<Deleted> double post
    02-09-14 09:55 AM
    The problem seems to be that Blackberry isn't THE Blackberry any more that we used to know and most people used to love.

What is left is a company who is producing a bunch of excuses AND some users who seem to be perfectly OK with it.

I would fire every one of those who produce all of these exuses AND even those who are here on CB trying to explain those excuses, regardless what job they are in.

It is getting upsetting to see how many people are ready to settle for less in their lives. That kind of attidtude is sure something that no organisation does apperciate.
    I couldn't have said it any better.

Spot on!

Enough excuses!!!

Posted with Z10 via CB10
    milo53 likes this.
    02-09-14 10:28 AM
    Yes, the denial and excuses need to stop. And that starts from the top - before Heins, it was a mess; Heins began the clean up but unfortunately the perception and reputation of excellence - that blackberry had, and was slowly eroding in the face of the competition - was shot. I hope Chen stems the bleeding. Lazardis walking out of a bbc interview - that kind of blinkered thinking and arrogance is what has put blackberry where it is. That and the apologists and yes men they surrounded themselves.

Bb10 is an excellent platform and it deserves better. I hope Chen draws a line under the past and this is the start of a new blackberry!

Sent from Tapatalk
    JeepBB and milo53 like this.
    02-09-14 10:35 AM
    I dont have problems you mentioned. No restarts, lag or bugs.

It does start slowish but how often does one let their phone die?

Z30, Q10, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    Yeah. My Z10 on 10.2.1.1925 takes 4 minutes and 40 seconds to boot up. But I reboot the phone like once in two weeks, so I don't care.
    milo53 likes this.
    02-09-14 10:41 AM
    It's almost like the OP believes Blackberry released BB10 without certain features because they didn't want to, not because of time constraints and priorities.
    02-09-14 01:47 PM
    With all the expert opinions here I would expect the market is flood with hundreds of different brands of mobile devices. Seems like so many brilliant individuals here can be the CEO's of this industry. The next thread should be Why with all the brilliant critics we have here, there's still limited choices of mobile devices.
    02-09-14 02:13 PM
    I know there are a lot of threads discussing this but still wanted to pen down my thoughts in case BBRY is listening
    It was really shocking how BB screwed up with their OS when they had such a great chance with BB10 to really come back in the market.
    why did it fail ? one thing that I just couldnt understand was that why did it take them 3 Software releases to bring back speed dialing ? was that feature something that required some complex coding ?
    Why did they screw up with search feature ? search on BBOS was so instantaneous , it was amazing but on BB10 even with all the Ram and processing power it starts off with a lag ? why ? Please improve that in future builds. PLEASE.
    Even now , with QNX at its heart , the software still has so many bugs and issues like texting problems, slow boot up, the battery doesnt charge completely at times , the phone just shuts off. I feel more than anything BBRY should completely take care of all these small but irritating bugs. when will we see a Glitch free phone from BBRY ?
    I feel more than the apps, people were more let down by all this, as to how the software was still so amateur that it even removed some the so useful features of BBOS. Why would it take them 3 software releases to bring custom profiles ? Why not have it from the start ?
    Why did the screw up with the BBM emoticons ? New isn't always better. BBRY please if you are listening . listen to what loyalists want. and make it a glitch free and the fastest OS.
    I guess in the end putting out a half baked product with 140K FAKE apps is just...well a recipe for disaster. Management fumbled every chance they were given.
    JeepBB and mikeo007 like this.
    02-09-14 03:31 PM
    I don't know about anyone else but I remember all of the talk about BlackBerry and their downfall and how they couldn't keep going as they were. Then the talk about them needing a new OS and then the QNX purchase came into play. Then the talk was BlackBerry has ONE last chance to get it right. If BB10 or whatever it was called then BBX? wasn't released perfect they were dead. The. Came the delays to it's release. More talk of it has to perfect and this is their last chance.

Finally BB10 releases to a lack luster response and bugs. This is their last chance, remember? Talk of a sale blah blah blah. Their last chance. Then they focus on enterprise and prosumes. They don't advertise because why bother? If you're not after consumers why would you.

And here we are. It wasn't perfect, some even say a flop. Yet the company is still running, selling and working. They may have failed in ways for now but they are still in business. I guess it wasn't their last chance or are they still on it?
    02-09-14 03:36 PM

And here we are. It wasn't perfect, some even say a flop. Yet the company is still running, selling and working. They may have failed in ways for now but they are still in business. I guess it wasn't their last chance or are they still on it?
    Maybe BB is like my parents?

I must have been given dozens of "last chances" growing-up...

