Apps like what? Most native apps are well optimized. The only ones that start closing down are android side loaded apps.

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    Davey, you seem like a smart kid. Figure out what a "heavier" app would be. Hint: calculator is not a heavy app.
    07-24-13 02:19 PM
    Like the browser. For example, there's an html5 page where if you run the test to completion, it will not only crash the browser but kill all your open active frames.
    I'm testing out html5 impact benchmark

07-24-13 02:26 PM
    I'm testing out html5 impact benchmark
    You can find the details of my Z10 browser tests in this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...raight-809172/

Warning, make sure you don't have any unsaved information in any of your active tabs because you will lose it.
    07-24-13 02:43 PM
    Speed has nothing to do with it. Try running a couple of heavier apps and you'll see your active frames start disappearing.
    Like what? What do you want me to try? You couldn't see it, but I had 8 apps open there. Why don't you give me some step to try.
    07-24-13 02:45 PM
    Like the browser. For example, there's an html5 page where if you run the test to completion, it will not only crash the browser but kill all your open active frames.
    Is this a HTML5 compliant page or a non-standard implementation optimized for IE?
    Last edited by Bluenoser63; 07-24-13 at 02:58 PM.
    07-24-13 02:46 PM
    http://ie.microsoft.com/testdrive/Performance/LawnMark/ this crashed when I went into landscape while running and tried it a second time without switching and ran until finished.

07-24-13 03:07 PM
    Lawn Mark 2013 this crashed when I went into landscape while running and tried it a second time without switching and ran until finished.

That wasn't the one I was referring to. It was the Aston Martin one. In the thread I linked to, I have a Youtube video of it.

Is this a HTML5 compliant page or a non-standard implementation optimized for IE?
    HTML5 compliant. The test ran to completion on my Galaxy S3, iPad 2, on my friends's WP phone, and of course on all desktop browsers.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    07-24-13 03:38 PM
    Damn that was harsh lol. I'll test it again. Edit: crashes at 3rd gear everytime.

07-24-13 03:47 PM
    That wasn't the one I was referring to. It was the Aston Martin one. In the thread I linked to, I have a Youtube video of it.

HTML5 compliant. The test ran to completion on my Galaxy S3, iPad 2, on my friends's WP phone, and of course on all desktop browsers.
    You can actually watch your active frames die one-by-one as the device tries to allocate RAM. It really is a disaster if you have anything important running since you get zero notice that the apps are closing.
    07-24-13 04:01 PM
    You can actually watch your active frames die one-by-one as the device tries to allocate RAM. It really is a disaster if you have anything important running since you get zero notice that the apps are closing.
    Yup, it doesn't fail gracefully at all. Here is an ordinary case where RAM is not an issue. Open up the Remember app and start typing a note. Now multitask a bit and launch other apps. When you open up the app #8, whatever you typed will be lost unceremoniously.
    07-24-13 04:06 PM
    It really isn't a disaster as you won't lose any data if the apps if the apps are written using developers guidelines. It is unfortunate and unwanted.
    07-24-13 04:07 PM
    It really isn't a disaster as you won't lose any data if the apps if the apps are written using developers guidelines. It is unfortunate and unwanted.
    So Blackberry's own apps don't follow their guidelines? That's unfortunate.
    07-24-13 04:10 PM
    Let's see how 10.2 improves on these issues. It isn't a case that many people see but you would think they would stress test their software.

07-24-13 04:14 PM
    BB10 is being optimized as we see with every update enhancing performance. I also think it could have run perfectly fine on the playbook with the hub disabled but considering there is no stand alone mail app that would have made it burdensome for the devs I'm sure. They could have kept the old mail app but then everyone would complain about how it's not in cascades.

I can't deny the other mobile OS's run decently on lesser specs but I do know that once you hit the specs that BB10 likes that it's buttery smooth. Using a Galaxy S3 which are the same specs I feel that the z10 with BB10 is more fluid so it's hard to say which is more efficient overall even though Android runs better on much lesser hardware.
    07-24-13 04:20 PM
    Yup, it doesn't fail gracefully at all. Here is an ordinary case where RAM is not an issue. Open up the Remember app and start typing a note. Now multitask a bit and launch other apps. When you open up the app #8, whatever you typed will be lost unceremoniously.
    The browser test even crashes the hub...wow. I knew RAM management was poor, but I had no idea it was this poor. This doesn't bode well for the A10 and it's supposed focus on gaming.
    07-24-13 04:22 PM
    Thanks, it's so obvious but CB Team and BB defenders are somehow blind in their love. It's the same story with NOKIA. Ony since they offer WP in devices for 200 EUR you can see mainstream peole picking it up- the people paying 600 EUR or more are loyalists and fanboys, but not the mass market.
    I have to say that I disagree with that point. Nokia's sales of their 200 EUR phones have not been very successful and have been very much below expectations. The 200 EUR devices that they are producing are not earning them a healthy margin on each of those phones that they sold.

And even with those that have been sold has not earned them any significant gain in marketshare.

Nokia is still very much struggling with an extremely high debt and very heavy quarterly losses even with that 200 EUR phone that you are speaking very highly of.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    07-24-13 04:23 PM
    The browser test even crashes the hub...wow. I knew RAM management was poor, but I had no idea it was this poor. This doesn't bode well for the A10 and it's supposed focus on gaming.
    How did you crash the hub? Didn't happen with Aston Martin benchmark.

07-24-13 04:28 PM
    How did you crash the hub? Didn't happen with Aston Martin benchmark.

That's the one it happened on, using a Q10. When I swiped back to the hub after the browser crashed, I got a black screen followed by the "preparing..." Message.
    07-24-13 04:31 PM
    Didn't happen like that for my Z10
    Just the apps close down

07-24-13 04:34 PM
    Yeah, Android, most people will get the cheap one, you know, the one that doesn't require a data plan. So they end up with something like the HTC wildfire or the HTC desire C. Do you guys know how much people come back with those cheap *** phones? Almost 50%!!! And you know why? Because these phones are lacking memory. You download two apps and you can't run **** after since everything is so slow and laggy so yeah, Android for the win guys
    + 1000

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    07-24-13 04:41 PM
    That's the one it happened on, using a Q10. When I swiped back to the hub after the browser crashed, I got a black screen followed by the "preparing..." Message.
    I had that happen a few times when I had my z10. I thought it was a hiccup so I paid it no mind.

Sent from my IPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    07-24-13 04:43 PM
    Didn't happen like that for my Z10
    Just the apps close down

Dunno what to tell you. Maybe the browser survived long enough on the Q10 to eat up a bit more RAM and crash the hub.
    07-24-13 04:45 PM
    It would be a valid argument if the price of memory was static. 2gb is right on the cusp of being standard even in garbage tier phones.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 04:57 PM
    Did that bench mark with my laptop 8 and a 8.7 I'm running it now with iPhone 5, the Chrome logo got finished at 100 sec? I had to turn my auto lock to 5 mins. going to check it again.
    07-24-13 06:34 PM
    Did that bench mark with my laptop 8 and a 8.7 I'm running it now with iPhone 5, the Chrome logo got finished at 100 sec? I had to turn my auto lock to 5 mins. going to check it again.
    Try the aston martin benchmark.

07-24-13 06:43 PM
82 1234