BB's low data bandwidth is actually an asset. In some regions, carriers have been offering unlimited data surfing for BB worldwide (basically available in most major countries - EU, USA, China, Japan etc) for a flat rate like USD 55 per month.

StarHub - Support - Mobile - FAQs - Roaming & International Services - BlackBerry Unlimited DataRoam VAS FAQ

I think if BB can team up with global carriers and offer this in other regions, it will become an unbeatable phone.
    11-29-13 02:28 AM
    That should be BIS , new bb 10 use normal internet data stream
    11-29-13 04:06 AM
    You're describing a feature of BIS, which is only available on BBOS phones, and is a deprecated technology. Modern BB10 phones use ActiveSync, which is the current modern global standard, and works just like any other phone OS/platform. BIS is good for 2G networks, but already holds back speeds on 3G networks, and the world is quickly moving to 4G networks now. And, yes, while there are some areas of the world still on 2G, you'll likely see those countries move straight to 4G LTE, because today, nothing else makes sense.
    11-29-13 03:05 PM