In all seriousness, maybe the various last chances mentioned in connection with BB weren't entirely spurious. The enterprise-focused, slimmed-down, BB of today isn't the same BB of a couple of years ago. So perhaps there were some genuine last chances to continue to be the BB we all knew... which BB didn't take.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-09-14 03:57 PM
    I think the rapid downfall of BBRY formed its roots way back when then CEOs were grand standing with bravado such as "leapfrogging competitions", "amateur hours are over" and "tools not toys" etc., even though they were totally scared of the potential impact of iPhone.
    So, they regarded Apple like an archenemy, and fell into obsession to target Apple, catch them up and possibly excel them.
    The end results was the BB10, that BBRY were hoping to leapfrog Apple, but ended up producing just another iPhone wannabe with different style of operation and UI (so as not be sued by Apple? :-). Obviously, the market was not at all impressed, and BBRY very quickly accumulated a billion dlr of write down etc. Appalling!

So, they got scared again, quickly announcing the defeat in the consumer market, and hastily announced to entrench in the enterprise one, at least for now.
    All along, what was completely lost out was "where were those things that were making a BB a BB?". The proof of it is that BBRY is furiously adding BBOS features now, but it may be too late.
    As someone said in this thread, a brand new (and perhaps green) team of coders were hired with a great fanfare to create a brand new super platform, which nobody cared. The market wanted the core functionality, superb UI and efficient keyboard, that was making a BB a BB, on ANY good platform. In a simple term, legacy devices only lacked a good browsing capability, which BB10 provided, but it dropped everything else.
    BB10 platform was fast and smooth and all that. All good and dandy, but so what? It no longer was the BB, which was sustaining the market. Legacy users (a lot of enterprise users included) were left out, and these legacy users are most experienced, knowledgeable and loyal to BBRY, enough to hold out on the Bolds and be content with them. A big blunder, and a strategic error. No marketing and time would have saved them from this blunder

Simple as that. Unfortunately, Apple killed them again (well, almost) by BBRY's own obsession to beat Apple. Apple did not do a thing to beat BBRY, but BBRY collapse by themselves, and fast.

Hope the new CEO has a good grasp of the situation, and turn BBRY around quickly.
    Enough said.....
    Last edited by xanadome; 02-09-14 at 05:18 PM.
    milo53, JeepBB and kbz1960 like this.
    02-09-14 05:06 PM
    Blackberry has failed because rather than helping with productivity, their latest so called operating system has reduced it to a crawl, they have lost touch with their supporters, and have no idea where to go from here. Sorry John it is too late, can we say Nortel?
    02-09-14 05:16 PM
    That's not too bad. My 9550 took ten minutes to boot up.
    02-09-14 05:49 PM
    I guess in the end putting out a half baked product with 140K FAKE apps is just...well a recipe for disaster. Management fumbled every chance they were given.
    Fake apps? What are you talking about?
    02-09-14 05:54 PM
    Blackberry has failed because rather than helping with productivity, their latest so called operating system has reduced it to a crawl...
    Sorry, but you really have no idea what you're talking about. I have put this OS through the wringer, head-to-head against every high-end device out there. Nothing touches it when it comes to productivity.

Say what you want about kiddie apps, but you clearly don't know what you're talking about here.
    02-09-14 06:01 PM
    He's talking about all of the apps created by s4bb.

Sent from my  using Tapatalk
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-09-14 06:15 PM
    I think the rapid downfall of BBRY formed its roots way back when then CEOs were grand standing with bravado such as "leapfrogging competitions", "amateur hours are over" and "tools not toys" etc., even though they were totally scared of the potential impact of iPhone.
    So, they regarded Apple like an archenemy, and fell into obsession to target Apple, catch them up and possibly excel them.
    The end results was the BB10, that BBRY were hoping to leapfrog Apple, but ended up producing just another iPhone wannabe with different style of operation and UI (so as not be sued by Apple? :-). Obviously, the market was not at all impressed, and BBRY very quickly accumulated a billion dlr of write down etc. Appalling!

So, they got scared again, quickly announcing the defeat in the consumer market, and hastily announced to entrench in the enterprise one, at least for now.
    All along, what was completely lost out was "where were those things that were making a BB a BB?". The proof of it is that BBRY is furiously adding BBOS features now, but it may be too late.
    As someone said in this thread, a brand new (and perhaps green) team of coders were hired with a great fanfare to create a brand new super platform, which nobody cared. The market wanted the core functionality, superb UI and efficient keyboard, that was making a BB a BB, on ANY good platform. In a simple term, legacy devices only lacked a good browsing capability, which BB10 provided, but it dropped everything else.
    BB10 platform was fast and smooth and all that. All good and dandy, but so what? It no longer was the BB, which was sustaining the market. Legacy users (a lot of enterprise users included) were left out, and these legacy users are most experienced, knowledgeable and loyal to BBRY, enough to hold out on the Bolds and be content with them. A big blunder, and a strategic error. No marketing and time would have saved them from this blunder

Simple as that. Unfortunately, Apple killed them again (well, almost) by BBRY's own obsession to beat Apple. Apple did not do a thing to beat BBRY, but BBRY collapse by themselves, and fast.

