09-22-12 12:40 PM
33 12
tools
    Shouldn't be any reason why the market cannot 4 different platforms. If consumers support it, then it should do alright.
    Amen to that!

Again, a phone that does the following well would suffice for 80% of the market:

- Call/Text
    - Email/Web
    - Skype!
    - Great Camera
    - Facebook/Twitter
    - Maps
    - Play Top-10 smartphone games
    09-20-12 11:46 AM
    Amen to that!

Again, a phone that does the following well would suffice for 80% of the market:

- Call/Text
    - Email/Web
    - Skype!
    - Great Camera
    - Facebook/Twitter
    - Maps
    - Play Top-10 smartphone games
    80% of the market DOES NOT NEED SKYPE! on their phones. Skype is not the end all be all. All the rest I agree with you.
    09-20-12 11:53 AM
    80% of the market DOES NOT NEED SKYPE! on their phones. Skype is not the end all be all. All the rest I agree with you.
    Skype or some other video/audio over IP calling feature. Literally everyone I know is using one, Skype is #1 by a HUGE MARGIN.

Maybe new BBM would do it, BUT, problem is other platform users must also be able to connect. Maybe we get a BBM App for Android/iphone?
    09-20-12 06:16 PM
    @Clinto, well, my Dad got a Windows 7.5 Phone and I've used it a quite a bit and the UI is actually very good. I like it a LOT MORE than Android mess, that's for sure!

I am, and have been waiting for BB10, I DO NOT want to change... I seriously do not... but it's just taking way too long. Before Nokia Win8 phones came out, I wasn't that much in the pinch, but now it's just PAINFUL!

BB9900 is GREAT, I still think the body/style is one of the best in the market, BUT, I just cannot live with the following:

- Battery life is absolutely shameful
    - Camera SUCKS
    - No good mapping solution
    - Having gone through zillions of firmwares to find a stable one
    - Screen is simply too small now
    - Browser is too dated
    - touchscreen is just not up to par anymore
    - lack of good apps

So, overall, I really want RIM to succeed, and BB10 to be AWESOME, but come one, GIVE US A BONE, something to look forward to, something to keep me from wanting the London, I know it won't be ready/released till February... but maybe do some soft unvelining, keep stuff secret but drive some interest!

I honestly think beyond my selfish reasons, it is imperative for RIM to reveal more about BB10! Their bread and butter is corporations, and it started with Yahoo and I am afraid more may follow to drop BB. They MUST STOP THE BLEEDING, even before the final release.

Ok, back to drooling over Lumia 920 pics...

PS. Even if BB10 is great, my next phone would have the BEST camera on the market. That's very critical to me as I take a lot of pics going out and do not wanna carry a camera no more.
    Dude it is really hard to disagree with a single word that you have said...

Like I said earlier, if I was going to switch from BB, the only phone I would go with is the Lumia 920. I'm not 100% sold on it yet, but I know if you pick it up you'll probably be happy with it. It does appear to be one heck of a phone..

Yes the Bold 99XX is getting "long in the tooth" so if you gotta switch, then just do it brotha.

Buuuutttt... You know the Nokia 920 won't be available until November and BB10 is coming just around the corner in January.. And the BB10 is going to be rocking the same camera as the Nokia as BB had to license it from them. Just sayin...
    Last edited by Clinto; 09-20-12 at 08:16 PM.
    09-20-12 08:14 PM
    Just to be clear, that's just one aspect of the camera that RIM is licensing from Nokia. The BB10 device won't have Nokia's PureView or Optical Image Stabilization features. Nokia makes ridiculously good camera phones most of the time, so it's doubtful the RIM devices will be as good.

I'm considering a 920, but I don't want to leave Verizon and I doubt they'll get it.
    09-20-12 09:35 PM
    I think apple rushed iOS 6 because of the maps fiasco that's just one more reason why RIM shouldn't rush BlackBerry 10 and make it perfect. Undoubtably, apple will release a patch update soon.
    09-21-12 09:21 AM
    I think apple rushed iOS 6 because of the maps fiasco that's just one more reason why RIM shouldn't rush BlackBerry 10 and make it perfect. Undoubtably, apple will release a patch update soon.
    Well, apparently there is a debate going on whether Apple has yet approved the Google Maps app in the App Store or even if Google Maps has submitted it. Too many articles tell different stories.
    09-21-12 10:47 AM
    Well, apparently there is a debate going on whether Apple has yet approved the Google Maps app in the App Store or even if Google Maps has submitted it. Too many articles tell different stories.

I hear that!
    Look at what TfL (Transport for London) put on the information boards on the Underground
    http://i49.tinypic.com/2hxc0v7.jpg

Sent from my CrackBerry 9300 using the CrackBerry Forums App!
    Last edited by Nyan_Cat100; 09-22-12 at 12:43 PM.
    09-22-12 12:40 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD