleNap; 11-28-13 at 05:25 AM.
    11-28-13 03:58 AM
    The blackberry z30 can do over 9 hours of futurama and still have plenty charge left.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 06:46 AM
    Flashlight on quick menu in 10.2.1 is a great idea!

Wonder if they allow us to create app to be included in the quick menu in the future?
    11-28-13 07:21 AM
    Love Z10, 10.2 and New BBM

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 08:51 AM
    The UI flow of the gesture driven direct "go to" concept. With ongoing 10.2+ updates, it's just comparatively superb!
    11-28-13 10:08 AM
    Flashlight on quick menu in 10.2.1 is a great idea!

Wonder if they allow us to create app to be included in the quick menu in the future?
    this would be a brilliant idea. having facebook or twitter for example, and when pressing the icon, a little drop down (similar to quick reply) allows us to compose a status update there and then)
    11-28-13 10:14 AM
    OK. Another compelling element for the Z30.
    I personally am still holding out for a screen like the Z30 offers, and some sort of solid keyboard. (Either a slider
    phone or a case accessory that converts the phone to a slider.) Aside from the lack of a physical QWERTY, it still
    pains me that the Z30's keyboard is sub par. That's a major shortcoming of the Dell Venue Pro too, and I really want
    a good camera when I upgrade.

The blackberry z30 can do over 9 hours of futurama and still have plenty charge left.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 03:24 PM
87 ... 234