Hope the new CEO has a good grasp of the situation, and turn BBRY around quickly.
    Enough said.....
    Load of horswsh!t

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 06:42 PM
    Load of horswsh!t
    Hahaha, truth hurts, eh? :-).
    Don't be too serious. It's just someone's opinion under this thread.
    But glad it was a good manure for good growth of flowers....and weeds :-).
    JeepBB and kbz1960 like this.
    02-09-14 07:30 PM
    BlackBerry has NOT failed, they are restructuring! They made some terrible mistakes but with the OS maturing beautifully we all will see a resurgence! They are focusing on their bread and butter now, ie the BES but that doesn't mean no new devices for public consumption, I see a more specialized market share coming within 12 to 18 mths and once stability is established they will push forward. Fact is no other platform offers the security of BlackBerry, they will be around for a long time.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 07:36 PM

Enough said.....
    I agree with what you said. I've been a BlackBerry user for 7 years or so, what kept me here over the last 3 years or so, is now gone. the new BB10 is fast and great, but lacking what kept me a BlackBerry user. In my views, all OS's or phones/hardware are now similar, no real incentives to choose BlackBerry, or for an Iphone user to switch. Unless you have issues and want to actually change brand.

Posted via CB10
    milo53 and JeepBB like this.
    02-09-14 08:01 PM
    I agree with what you said. I've been a BlackBerry user for 7 years or so, what kept me here over the last 3 years or so, is now gone. the new BB10 is fast and great, but lacking what kept me a BlackBerry user. In my views, all OS's or phones/hardware are now similar, no real incentives to choose BlackBerry, or for an Iphone user to switch. Unless you have issues and want to actually change brand.
    My thought exactly! That's exactly the way I think.
    I am rocking a 9900 as a daily driver now despite that I have been an Apple/Mac user for the last quarter century. I am currently using my iPhone 5s to supplement the 9900. I tried a Q10 with a great expectation but it was not for me, at least at the time.
    I suspect (with a wishful thinking) that the latest formal pushing out of 10.2.1 (was it?), instead of constant leak OS, was actually enforced by the new management. I can almost hear them saying "shape up or leave!", LOL.
    Although I expressed my rather bitter opinion in response to the thread title "Why BB failed", I have a feeling that the new BBRY management might deliver excellent enterprise devices that everybody (including average consumers) can use, much faster, like the next 3 months or so. Waiting for another 12 to 18 months will really kill BBRY.
    02-09-14 08:17 PM
    S4BB. Remember those morons?

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 08:25 PM
    S4BB. Remember those morons?

Posted via CB10
    Morons? Didn't they make a fair amount of money by flooding the store the way they did? That's not exactly stupid. They took advantage of a very desperate BlackBerry.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    milo53, JeepBB and kbz1960 like this.
    02-09-14 09:02 PM
    The average person cannot but one NOW!

They're on display...uhmmm...virtually NO WHERE!

To buy one you have to be a fan boy already and search one out on the internet.

You can't even hold one in your hands first to see how it feels.

I don't know who wouldn't call that failure.

Posted with Z10 via CB10
    Absolutely, i don't know anyone who would buy a 500+ dollar phone without playing with it! I sure won't.
    02-09-14 10:04 PM
    Hahaha, truth hurts, eh? :-).
    Don't be too serious. It's just someone's opinion under this thread.
    But glad it was a good manure for good growth of flowers....and weeds :-).
    Your whole idea stems from this so called rivalry with apple even though blackberry's decline pretty much coincided with a major rose in android devices...but no I'm sure android wasn't a concern... and BlackBerry didn't fall because they failed to innovate..

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 10:06 PM
    For all you os7 users who feel bb10 is just another phone, that's too bad. You didn't expect them to have everything 100% at launch did you? Sticking with your beloved os7 was what got them here in the first place.

For example the guy saying he's using his 9900 along with the iphone... I'd say it sounds like your iPhone isn't exactly getting the job done 100% if you have to balance it out with another phone... but hey let's ignore that

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 10:08 PM
101 12345