why you would want to switch from a known commodity to something brand new.. bugs and all is odd....
    To be fair, there will be more 6s/6s+ phones in users hands within about ten days of launch than all BB10 devices ever shipped, so bugs should work out fairly quickly.
    09-13-15 09:01 AM
    If BlackBerry 10 support native all apps and games in the world, it will be better than better.
    09-13-15 09:20 AM
    BlackBerry Passport of course! There is no comparison. Rolls Royce vs Lada

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 09:45 AM
    The trouble with these threads is that they are subjective. If a Passport works better for you than an iPhone 6s, then you should use a Passport. No need to prove your choice to others.
    TGR1 and rthonpm like this.
    09-13-15 09:49 AM
    If BlackBerry 10 support native all apps and games in the world, it will be better than better.
    And if wishes were horses, we'd all be eating steak.
    09-13-15 09:51 AM
    For me...

my BlackBerry's are the multi tasking, socially integrated communication powerhouses.

My iPhones are awesome for games, snapchat and geocaching.

Posted via CB10 and the BlackBerry Passport
    09-14-15 07:19 AM
    Hmm.......I'm hearing the apple's latest os looks like BB10. If they can prove it then BlackBerry will get paid.

TMO  Z10,STL100-3/10.2.1.2156
    Apple can keep up a legal battle for a long time. BlackBerry doesn't have the resources to do anything, much less get in a legal battle with a company with over $200 Billion in the bank. Apple would just buy them if they pestered them enough or counter sue them out of business.

Posted via Z30
    09-14-15 08:43 AM
    Apple can keep up a legal battle for a long time. BlackBerry doesn't have the resources to do anything, much less get in a legal battle with a company with over $200 Billion in the bank. Apple would just buy them if they pestered them enough or counter sue them out of business.
    Further, "A fan thinks they look similar A fan heard someone else thinks they look similar" isn't going to justify funding a legal action.

Apple expects to sell more than 10,000,000 iPhone 6s and 6s+ on launch weekend, and likely increase their $687 average selling price. That's on the order of seven billion revenue in a weekend, roughly double BBRY's total worth and roughly double BBRY's annual sales. I'll bet they prudently reviewed any potential intellectual property challenges in advance.
    09-14-15 09:16 AM
    Hmm.......I'm hearing the apple's latest os looks like BB10. If they can prove it then BlackBerry will get paid.

TMO  Z10,STL100-3/10.2.1.2156
    I can just picture how that trial would go.

BlackBerry's lawyers: Apple copied our UI!
    Apple's lawyers: We present exhibits A and B - The Nokia N9 from 2011 and the Palm Pre from 2009.
    Jude: Case dismissed with prejudice!

BlackBerry hasn't created an original UI since early in the BBOS days. BB10's UI is little more than a mishmash of stolen ideas from previously killed off platforms. It would be hilarious to see them sue Apple though.
    09-14-15 09:26 AM
    I'm in the same boat and am really trying to fall in love with the SE Passport.

The iPhone 6 is the perfect phone for me in every sense, but I'm trying very hard to convert full time to the Passport.

You see, all I do is read and type on my mobile devices. No social media at all. Forums, emails, texts, and news is all pretty much I do. The Passport is absolutely perfect for me with the size, battery, and physical keyboard. Where I think the PP falls short for my needs is in the app department? There are a few apps that I need to run my business/life but with BB10...there might be some options?

I'm giving the SE Passport a full 2 weeks starting today (got it all setup last night) to see if it'll work for my needs? I set it up a few times but wiped it clean in fear of not liking it? I promised myself I'd give it a fair chance. Stay tuned.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-15 09:27 AM
    For me it's the keyboard and square screen.

I'm sending tons of emails and texts at work and browsing inventory websites often. Most people have to run to their dekstops but I can browse inventory lists in dekstop mode no problem, and bang out messages super fast.

 Posted in CB10 from my amazing SQUARE OG Passport 
    Lefty724 likes this.
    09-14-15 09:30 AM
    I'm in the same boat and am really trying to fall in love with the SE Passport.

The iPhone 6 is the perfect phone for me in every sense, but I'm trying very hard to convert full time to the Passport.

You see, all I do is read and type on my mobile devices. No social media at all. Forums, emails, texts, and news is all pretty much I do. The Passport is absolutely perfect for me with the size, battery, and physical keyboard. Where I think the PP falls short for my needs is in the app department? There are a few apps that I need to run my business/life but with BB10...there might be some options?

I'm giving the SE Passport a full 2 weeks starting today (got it all setup last night) to see if it'll work for my needs? I set it up a few times but wiped it clean in fear of not liking it? I promised myself I'd give it a fair chance. Stay tuned.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not so sure you need to convince yourself that you'll love the SE Passport. For me it just clicked. I liked the capacitive keyboard and the ability to pinch and zoom and with Web browsing. That's it. Not a big differentiator given you can just do that onscreen but I just think it's a great idea and technology.

