Ok. This means it will run on 61% of all current Android devices and 100% of all new Android phones.
    And probably every iPhone under the sun.
    07-24-13 07:27 PM
    Who said bb10 is expensive? You can get a z10 for free
    They mean the "unhooked" price.
    07-24-13 07:29 PM
    My mistake, it's for 4.0 and above.
    Oh wait, this means that it won't even run on Playbook's android player? I found it funny in an ironic way to think that BBM would make it to Playbook as an Android port. It's a damn shame even that avenue has been shut down.
    07-24-13 07:33 PM
    I have to say that I disagree with that point. Nokia's sales of their 200 EUR phones have not been very successful and have been very much below expectations. The 200 EUR devices that they are producing are not earning them a healthy margin on each of those phones that they sold.

And even with those that have been sold has not earned them any significant gain in marketshare.

Nokia is still very much struggling with an extremely high debt and very heavy quarterly losses even with that 200 EUR phone that you are speaking very highly of.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    Actually, the Lumia 520 and 620 have been pretty good sellers. In just a few months, the 520 is just about the most popular WP device. Lumia 520/620 will easily spank the Q5 in sales in most emerging countries.

Their quarterly losses are reducing, and most of those losses don't come from the mobile phone division anyway.
    JeepBB likes this.
    07-25-13 02:54 AM
    Overall, killing off Playbook support means that BB10 can move forward without having been slowed down by legacy devices or features.

Right, as BlackBerry announces a BBOS device...

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 04:10 AM
    So Blackberry's own apps don't follow their guidelines? That's unfortunate.
    Good point. I was thinking more along the lines of settings. I save what I am working on before switching to another app, so it would never effect me in the real world, but I can see where it might affect others.
    07-25-13 04:34 AM
    Actually, the Lumia 520 and 620 have been pretty good sellers. In just a few months, the 520 is just about the most popular WP device. Lumia 520/620 will easily spank the Q5 in sales in most emerging countries.

Their quarterly losses are reducing, and most of those losses don't come from the mobile phone division anyway.
    Plus the just announced 625 is a very cheap 4G phone and should sell well - I would think that they will increase the gap over Blackberry in terms of market-share and handset sales (but not ASP) in the next quarter.
    07-25-13 04:35 AM
82 ... 234