Maybe you'll have that Eureka moment also. But as you say, the iPhone does everything you want.

I'm also in the same boat not doing much social media etc. But I haven't found the missing apps to be a bother at all.

Hopefully, you'll be able to decide which you like better.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-15 12:16 PM
    Once you start using the keyboard and its shortcuts you will never go back.

Posted via passport
    09-15-15 12:26 PM
    Help those who really need advice on the choice of mobile phones. That said, do not argue with those who are just baiting for an argument. Instead, think of ways we can help Blackberry move forward and succeed. I do not have a clear idea what those ways are but we all can pitch in.

My take.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-15 12:50 PM
    Why?
    It was my first day @ highschool today (my last year).
    As you can imagine, i'm the only one with a passport and this morning a lot of them where making fun of it...

BUT @ 2pm it was my turn...
    All of them where next to a wallplug, with their iphone 6 plugged in.

So yeah, batterywise it blows everything away. Even for a heavy user as me.
    It might not have all the bells like apple promotes with the 6 or 6s, but it just works.
    And that my friend is the only thing that matters to me

Posted via CB10
    09-15-15 01:05 PM
    I have an iPad and a Passport and days go by where I don't even take the iPad out of my bag, because the Passport does everything I need it to and, for me, it is just smoother to use and there's none of this constant pressing of a button at the bottom of the screen.

Also, I love the screen format on the Passport. It is perfect for reading ebooks and browsing the web, without the need to rotate to landscape.

And the keyboard itself is terrific. And the keyboard shortcuts. Wow. I use those all the time.

The File Manager on the BB10 lets me access my home computer, copy files back and forth, etc, no matter where I am in the world.

And Blackberry Blend. Love it.

And getting music and movies onto BB10 is, for me, so much easier. No need to mess around with iTunes. I just copy them either with Blend or using the built in File Manager.

Are there any apps that or on my iPad that I wish I had on my Passport? The only one I can think of would be a version of BBC iPlayer that lets me download as the Play store Android version doesn't seem to want to. Other than that I can't think of a single one.

That's just a few things. I'm sure there are lots that I've forgotten.
    I could get on with the screen without a PKB, I'm tired of all the screens being short and long in landscape like on a laptop, phone and tablet ,computer monitors . It's great for a TV but for me sucks for browsing etc.

Who cares if there are black bars when viewing a video. I know, a lot of people. But the format sucks for anything but. Either you have a long narrow reading screen or a short fat one on your phone.

But meh, the public speaks and that's what they want.
    09-15-15 01:14 PM
    I watched the keynote and I wasn't impressed with new iphones. I left thinking 'definitely an s year'.

Even there campaign pokes fun at the fact nothing has changed.

More ram, faster chip, long press menu options.

Not worth the upgrade for me. Besides I have an android to buy soon.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-15 01:23 PM
    This. So much this.

Choose the right device for you. If that's Blackberry, great. If that's iPhone, that's great too. It's your money and your happiness, you are responsible for it.
    09-15-15 06:52 PM
    I watched the keynote and I wasn't impressed with new iphones. I left thinking 'definitely an s year'.

Even there campaign pokes fun at the fact nothing has changed.

More ram, faster chip, long press menu options.

Not worth the upgrade for me. Besides I have an android to buy soon.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, if you want an improved "last year's phone", grab it now.
    If you want something new and experimental (iBend anyone?), grab a straight-numbered (s-less) iPhone...

:-)

I'd probably actually buy an "S" one... the bugfix ones!

�   Leakers' gonna leak... :-)   �
    09-15-15 06:53 PM
    BlackBerry Hub & Keyboard

Posted via my lovely Q10 
    09-15-15 08:35 PM
    After watching Apple conference on September 09, 2015. I feel like my bb passport is crap compared to iPhone 6s. I am resisting the urge to switch to ios and want to stay with my bb passport. But everywhere I browse on web or any news apps or flip board all I see is iPhone iPhone iPhone 6s. like its everywhere. Can someone tell me why BB passport is still better than iPhone 6s. Thank you
    Please contact me. You seem like a nice person and I will buy your piece of crap for $100, even though that might be a bit much to pay for "crap."
    09-15-15 09:07 PM
    Apple is very good at marketing and appealing to the consumer masses. Imagine if Apple, in some alternate universe, was actually the one to have created the Passport. Their keynote for the "Apple Passport" would absolutely drive their followers bananas. Apple would tout their Passport as truly revolutionary, different from the rest of the smartphones out there, unique, the phone of the person that wants to be different (ironically). Apple's app ecosystem would just add icing to the cake to their Passport too. I guarantee then Apple would sell a bazillion of these devices.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-15 07:56 AM
47 12